IGNORED

Small NES score(updated)

Brad2600

Today I checked out a Salvation Army Store in the area and I found hidden on a shelf of videotapes and Genesis games....3 CIB NES games.

I found

Heavy Barrel

Double Dribble

Blades of Steel

All complete in box with instructions. 2 of the games have the original warranty cards in the boxes. They were not shrinkwrapped but still looked pretty new. The contacts appear to be pretty clean from what I noticed.

They all cost $1.99/each. A good deal in my opinion as NES games typically go for the same price for unboxed commons and games that are slightly popular/rare tend to go as high as $4 each...unboxed.

I have 2 loose copies of Blades of Steel to unload. If anyone wants a working loose copy of this game, PM me and we can work something out.

Not a bad deal.

I now have boxed games for almost every system in my collection.

I took some money I had put away and decided to hit a big flea market today and I found 4 boxed INTV games for $10, 3 NES games for $10 and 3 joysticks for the VCS for $4.

Nothing special for NES games...just Zelda, Ninja Gaiden II and Donkey Kong 3. I know you don't collect for these systems but I'm just saying.

For INTV stuff, found 3 boxed Sears Super Arcade variations of Space Battle, Auto Racing and Basketball. 1 is complete and the other 2 are missing overlays/instructions. Also found NHL Hockey complete.

For controllers, Found a Gemstick and Wico Boss controller. Found another controller but can't tell what it is. I think all of them work on the 2600..not sure.

Not a bad find.

So I think I got a good deal on games today. $24 total isn't too bad to spend. Won't be buying anymore games for a long time though.

In fairness, people's situations change day to day. I remember somebody cut me a break and threw in a boxed Nintendo game for free because I was dead broke, and the next day I got an overdue check from an advertiser for $3,000. I felt a little silly, but I did send him several PM's thanking him profoundly for being such a good trader. *sheepish*

Double Dribble was the best NES basketball game, in fact, it was the best sports game on the NES for YEARS. The closeup dunk screens were phenomenal, and copied in basketball games for a long time after that, but in every other game, the upclose dunks looked lame.

If you play with two players, the game gets crazy, as stealing is really easy. Plus the sound effect of a three pointer was pretty dam cool.

In fairness, people's situations change day to day.  I remember somebody cut me a break and threw in a boxed Nintendo game for free because I was dead broke, and the next day I got an overdue check from an advertiser for $3,000.  I felt a little silly, but I did send him several PM's thanking him profoundly for being such a good trader. *sheepish*

MMF, I can understand that but I don't think that applies here. He asked for the free game when he clearly had money, which is lying. Read his post in the Marketplace and you'll see he admits it. There are no hard feelings here, but I don't think I will deal with Kepone again.

While I'm not here to defend Kepone's trading conduct with any other individual on this forum, I think I would be remiss at this point if I didn't reveal the details of my recent transaction with him.

Kepone contacted me around Aug. 21st because he had in his posession a cart that was on my want list. Unfortunately, I had nothing to trade him for it at that time. However, Kepone offered the cart to me for free and didn't even ask for shipping. Needless to say, I accepted his gracious offer. I've traded with Kepone several times and in each instance he was polite and reliable. Hopefully, I'll trade with him in the future...I owe him one.

As a general statement regarding trading, I would like to add that honesty, complete openess, and respect are critical features of any successful trading relationship. It is difficult to be honest and open with others if one is not first honest with one's self. Furthermore, in any such relationship, if one attempts to satisfy multiple self-serving agendas opaquely, then others will justifiably perceive that they are being manipulated.

Yeah I kinda had to be honest with myself.

This isn't the first time I've eaten into money for bills to buy games. I've made it a (bad)habit of charging whatever I want to buy to a debit card. And if I do have actual cash on hand, I spend it on foolish endeavours.

I'm still trying to clean up as I have some debt I want to finish paying off. Part of that debt is shipping out things that I have promised for a while but have not made good on.

As for the transaction mentioned in the last post, I happened to find a copy of the cart and that he did not already have it so I purchased it along with some other 2600 carts and offered to ship it. I've just been putting it off. And even if he or anyone else does not have anything to trade, I'd be willing to just send a cart and pay the shipping as long as it didn't have a high rarity value. By the way, the cart in question is Star Trek:SOS and it's a rarity 3.