IGNORED

Option key doesn't function with fujinet.

chevymad

When in self test, keyboard... press down option select and start at the same time... do they all show as being held together?

while still pressing all three press a key at the same time... and the same again and add shift to the mix...

what do you observe?

2 hours ago, chevymad said:

Yes it does work with self test. 

Then I suspect it's the same or similar issue I had to address in the 576NUC+ with it's FujiNet daughter board. It's related to the TK-II which of course is the only keyboard input on an XEL, XLD, NUC. When I get a chance I'll look into it, but I'll warn you it could be a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

When in self test, keyboard... press down option select and start at the same time... do they all show as being held together?

while still pressing all three press a key at the same time... and the same again and add shift to the mix...

what do you observe?

Seems to all work. They will flash really quick as you add another key. 

I can jury rig a NUC/FujiNet board on my XLD to test this, since I don't have an official one with the SIO plug. Just have to get in the mood to do this. If someone else already has the means to simply plug in a FujiNet on a 1088XLD to check this, that would be great.

16 minutes ago, mytek said:

I can jury rig a NUC/FujiNet board on my XLD to test this, since I don't have an official one with the SIO plug. Just have to get in the mood to do this. If someone else already has the means to simply plug in a FujiNet on a 1088XLD to check this, that would be great.

I can do this later this evening.  Reply may be late - I have to finish up work and do an oil change on my car so I can work on my truck this weekend (vehicle shit never ends).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK, had some time to open her up and try a couple things tonight. It appears to be a problem with my sophia2. If I replace the sophia with a standard gtia, everything works as it should. I put sophia back in the machine and again option won't work to boot the fujinet. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, chevymad said:

OK, had some time to open her up and try a couple things tonight. It appears to be a problem with my sophia2. If I replace the sophia with a standard gtia, everything works as it should. I put sophia back in the machine and again option won't work to boot the fujinet. 

That's interesting. I wonder what's happening with the Sophia OPTION key input that only shows up as a problem with FujiNet (timing?).

For kicks I installed the sophia into my U1mb 800xl tonight. This was an adventure in itself. Not so much the sophia install, but for some reason this machine wouldn't go into the u1mb menu. It otherwise seemed to function fine. Since I couldn't get into Spartados, I pulled the amic chip and reprogrammed with my minipro. Now it all functions like it should again. This is one of the original black Candle boards. 

Anyway, back to the pertinant info to this thread. The Fujinet functions fine with sophia2 and u1mb in the 800xl. So it's something with my XLD machine making the fujinet not boot with option pressed.

@chevymad it could be an issue with the TK-II aspect in the 1088XLD, although perhaps it's an edge case since @Stephen's appears to work properly. Really weird though because I believe you used the Self Test to verify that the Option key was working (Yes/No ??).

I know in the 576NUC+ which also uses a TK-II variant it was necessary to do some special handling of the Option key so that the FujiNet daughter board would properly work. However that was mainly to do with the fact that the TK-II was also performing other system chores such as XRAM mode & OS ROM selection, as well as automatic Basic disable dependent upon which start-up hot key sequence was in play. None of these apply to the XLD.

Yes, Option key does work in self test and other software. It's also strange because it used to work fine but slowly started working less and less til not at all. Anyway, the XLD appears to work fine with a standard gtia, and the 800xl works fine with the sophia, so it's all good at the moment.