IGNORED

Ghost's 'n Goblins for NES...

Desolate One

Oh it takes plenty of patience and timing! I remember not getting past the second part of the second level... if that made any sense. You know, the one with the multi-levels, damn-difficult-to-kill demons, and ravens. I remember that being the place I would get stuck and could not pass as a child. Well it didn't take much to get there now but I kept dying since when I would crouch he would stay down! I'm going to try a different controller next time I play... and after my teeth stop hurting. I bit into the MF hard enough to leave some deep marks. ;)

I remember getting to the end ONCE, and ONLY ONCE, on the Genesis version. That's after my friend Chris and I spent all day playing it at his grandpa's nursing home (they let us hook up the Genny to the TV in the lobby/reception area). I also remember it screwing us by sending us all the way back to the beginning to do it AGAIN. Still, as hateful as the difficulty level is, I still love the game. I have the NES, SMS, SNES and GBA versions. :D

Yeah it's well known in the gaming community that the Ghosts and Goblins series are very hard. And don't forget you have to go through the games TWICE to beat them ;)

Personally.. I've played and completed them all, and I think Ghosts and Goblins is the one that didn't age too well and is quite frankly the most difficult/frustrating of them. If you want to play something from the series, I'd recommend Ghouls and Ghosts (Mame/Genesis, etc.) as that is FAR easier to bet but still having that high level of challenge. Plus the ending boss (Loki) is FAR more impressive than the lame-o boss of the first one :P

Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES/GBA, etc is also a good one, but I miss not being able to shoot up again. The double jump dynamic is a masterable technique.. but not as fun :P

I have the SNES version, and damn! It's way too hard. I've been playing vids for ever, and truthfully don't consider myseld a great gamer, but still this title is frustrating and yet I keep coming back..

Knowing that I would have to go through the game twice, I'd estimate haveing to play for a bout 2-3 days non stop to get it done. No password sucks for sure

Are ppl saying its hard on the consoles only? Because the arcade version of both are pretty easy. Did anyone ever bother to rack up loads of free lives on ghosts and goblins?? It was that stage in the cave with the blue zombies and those weird looking mini castles? that popped up as you progressed. There is a part of that stage where you can keep moving left/right and hitting fire. Each time youd kill a zombie and eventually get a huge score and loads of lives, regarldess of the timer running out. The last boss is more of a bitch on ghosts and goblins, i think you needed the cross or the shield depending on the rom.