IGNORED

Can you say "BS"?

ApolloBoy

GAH! I can't read past the first few lines.

I REALLY hate when people start using technical terms when it's obvious they have no clue what they're talking about.

Okay I lied. I forced myself to read the whole thing.

He knows jack squat about anything.

I found it quite an interesting read, shame he got some facts wrong.

I don't see a problem with his scoring, it is afterall his opinion. If you took an average 20 year old gamer who grew up with the PS1/PS2 era, and showed him the Atari VCS he/she would likely laugh at you. We as true classic gamers know different and appreciate this system and all other systems.

He did go on about how the Atari 2600 almost killed the games industry......but forgot to mention it is largely responsible for creating the games industry.

It seems that he can't make up his mind. At times he seems to praise the 2600 and at other times, he puts it down hard. Almost like a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde personality disorder issue.

My first impression of this person is that they really do not understand what classic gaming is about. It is not about comparing the Atari 2600 versus the PS2 or other modern systems. The true meaning of classic gaming is to enjoy the games that were made for those systems and to enjoy the games in their own right for how much fun they were and not how many polygons were they pushing (The Atari 2600 did not even have polygons as an option).

Granted there were quite a few stinker games written but there were quite a few games that were and still are entertaining to play. Plus I don't need to read a big, bulky manual to play 2600 games nor do I have to spend days on end to achieve something (like say the Final Fantasy series that takes a great deal of time to complete). The Atari 2600 provides me with a great deal of fun and reminds me of friends from an earlier time when we all had 2600 games and shared.

It seems that he can't make up his mind. At times he seems to praise the 2600 and at other times, he puts it down hard. Almost like a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde personality disorder issue.

My first impression of this person is that they really do not understand what classic gaming is about. It is not about comparing the Atari 2600 versus the PS2 or other modern systems. The true meaning of classic gaming is to enjoy the games that were made for those systems and to enjoy the games in their own right for how much fun they were and not how many polygons were they pushing (The Atari 2600 did not even have polygons as an option).

Granted there were quite a few stinker games written but there were quite a few games that were and still are entertaining to play. Plus I don't need to read a big, bulky manual to play 2600 games nor do I have to spend days on end to achieve something (like say the Final Fantasy series that takes a great deal of time to complete). The Atari 2600 provides me with a great deal of fun and reminds me of friends from an earlier time when we all had 2600 games and shared.

I agree with that. It's funny, I can play Resident Evil Zero for a few hours, then turn around and play Seaquest or something for another few hours. Simply stated, it's all about the gameplay.

Actually I was expecting much worse. I tend to agree with Clock, he's probably just a kid that never grew up with the actual system and can't help but focus on the graphics compared to later consoles.

This probably says it all:

49 RETURN OF THE JEDI (Parker Bros., 1983)

Star Wars was even around back then. This game was kind of confusing to play and it's hardly addictive.

For 1 player only

graphics: 5

sound: 4

gameplay: 5

Imagine that, they had Star Wars waaaaay back in '83. :D

I'll get him for not recognizing Indy 500's true greatness though. :x :x :)

Hey' date=' that's a great review! He even tells us about the gameplay! I don't see how it's confusuing, though. All you do is shoot.[/quote']But there's only one button!

You can fire, but how do you thrust? Or change weapons? Or bring up the cockpit view? Or activate powerups? And so on and so forth.

Hey' date=' that's a great review! He even tells us about the gameplay! I don't see how it's confusuing' date=' though. All you do is shoot.[/quote'']But there's only one button!

You can fire, but how do you thrust? Or change weapons? Or bring up the cockpit view? Or activate powerups? And so on and so forth.

:lol: