IGNORED

Dramanoes

PixRuss

2071105026_bandicam2022-03-1721-54-32-828.thumb.jpg.43a8e2b3cc94fd1979aaa42349aa6860.jpg

****UPDATE: V2.3****

Dramanoes_2.3.zip

**Added new game rules and fixed bugs**

Thanks to @ZeroPage Homebrew and their viewers for the feedback!

Old version still attached for anyone who's interested/curious

How to play:

Two players (or one player and the computer) start with ten randomly selected numbered cards (Dramanoes), face down.

During each turn, both players pick a Dramano to show each other. Once both players have picked a Dramano, they are flipped over, face-up, to reveal a number between 1 and 12.

The player whose face-up Dramano has a higher (or lower, depending on the game mode) number than the other's flips it back over, face down. The other player discards theirs.

The player who can make their opponent run out of Dramanoes wins the game!

Controls:

Left and Right: move selection cursor

Fire: select Dramano

Up: quick-assess Highlighted Dramano

[If the highlighted Dramano's value is 7 or higher, it will nudge slightly. A potentially valuable strategy tool!]

Down: reshuffle (re-randomize) your remaining Dramanoes

[Can be done anytime, though best used in the case of a draw, the hope of improving your chances of winning, etc.]

Select switch OR Left Joystick Left and Right on game select screen: choose game mode.

Reset switch OR Left Joystick Fire on game select screen: starts/restarts the game.

Left Difficulty Switch: SINGLE PLAYER MODES - affects probability that the Computer player will reshuffle their own Dramanoes after a certain point. You'll know that it shuffled when its cursor turns yellow.

Right Difficulty Switch: SINGLE PLAYER MODES - affects randomness and amount of time the Computer player takes to select a Dramano.

Game modes:

1 - Singleplayer, larger number wins

2 - Singleplayer, smaller number wins

3 - Two player, larger number wins

4 - Two player, smaller number wins

_Dramanoes_FIXED_NTSC_bas.thumb.png.1a6526bf889e95d9ee4e78bf08ceabca.png

_Dramanoes_FIXED_NTSC.bas_1.thumb.png.5c7de74738a8086060d7cf3c02c71065.png_Dramanoes_FIXED_NTSC.bas_5.thumb.png.14285662f8253a7789ff3ca9d4964b86.png

Background:

Though this is my first post here, I had actually dabbled a fair bit in bB several years ago and pretty recently decided to pick it back up.

I originally made up this game IRL back in 2014 and decided to give an Atari 2600 port a shot. It had way too much randomness, which kinda defeated the point of the original concept.

Just a couple weeks ago, I revisited the source code and completely overhauled it so that it would play as originally intended. I even went beyond that and gave it a touch of personality and character.

Dramanoes_OLD.zip

Edited by PixRuss
New version!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Random Terrain said:

That's exactly why I was initially trying to avoid using that command.

I went and put together a video that demonstrates the problem I'm trying to resolve, or at least understand.

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Dramanoes on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH IN 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Dramanoes on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

943663495_20220318-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.ff695be29d0137e4b74f9e750e47e12c.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed the stream! Thank you guys for all your feedback on the game, too! Definitely gonna consider adding some way to aid players in knowing what cards they have that's compatible with the 2-player modes.

And yeah, Hazel (the CPU player) was probably cheating. ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PixRuss said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the stream! Thank you guys for all your feedback on the game, too! Definitely gonna consider adding some way to aid players in knowing what cards they have that's compatible with the 2-player modes.

And yeah, Hazel (the CPU player) was probably cheating. ?

Thank you so much for watching! Looking forward to playing your game again when you update it. ?

Remember, the computer ALWAYS cheats! Hahah. ?

- James