IGNORED

Strange problems with screen resolutions on JzIntv w/RetroPie

IMBerzerk

I don't want to take this to the RetroPie team yet as I don't know what's causing it.  I thought maybe asking here first might help.

I'm running a Pi3b+ with the newest release of RetroPie 4.8.   I pulled down the newest release of JzIntv and set it up as always.  No issues getting it working, however..

Using the new SDL2 version pulled down via the RetroPie Setup script, the whole screen is the same color as whatever background the game is, no matter what I set my resolution to.  So loading up a game, the title screen will display as a 4:3 screen, but the whole monitor is filled with the green background.

I dropped back to the SDL1 version that I had saved before I loaded the SDL2 version and am using that with black boarders on top and bottom that I can't seem to get rid of.   The same version (SDL1) worked at 4:3 full screen no issues on the previous RetroPie version.

I'm really well versed with JzIntv and getting it working in the RetroPie environment... but I have no idea how to shake these boarders.  

Here's my runcommand... if anyone has any ideas, it would be great!  If not, I'll take it to the crew at RetroPie, but with stuff like this, it gets a little difficult to fix.  I can live with it, because it's at least 4:3 and looks good, it's just not full screen top-to-bottom like it was in the prevsious version of RetroPie.

THanks!

jzintv = "/opt/retropie/emulators/jzintv/bin/jzintv -v1 --gfx-palette=/opt/retropie/emulators/jzintv/tv_colors.txt --kbdhackfile=/opt/retropie/emulators/jzintv/hackfile.cfg -z1 -f1 -q %ROM%"

here's some screenshots to see what I am talking about.   I posted this on the RP Forum as I don't think this is a JzIntv problem.

Full-screen color

Black borders displayed top and bottom on 4:3 res

IMG_20220326_170327772.jpgIMG_20220326_163035016.jpg

Edited by IMBerzerk