IGNORED

Vortex AT-Once Plus PC-AT emulator for Atari ST reversed!

t0ri

Hi,

Finally, after long time and some detective work I completely reversed AT-once 80286 emulator by Vortex Technologie und Zukunft :)

BIG THANX to Marcin - brave Polish Atari user who peeled off the sticker on my request without fear. He made this project even started.

BIG THANX to for a collegue from Polish forum Atari Area - Atari-User, who made available his emulator to recreate the schema and find what chip was used as Gate Array.

In some time, the complete documentation of the project will appear on my website - FOR FREE - as always...

at-once_mega4.jpg

at_once_title.jpg

at-once_nc.jpg

• Like 9

I do not agree to the use of this project for commercial purposes. I will make the documentation available for free and I expect that no one will make money from it.

Simple rule. It's a matter of respect for Vortex and my contribution to the restoration of the device.

regards

tOri

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, t0ri said:

I do not agree to the use of this project for commercial purposes. I will make the documentation available for free and I expect that no one will make money from it.

Simple rule. It's a matter of respect for Vortex and my contribution to the restoration of the device.

regards

tOri

Sort of pointless restoration if nobody else can get hold of one, surely the it would be better to allow someone

to make the device or a kit so people can enjoy this.

I do not agree to the use of this project for commercial purposes.

This means that I do not agree to wage production. I don't see any problem with someone assembling a few pieces for fellow atarians from the forum without making money on it. I wrote it not very precisely. I hope it is more understandable now.

I will probably assemble a few for those willing from the Atari Area forum.

Regards

tOri

• Like 2

Hi,

All documentation is available on my site. Polish language only, therefore please use Google Translator to read.

-> eebuckeye - we are in touch. I'm waiting for a few PCBs from China :) but I can't do more.

Regards

t0ri

• Like 1

Just now, t0ri said:

Hi,

All documentation is available on my site. Polish language only, therefore please use Google Translator to read.

-> eebuckeye - we are in touch. I'm waiting for a few PCBs from China :) but I can't do more.

Regards

t0ri

atari.myftp.org

I would love one as well.  But there is a difference between paying for parts and assembly and 'I am making tons of money off someone else's design'. 

I am not sure how much Lotharek's mark up is, but it only seems fair to get paid for work that others are incapable of or don't have the time to do.  So yeah, it would be great to make a deal with someone to make them.

It would be great if some sort of arrangement could be made provided someone wanted to assemble kits for these.  Not sure the difference in someone assembling boards and being paid for their time doing so vs someone here cobbling together all the parts and then sending it off to someone else who knows how to do the work.  I have 0% chance of assembling one so if some sort of arrangement cant be made then all this work will be for naught IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...