IGNORED

jzIntv SDL2 build for Windows / XBox 360 and Retro-Bit USB controller issues

larryvgs

I posted this at the end of another thread, but I thought it deserved a bit more attention.

Thanks to intvnut, I was able to map the triggers for an XBox 360 and Xbox Series X/S controller in jzIntv by using the following...

Command line:  --js0a="xaxis=0,yaxis=1" --js0b="xaxis=3,yaxis=4" --js0c="xaxis=2,button"

kbdhackfile:

JS0C_E  PD0L_A_R
JS0C_W PD0L_A_L

(Maps the shoulder buttons to the lower left/right action buttons.)

Unfortunately, it only works in the jzIntv SDL1 build for Windows 32-bit.  In the jzIntv SDL2 build, it sees the XBox controllers as having 6 axes not 5, and it doesn't work.
Now I've found two other controllers with issues in the SDL2 build of jzIntv for Windows, but that work fine in the SDL1 build.

One is the Retro-Bit USB Genesis 6-button controller.  In jzIntv SDL2, it sees 5 axes instead of just 2.  As a result the D-pad does not work.

The same things happens with a NES-style USB controller I have from Retro-Bit (Retro 8 - gray with black buttons).

I also have Vision-dapter and both jzIntv SDL2 and jzIntv SDL1 recognize it just fine for Intellivision, Genesis and Atari controllers with a 9-pin connection.

(No issues using Vision-dapter with a Retro-Bit 9-pin Genesis 6-button controller.)

The same goes for the iCode adapter for using Atari 9-pin controllers over USB.  No problem with either jzIntv version.

Don't know how many people might have the Retro 8 USB NES controller from Retro-Bit, but I assume there might be a lot more who have the Retro-Bit USB Genesis 6-button controller.

So if you want to use this Retro-Bit USB Genesis 6-button controller in jzIntv, be sure to use the jzIntv SDL1 build.   And the same goes if you prefer an XBox 360 or XBox Series X/S controller and want to be able to map the triggers.