IGNORED

Power plug identification

Shift838

We went down this particular rabbit hole a few years ago. ISTR that the part number is on one of the console diagrams. What I can tell you, based on our last hunt, this was a plug style popular in the 1970s that didn't survive much beyond that. I don't think anyone still manufactures a compatible plug (although it is possible that someone does, or at least has some NOS stuff in storage). I'm pretty sure the connectors were manufactured by Belden, but Switchcraft and Volex also made connectors/sockets of this type.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shift838 said:

All,

I am sure this has been covered but I cannot find the answer.. 

what is the male power plug that’s on the TI that the AC adapter plugs into?  Manufacturer and part number?

The only markings are Tower, possibly http://www.pl-259.com/page4.html but I don't think they were in business in the 70s.

Schematically, designated T1 recpt (26.4 VAC @686ma DC, tapped @ 17.85 VAC @ 600ma DC) TI Part# 1501539-1 ... but that's the actual transformer and not what you asked.

T1 Tower Recpt.JPG

Recpt.png

• Like 2