IGNORED

New ATARI 2600 Game - Razor's Egde

Hello everybody.

Last Friday was the premiere of my new game "Razor's Edge" on the ZeroPage Homebrew channel.

The game is a Beat'em Up style where the player controls Sarah Stone, a reporter and expert fighter who decides to rescue her sister Vanessa who was kidnapped by the evil David Scarblade's gang.

Here is the story of the game.

The game logic was done in bB but I made a custom kernel in Assembly so I could have the graphical elements I wanted, thanks to the rich tutorials by Andrew Davie, Darrell Spice, Jr. (SpiceWare), numerous tips from here on the forum and all the material provided by Duane Hahn (RandomTerrain) on his website.

To create the game's soundtrack, I had the help of my friend Leandro Camara (Rally Racer and Zarkstars Saga) who majestically showed me the path to follow, allowing me to "compose" my own loops.

Luciano Clemente was the official beta tester and for the graphic material I had Cláudia Maria (who made the drawings for K-Jo Chases the Cheese)

For those who want to test the game, here is the small demo.

Use the joystick to move the character to all sides.

Button = Alternate punches
Button + Up = Jump Kick
Button + Down = Defense

RazorsDemo.bin

Play Razor's Edge on Javatari

The game is finished and anyone who wants to buy it contact: contact@redbuttongames.com.br

3d_front.thumb.png.b517be2ec3856a9257c2db6548f92cfb.png  Bruce.png.11a23321fa46c83561e9201c8acbfde7.png RazorsEdge.bas_dbg_add4e5c0.png.4edfebe944ebd0a1cbc6734f78c3f233.png 

IMG_20220404_172102125_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20220404_172639175.jpg

Edited by Leonardo Santiago
  • Like 16

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, Leonardo Santiago said:

Hello everybody.

Last Friday was the premiere of my new game "Razor's Edge" on the ZeroPage Homebrew channel.

The game is a Beat'em Up style where the player controls Sarah Stone, a reporter and expert fighter who decides to rescue her sister Vanessa who was kidnapped by the evil David Scarblade's gang.

The game logic was done in bB but I made a custom kernel in Assembly so I could have the graphical elements I wanted, thanks to the rich tutorials by Andrew Davie, Darrell Spice, Jr. (SpiceWare), numerous tips from here on the forum and all the material provided by Duane Hahn (RandomTerrain) on his website.

To create the game's soundtrack, I had the help of my friend Leandro Camara (Rally Racer and Zarkstars Saga) who majestically showed me the path to follow, allowing me to "compose" my own loops.

Luciano Clemente was the official beta tester and for the graphic material I had Cláudia Maria (who made the drawings for K-Jo Chases the Cheese)

Button + Up = Jump Kick
Button + Down = Defense

RazorsDemo.bin 16 kB · 348 downloads

The game is finished and anyone who wants to buy it contact: contact@redbuttongames.com.br

3d_front.thumb.png.b517be2ec3856a9257c2db6548f92cfb.png  Bruce.png.11a23321fa46c83561e9201c8acbfde7.png RazorsEdge.bas_dbg_add4e5c0.png.4edfebe944ebd0a1cbc6734f78c3f233.png 

Amazing!

Although, you realise the title said "Egde" instead of "Edge" right?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, Leonardo Santiago said:

Hello everybody.

Button + Up = Jump Kick
Button + Down = Defense

RazorsDemo.bin 16 kB · 386 downloads

This game looks freaking awesome!!!

Keep going, please. I wanted to make a game like this too but I couldn’t figure it out. Nice work!

(I hate to say it but the title of the thread says egde. I’m pretty sure it should say edge. Sorry, I had to point this out.)

ZeroPage Homebrew is attempting to do a full playthrough of the retail copy of Razor's Edge on tonight's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

• ZPH Interview with James and Tanya O'Brien by Giovanna
  • Bloxudoku (2022 WIP) by Ola Lisboa  @Lisboa2k6
  • Sweep Shot (2022 WIP) by Mike Losh @Sohl
  • Razor's Edge (2022 Retail | 2600 Full | Playthrough Attempt) by Red Button Games / Leonardo Santiago  @Leonardo Santiago (Design, Development, Graphics, Music, Sound Effects, Gameplay, Illustrations, Text, Final Art) / Claudia Maria (Illustrations)

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...