IGNORED

Where to find the game Black Out! for the Jaguar by StormWorks Interactive?

winsupermario

Sooo, my first post here ever. I've gotten into the unique world of Jaguar games. I don't currently have the money to get a Jaguar console, but I have an emulator and a ROM set. There's one homebrew game that is interesting and I would like to try it out, but I just can't seem to find it anywhere. I've seen posts on here saying that Stormworks, the group that made the Blackout game, released the ROM for it after selling out of a small run of cartridges and CDs. Their site is now long gone along with them, and none of it seems to be in the Wayback machine. Likewise, I can't seem to find the ROM anywhere for Black Out! at all. Does anyone happen to have the ROM for this game somewhere, or know where to get it? Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, winsupermario said:

Sooo, my first post here ever. I've gotten into the unique world of Jaguar games. I don't currently have the money to get a Jaguar console, but I have an emulator and a ROM set. There's one homebrew game that is interesting and I would like to try it out, but I just can't seem to find it anywhere. I've seen posts on here saying that Stormworks, the group that made the Blackout game, released the ROM for it after selling out of a small run of cartridges and CDs. Their site is now long gone along with them, and none of it seems to be in the Wayback machine. Likewise, I can't seem to find the ROM anywhere for Black Out! at all. Does anyone happen to have the ROM for this game somewhere, or know where to get it? Thanks in advance.

I actually have a ROM image of Black Out! Maybe in the future i'll post it here so everybody can play the game via the SD cart and emulator (it runs on Project Tempest, Virtual Jaguar IIRC, Phoenix, and BigPEmu).

Edited by KidGameR186496
Forgot to add another emulator that runs the game
  • Like 2

I also plan to post the soundtrack of Black Out! to YouTube in the future as well, as i have the MP3 files of the music that was passed on to me by TrekMD. That and i'll also pass it to Atarimania so they can host the OST on their website, since the original download link posted at another forum is long dead since it was first posted.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

I actually have a ROM image of Black Out! Maybe in the future i'll post it here so everybody can play the game via the SD cart and emulator (it runs on Project Tempest, Virtual Jaguar IIRC, Phoenix, and BigPEmu).

You might want to ask permission from the developers before sharing those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

You might want to ask permission from the developers before sharing those.

You know what, i never thought about it. I'll try talking to Shawn or Jeff about it. But if i can't get their permission about the .ROM, the least i could do is get permission to share the soundtrack. Even though they are no longer involved in the Jaguar scene, i don't want to be a dick towards them.

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, CyranoJ said:

You'd need to talk to CTrix then.

Good news! (P.S.: when cTrix is talking about a copyright right strike in one of the track, he's referring to the title screen [called Reach for the Stars] from a album called A for Amiga, although i've listened to both track and there are differences.)

Screenshot_2023-01-28-08-25-09-955_com.facebook.orca.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-28-08-25-17-307_com.facebook.orca.jpg