IGNORED

Why was Sonic 3 the only one with a Save?

Jasoco

Sonic 1: At the title screen, press Up, Down, Left, Right. You should hear a noise like a ring being collected. Then, hold A and press Start for a level select!

Sonic 2: From the Sound Select menu, play the following sounds in order: 19, 65, 09, 17. Then press the C button and then press Start to be brought back to the title screen. When you see Sonic and Tails appear on screen, hold down the A button and press Start for a level select.

Sonic & Knuckles: In Mushroom Hill Zone, while hanging off one of the pulling machines, press left three times, right three times, and up three times. You should hear the ring sound. Pause and press A to be taken to the title screen. Highlight either Sonic or knuckles as your character, and press start while holding A. The menu shows all levels in the game, but some are specific to a certain character, so you can't play those if you picked an incompatible character. Any time you want to exit and select a different level, just repeat the code from right after the pulling machine part.

S&K + Sonic 3: Start a game and go to Angel Island Zone Act 1. Go to one of the swings that you hang from and grab on. While Sonic is swinging, press Left, Left, Left, Right, Right, Right, Up, Up, Up. You will hear a ring if you entered the code correctly. Pause the game and press A to take you back to the title screen. Press Down twice to find the newly unlocked Sound Test menu. Enter it, where you can play all of the sounds/music in the game and warp to any level.

A level select may not be as good as save option, but it's the next best thing.

--Zero

Edit: Credit where credit is due... I stole the above descriptions from GameFAQs. I edited the Sonic 2 code description though.

That's the only reason I didn't buy Sonic Mega for the GC. I remember the absense of a SAVE fearture and there was just no way I would play it again without one.

For me, nothing more frustrating than getting 50% - 60% through the game only to have to shut down for some reason and then have to start all over again the next time I played.

Level selects are okay.... but they don't give you the score or all the lives you had earned from actually playing the game up to the level you are now selecting.

Just my opinion.

Mendon

Level selects are okay.... but they don't give you the score or all the lives you had earned from actually playing the game up to the level you are now selecting.

Most importantly in this case is that levels selects won't give you back the Chaos emeralds that you previously got. Getting the "good" endings in these games (without resorting to playing the first bonus level over and over) is damn hard because of this.

--Zero

That's the only reason I didn't buy Sonic Mega for the GC. I remember the absense of a SAVE fearture and there was just no way I would play it again without one.

For me' date=' nothing more frustrating than getting 50% - 60% through the game only to have to shut down for some reason and then have to start all over again the next time I played.

Just my opinion.

Mendon[/quote']I dare you to play the NES title Blaster Master.

That game's WAY too long to not have a save function.

sonic 1 and 2 can be completed in less than an hour. If youre not good at the game' date=' 2 hours tops

[/quote']

Are you sure about an hour for Sonic 1? I always remember it taking just slightly short of 2 games to complete the game from start to finish (assuming of course that I got all chaos emeralds).