IGNORED

Dragon 32

Trooper

I was recently offered to buy a Dragon 32 in box together with a couple of games for $10.

Now as always there's something rotten in Denmark. The Dragon doesn't work, the seller however thinks it's probably the adapter that's faulty. My question for all of you is if anyone knows if this is something I can replace easily? Or if any of you know of this kind of problems with the Dragon.

Cheers!

Troop

I have a couple of Dragon 32s (basically a Tandy CoCo compatible made in Wales).

I would imagine the mains adapter would be hard to come by, although one was recently sold on www.ebay.co.uk These adapters are unique to this machine (I think), which isn't the most collectable of old micros. Shame because I love mine and it's one of my favourite bits of kit.

I am assuming from your post that the Dragon is totally dead.

As far as I can tell it's totally dead yes. I'm quite a bit hesitant to buy it knowing that it's going to be a bitch trying to replace the PSU. Also one can't be sure that's really the problem, I mean the entire machine could be fried for all I know.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Troop