IGNORED

N64 rarity list?

landsmarra

Hey guys,

Can anyone point me to an N64 rarity list? I'm having trouble locating one on the 'net. If not, can anyone provide some feedback as to which carts are rarer than others? A video store in my neighborhood is selling out their ex-rentals and I'd like to know if he has any gems.

BTW, this is the same store I picked up a boxed Mega Man 7 for the SNES for $7.50 (and sold for $60)!

Thanks,

Steve

Hey guys' date='

Can anyone point me to an N64 rarity list? I'm having trouble locating one on the 'net. If not, can anyone provide some feedback as to which carts are rarer than others? A video store in my neighborhood is selling out their ex-rentals and I'd like to know if he has any gems.

BTW, this is the same store I picked up a boxed Mega Man 7 for the SNES for $7.50 (and sold for $60)!

Thanks,

Steve[/quote']

Honestly, your best bet other than Ebay watching would be to go to your local Gamestop and pick up one of those buying/selling price newspapers they usually have laying on the counter. The higher priced items tend to be the rarer or at least more in demand titles.

Since the N64 is a relatively new system, finding reliable rarity lists for it are next to impossible. A good rule of thumb for any of the newer systems is to go for the smaller 3rd party releases and avoid the sports games, although there are even exceptions to that rule.

A good rule of thumb for any of the newer systems is to go for the smaller 3rd party releases

Problem with this is that the vast majority of good/great N64 games are made by Nintendo themselves... there aren't a whole lot of fun 3rd party games.

Luckily for us poor buggers, rare games usually suck and fun games are often abundant.

--Zero