IGNORED

Awesome Possum Prototype/Beta Found & Dumped

DrBizz

Hi guys. First video and thread here in a series of recent prototype and beta carts I've found. This "masterpiece" of a platformer Awesome Possum (okay, a little sarcasm here). This is definitely a near complete build but checks out in a hex editor as being different than the retail ROM, so maybe we can have some fun and find the differences over time. I know the game isn't great but it has a charm and quirkiness to it that I like, for whatever the reason.

The ROM is available as a download as a link in the video description. All I ask is that you guys watch the video and subscribe to my channel if you like. I will post a few more Genesis games I believe are unique builds in the future. Feel free to share, make videos yourself, add it to ROM sets, etc. Use it for anything, just don't be a douche and try and make money off of it somehow, and give me a shout out if you feel so generous.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDevil'sCompass said:

Never played the game, but love seeing these prototypes. Thanks for sharing.

Sure thing. I actually hadn't played this game either before I came up on the prototype haha. I love platformers so even sub par ones like this I enjoy, but this game apparently has a pretty bad rap.

39 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I know where I could pick up a copy for a fair price, but every review I've seen about it points out some really aggravating and stupid design failures I know which would just either make me bored in places and infuriate in others so I've left it to rest at that place. :D

It's definitely an F, but I have this quirky part of me that enjoys hilariously bad games that are still playable. The commentary from Awesome during gameplay is pretty funny, one of my favorites is "ouch, my head!" when you jump into a ceiling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Awesome Possum is actually a lot of fun if you like to play super terrible/broken games just to see how bad they are for the comedy of it. This one is not the worst I have played, but it does not disappoint.

Haha, I agree. I've been trying to get as far as I can with this early build and when I game over I'm not even mad because of how much I've been laughing. The stuff he says cracks me up, and the music is really good. Sometimes a game can be broken but the experience of playing it has value and enjoyment.