IGNORED

Atari 2600 Lego Console

AtariK2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Chants to self.........I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit. I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit.  I don't need any more video game related shit. I don't need any more video game related shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's cute but I'd rather have the real thing.  I don't have any Legos but I did happen upon the revival of the Galaxy Explorer that went up for pre-order recently and couldn't help but buy it.  Those were the Legos I had and loved as a kid and so it will be fun to mess with and then put up on my shelf.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pumaconcolor said:

It's cute but I'd rather have the real thing.  I don't have any Legos but I did happen upon the revival of the Galaxy Explorer that went up for pre-order recently and couldn't help but buy it.  Those were the Legos I had and loved as a kid and so it will be fun to mess with and then put up on my shelf.

this is not for people that want to play games.

later

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I especially like the carts with little game scenes. Looks nice in the LEGO store display. Starting negotiations with Mrs. slx to get one. I doubt she'll fall for the "this makes more sense than me buying a real 4-switch VCS as I have so many consoles already and usually play VCS stuff on a 7800 anyway" tactic, so still working on the exact approach. Usually well informed kid tells me it has been dissed by YouTubers as too expensive but other say it has the usual price/pieces ratio.

I was watching youtube last night,  from a browser that was never logged in, so YT shouldn't know who I was.     And I kept getting ads for the Lego 2600.    I wasn't watching Atari or lego  related content either.   Is it being widely advertised like that?     I haven't seen them from a logged-in account

4 hours ago, zzip said:

I was watching youtube last night,  from a browser that was never logged in, so YT shouldn't know who I was.     And I kept getting ads for the Lego 2600.    I wasn't watching Atari or lego  related content either.   Is it being widely advertised like that?     I haven't seen them from a logged-in account

Yes.  EVERYWHERE.  The degree of promotion is frankly shocking, never seen anything like this from TLG.