IGNORED

I....I have a problem. A woodgrain problem.

LIME LYSTA

1 hour ago, LIME LYSTA said:

I needed more woodgrain.

Real wood. Pics on Monday when its done :). As close to perfect match to my Zenith.

Its gonna need a brushed stainless steel name plate or some chrome accents to really bring it together. :thumbsup:

atv.thumb.jpg.ade2a8b9b809b7b56cae6aab736ac872.jpg

So, what was the "space command" deal?

I saw a couple pics of these and see the space helmet vibe.

I think this is the era when the American companies had to up their game to compete with the Japanese tvs.

Even mid tier stuff like Toshiba was making Black stripe (I have my grandparents old bedroom tv), was a lot of bang for the buck.

I don't know if your tv has it (it looks like it does), once the digital tuners were introduced, the RF on the late 80's / early 90's are REALLY good.

My 1991 Magnavox has such good rf, a person would be had pressed to tell the difference from composite.

5 hours ago, H454 said:

So, what was the "space command" deal?

I saw a couple pics of these and see the space helmet vibe.

I think this is the era when the American companies had to up their game to compete with the Japanese tvs.

Even mid tier stuff like Toshiba was making Black stripe (I have my grandparents old bedroom tv), was a lot of bang for the buck.

I don't know if your tv has it (it looks like it does), once the digital tuners were introduced, the RF on the late 80's / early 90's are REALLY good.

My 1991 Magnavox has such good rf, a person would be had pressed to tell the difference from composite.

Yeah, noticed that. My rf signal has no noise and is clear as a bell. Its hoe i play my neo geo, there. You'd never be able to tell the difference. 

Yeah, I think the naming convention was just something out of the marketing hat. I love the look of the set, from the grain to the digital channel readout to to grey screen surround. But I know this era was Zeniths final last hurrah. Even during this era of my TV production had already shifted from Illinois to Mexico. After that they stopped making their own hardware all together and started to selling rebadged japanese hardware, which was sad. But they just couldn't compete price wise. 

Mid 2000s, the dying breath of the brand, I remember my dad had a zenith set that was an exact clone of what was clearly an rca. They didn't even try to hide it at the end. 

Edited by LIME LYSTA

6 hours ago, LIME LYSTA said:

Mid 2000s, the dying breath of the brand, I remember my dad had a zenith set that was an exact clone of what was clearly an rca. They didn't even try to hide it at the end. 

Yea, the rebranding of cheap crap with well known names of dead companies. Late 90's seemed like the start of "zombie" branding.

My parents last CRT was a "Curtess Mathews" from K-mart. What a piece of crap.

Had to explain all this to my dad.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. I got the vibe you made these or where having these made.

I'm looking at the options. Did you get the bottom or the "X-Box logo"?

I can't tell from the pics on the website what the X-Box logo looks like.

Edit: which grain / color did you get?

19 hours ago, H454 said:

Oh. I got the vibe you made these or where having these made.

I'm looking at the options. Did you get the bottom or the "X-Box logo"?

I can't tell from the pics on the website what the X-Box logo looks like.

Edit: which grain / color did you get?

According to my order I got rosewood. I think its second from thr right on the xbox order page. The xbox logo is a sliver of wood in the shape of an X that sticks on the X of the xbox console power button. I didnt want that. The bottom panel is only if you want this laying on its side and want the bottom covered in wood. I also did not get this. Just the basic kit. 

Edited by LIME LYSTA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...