IGNORED

How has your collecting gone this week?

ATARIPITBULL

The pickings have been rather hit and miss for me. I did find a few exceptional items though...

- An atari 7800 w/ 10 7800 carts and another 12 2600 carts. (all are pretty common games) Now if the 2600 that was in the collection worked correctly, it would have been worth the money. -$60

- An Intellivision 2 with 7 games; the games look complete and have manuals and overlays. Now, if I can get Dreadnaught factor to WORK correctly is another story. -$15

- A small batch of NES games, but I did get Dr. Mario, Tetris 2, and Mag-Max. There was also a copy of tetris with a boot-print through it... -$5

- A Genesis 2 with 8 games, Among them were a couple of manuals I needed (sonic & Knuckles) Contra Hard Corps, and Shadowrun. Of course there were sports games... -$20

Hex.

[ Not good at a lot of things, but I'm a pretty good scavenger. ]

Man, you guys are starting to piss me off!

Are you actually just FINDING these things around at places near where you live?

I have not found ANYTHING... ANYTHING in Atlanta. I've gone to many thrift stores that never have a SINGLE video game cartridge... for ANY console. I've only found one video game store that sells used 2600 and NES cartridges, and they want SIX DOLLARS for a single 2600 cartridge... most of which are missing a label or, if they do have labels, are completely faded from having sat in direct sunlight every day for the past 5 years.

Granted... I did manage to score a few good NES games at that last place. But for 2600 games, Atlanta SUCKS! (I haven't been to any of the flea markets in the outer suburbs... maybe that's my only option.)

Thank goodness for eBay....

So does it still count as "this week"? :ponder:

I swear this has never happened before and probably will never happen again, but I overheard an elderly guy talking to the guys at GameStop here in north Austin yesterday about how he had some Atari cartridges for them to look at in the trunk of his car! I handed over my wallet to my fiancee to finish out the purchase (we were picking up a used DVD movie) and ran outside to see 4 guys huddled around this guy's Cadillac. He had 5 consoles, including a Vader and a Sears and a big tub of cartridges and controllers. I picked up:

Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator (Sega) 004-01

Math Gran Prix (Atari) CX2658

Flash Gordon (20th Century Fox)

Boxing (Activision) AG-002

Riddle of the Sphinx (Imagic)

Swordquest: FireWorld (Atari) CX2657

Armor Ambush (Mattel)

Congo Bongo (Sega) 006-01

The Earth Dies Screaming (20th Century Fox)

Bustout (for the Tandy Color Computer)

Triple Action (for the Intellivision)

for $25. I didn't have my checkbook with me, but my fiancee let me borrow some cash (note to self - be prepared in case there ever is a next time). Still trying to decide if the Vader and Sears units are worth $25 each...but I have his phone number.

Don't know if any of the Atari carts are that rare yet (haven't had a chance to look them up here yet), but a couple of these have been entertaining, and half I hadn't ever seen before.

I just know my luck has run out for the year, though - something bad is going to happen...

i got about 15 2600 games with a case and they were dead mint, bad thing is they were all common copies that i already have. i will defenetly replace them in my collection though. a dollar each was not bad. the case was free.

last sunday i got about twenty games also at a goodwill for a quarter each.

at a differentthrift store i got infiltrater boxed, video chess boxed, and about 4 or five loose carts for 5 bucks great turnout that day.