IGNORED

Sega Mega Drive and Master System RGB cable questions

Dennis90

I seen this diagram of how to wire a SCART cable for Mega Drive 1/Master System, and I guess this is like the "proper" way to make one? But I have a SCART cable that I use for my Sega Mega Drive and I opened up the SCART connector and it did only have the 180ohm resistor it seemd and no other resistors and no capacitors at all, so just wondering, is it a good idea to solder some in? I already got the parts to do that so. But the cable works without them tho, so what is the difference? What are the resistors and capacitors really needed for? Is it bad to use the console without them?

I also have a Sega Master System 2 that I RGB modded, and I need a cable for that also so I don't have to swap cables between Mega Drive and Master system, so I thought about making my own since I have some old SCART connector and stuff laying around, and the cable I'm gonna use is shielded, should ground and the shielding be connected? Or should shielding be separate?

megamstr.png