IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Repair: Need specs for RGB port inductors

pokemontrainer

I am currently repairing a Jaguar: recap is complete (cap kit from console5) and I finally get an image & sound. The image is green only and by looking at the inductors on the port it is clear why: L15 is missing and L14 is damaged (see picture).

The schematics just labels these as 'FB', which I guess stands for ferrite bead. No info regarding inductance, max current, resistance etc. I guess it is 0805 size and of low resistance (since a proper 75ohm resistor is in line), but even with this there are so many different types and values available e.g. on Mouser.

I do not have the equipment to desolder and measure one of the other inductors. Does anyone know the specs or ideally even can link to the correct component (Mouser, digikey) ? Would love to bring this Jag back into action. Just because Cybermorph's 'where did you learn to fly' head is green does not mean all Jag stuff should be green only.

20220508_235257.thumb.jpg.f6d332470826d9a49c7580cddcec239d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 8:40 PM, Zerosquare said:

The original part number is Murata BLM31A02. It appears not to be manufactured any more, but Würth Elektronik 742792151 appears to be a pretty close equivalent:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/würth-elektronik/742792151/4310405

It worked! Had to do quite some cleaning and repairs besides replacing the inductors (rusted screws, oxidized traces and power connector, traces with scratches, sealing with kapton tape etc.) but now it works! Not the nicest SMD job on the inductors, I am still learning.

I also added a 50/60Hz switch for the correct experience without slowdown.

20220526_135020.jpg

20220528_162723.jpg

• Like 5