IGNORED

Model M or Model K?

42bs

Ok, long time I thought:

Model M => PAL, 50Hz, green LED.

Model K => NTSC, 60Hz, red LED.

But, why M or K? Because of the serial number? Could not be. I have three Model K, one NTSC (GPU V1.0, DSP V1.0) and two PAL. But still all with ADC.

M jaguar was made by JVC

K jaguar was made by IBM

Jaguar Serial Number definition

M model are rarest.

Both have different varient of mounting : NTSC, PAL, red or green led, RF or not, and with or without RF switch.

Only early jaguar have the ADC on joypad port.

Globally green led is for european jaguar, and red for the rest of the world and so red led = NTSC and green = PAL.

Edited by SCPCD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SCPCD said:

M model are rarest.

Nice! Just ran into the junk room where I'm piling up the game stuff I'm pulling out of the barn and two of the Jaguars are "M models." I don't know where the third is.

1004817538_2jags.thumb.jpg.07e991b60136a564f293ec88841df605.jpg

Edited by Jag64
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jag64 said:

Nice! Just ran into the junk room where I'm piling up the game stuff I'm pulling out of the barn and two of the Jaguars are "M models." I don't know where the third is.

1004817538_2jags.thumb.jpg.07e991b60136a564f293ec88841df605.jpg

I'll take that refuse off your hands *and* pay you 1 dollar per pound.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gummy Bear said:

Am I the only person here that has only ever had 1 Jag at a time? 

This (below) was my first one. It was heavily "mistreated" to hack it. See the Lynx connector? We used it to test the BJL ROM with an Lynx SRAM-card ?

It was a direct import (via friend traveling to the US) and later I needed a PAL one. And only just lately I bought the third one (as I thought the below one is dead, but it is not ?). So I do collect for good reason (but I guess that is true for any collector, I mean the _good_ reason).

jaguar_93.thumb.jpg.4f3712fbc9a2b1d4daa87361aba1ec21.jpg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, JagChris said:

Hurry up and sell those pieces of shit so you can be free of this place.

I want to, but then I find out the ones I have are "rarer." I'm looking forward to getting them out of my hair, but no matter if I need the money or not, everyone likes to feel like they've made a good deal, right? Until then, I promise using the Mute button to ignore me isn't as hard as coding. So even you might be able to figure it out. ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vrocko said:

No you're not. I've only got one Jag. 

I mean, they only manufactured so many. *That's another reason I'm surprised to see people cracking open working Jaguars on here to mod. Every modded Jag makes the few existing ones that much more valuable. But that's one reason I need to sell mine. I don't want to be like these hording jack*sses. These systems should be played and owned by people that enjoy them. Instead, most are kept in closets, brought out for photos so old collectors can get a chub showing off like grandpas used to do with their classic cars they bought restored already. But I digress.

You're definitely not alone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jag64 said:

I mean, they only manufactured so many. *That's another reason I'm surprised to see people cracking open working Jaguars on here to mod. Every modded Jag makes the few existing ones that much more valuable. But that's one reason I need to sell mine. I don't want to be like these hording jack*sses. These systems should be played and owned by people that enjoy them. Instead, most are kept in closets, brought out for photos so old collectors can get a chub showing off like grandpas used to do with their classic cars they bought restored already. But I digress.

You're definitely not alone.

Yes the Jag is a limited edition console, didn't they only make 250,000 total or maybe that's what was sold not made. I'm not modding mine, too afraid to permanently ruin it thus being one less Jag in existence. I still play it and enjoy the games I have. I may have to get the A/V video cables to make it easier to hook up to my TV. Don't know how you could afford another Jag in the market today, but I suppose there are those getting the spares kind of how I have extra Dreamcasts, Genesis and Game Gear systems. From friends, family, Thrift stores, junk shops, garage sales, flea markets, etc. You'd be surprised at the stuff you find at garage sales and flea markets.  

1 hour ago, vrocko said:

I'm not modding mine,

?  I hacked mine end of December 93 with a good chance to break it. And if, I would have had to wait until September to get a new one.

But seriously, that's why I have three of them. I can hack one and still have some backup.

10 hours ago, Jag64 said:

I want to, but then I find out the ones I have are "rarer." I'm looking forward to getting them out of my hair, but no matter if I need the money or not, everyone likes to feel like they've made a good deal, right? Until then, I promise using the Mute button to ignore me isn't as hard as coding. So even you might be able to figure it out. ?

I wouldn't wait. Looks like the bottom is about to drop out of the whole market.

I only have two consumer Jags at this point, a K and a M. At one time I had 30+ Jaguars all new in the box... would have hung on to one or two spares if I would have realized how hard they would be to get later!

I also have 2-3 developer Jaguar units with Stubulator boot ROM, so they would work for playing games in a pinch.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Songbird said:

I only have two consumer Jags at this point, a K and a M. At one time I had 30+ Jaguars all new in the box... would have hung on to one or two spares if I would have realized how hard they would be to get later!

I also have 2-3 developer Jaguar units with Stubulator boot ROM, so they would work for playing games in a pinch.

Good grief! 30+? Well did you at least sell them or give them to others so they can enjoy them like the rest of us? Wow I just couldn't imagine having that many but you are the Songbird founder so you probably had access to many and may have used them for development, modding, testing, etc.