IGNORED

New Game: Dungeoneer

OK tried 1.3 - it is resetting now - quite possibly it still was earlier, but maybe I was confused because the Crowns up top don't reset/disappear when it happens. (also the crowns don't display past 3 of them)

Something I might suggest, if you (and the rest of the community as well) are interested - would be maybe making a level editor to increase life of the game. Then if anyone is wanting to, they can create new levels for the game to use. I'll be honest, 6 levels was kinda short once you knew your way through, and simply increasing the speed of the spider didn't really make it much harder. So once you've got those 6 levels down, replayability value is kinda low. 

Edited by TheRaven81

Thank you for the feedback.  I didn't realize the crowns don't reset, I'll definitely fix that, should be easy.  Regarding the level editor, that's a bit of more than I'm looking to add to the game.  This game was really just me trying to learn how to code in 6502 asm for the Atari 8bit.  I may very well build some actually full featured games in the near future, but as for right now I don't really have the time.  Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, godlikemouse said:

This game was really just me trying to learn how to code in 6502 asm for the Atari 8bit.

I've actually been trying to learn this too, I'd be interested in what you used for resources to help you. If you were able to produce something like this just as a learning project, you did an amazing job. I wish you the best with your future projects!

Thank you very much, I'll be happy to share that info with you.  In the meantime, I've updated the game to fix the crowns not resetting.

https://github.com/godlikemouse/atari-1200xl-asm/releases/tag/v1.4

A friend of mine has a great tutorial to help you get started.  You'll see where the game was heavily influenced from :)

I would suggest going through all of the videos he currently has to help you get started.  You'll also want to install the MADS assembler and feel free to ping me or him for any questions you might run into code wise.  Hopefully, one of us will be able to help.

Here's a link to the mads assembler docs as well as the atari memory map docs.

Assembler Docs

https://mads.atari8.info/mads_eng.html

Atari Memory Map

https://www.atariarchives.org/mapping/memorymap.php

• Like 2