IGNORED

Atari Sports?

phuzaxeman

I've bought every recharged game and a handful of other games from the store.  It would be great to see a Recharged sports game like the classic XO football or even Night Driver. 

What Atari Sports titles would you be interested? 

Edited by phuzaxeman
  • Like 1

That is an interesting idea. A recharged Night Driver would be fun. Seems like that game has never been re-released or upgraded. 

I'm not a huge sports game guy, but when I was a kid I LOVED the Atari 2600 basketball. So that would be my pick. 

Also, a bit random, but earlier today retr0Rob on youtube was streaming the 3D Centipede that was released for the Playstation. I'd like to see that and the Frogger 3d game on the Atari VCS. 

Edited by the4thman
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, RollOut said:

One more vote for bowling. Also, mini golf could be a lot of fun.

Now if Activision was allowed, that's where the good stuff is. Ice hockey and fishing derby are two personal favorites.

Fishing Derby is a stone cold classic. I'm still holding out hope for some kind of Activision Collection to launch on the VCS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Throwing my two cents into this discussion, I would vote for the following sports titles for the Recharged line.  I would say:

- Bowling

- Basketball

- Pole Position

- Super Sprint

- Cyberball

- Pong

Definitely looking forward to seeing what else Atari has in store game wise as they seem to be on a bit of a role.

2 hours ago, Machine said:

Not sure as my laptop with all my patch files just died last week. Hoping to get it recovered as it has a ton of my work on it.

R-Studio, totally worth it.

5 hours ago, Machine said:

Bring back "Atari RealSports"!

These are decals/stickers I just made, patches coming soon!

20220627_123628.thumb.jpg.e921b9685ae296ccca4d941f26ce1c0a.jpg

This is what I was thinking!  Get some of the 5200/7800 versions with a built in switch from the 'Recharged' back to the original versions.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

Wade, if you're reading this, bring back a sports game.  Even a Pole Position Recharged would be amazing. 

Totally agree. The system is crying out for a killer racing game. Ideally something a shade below the hyper realism and near unplayability of the F1 series, but a shade more grounded and real than MarioKart or the glitchy "Rally Racers". Pole Position and Continental Circuit on AntStream are great fodder for such a game. For me, I imagine an updated "Super Monaco GP" type game that is highly customizable but not so bent on being authentic that it sacrifices playability. If it could come from an Atari IP, all the better. 

5 hours ago, Atarick said:

Totally agree. The system is crying out for a killer racing game. Ideally something a shade below the hyper realism and near unplayability of the F1 series, but a shade more grounded and real than MarioKart or the glitchy "Rally Racers". Pole Position and Continental Circuit on AntStream are great fodder for such a game. For me, I imagine an updated "Super Monaco GP" type game that is highly customizable but not so bent on being authentic that it sacrifices playability. If it could come from an Atari IP, all the better. 

Ha, the fixed Checkered Flag from the Jaguar would be great.  Is World Tour Racing an Atari property?

I don't know if I would want a recharged version of Pole Position, but if they could do an updated version of it that looked really great, but had similar gameplay to the original, I would play the hell out of it.

To whomever has the rights to Epyx stuff, Pitstop for the VCS would be a great reboot.