IGNORED

Has this ever happened to anybody?

JerseyDevil

A friend of mine found a Dracula X Super Nintendo cart at Gamestop. When he put it in to play, it was Super Mario World. Apparently someone opened the game and switched the boards. I assume the reason is to sell the game as Dracula X but keep the actual game to play, inside of a SMW case. Gamestop took it back with no problem, but thats a shitty thing to do. Has this ever happened to anybody else?

Yep. When I worked at EB many years ago I once got a Zombies Ate My Neighbors game in a Primal Rage cart case. Or was it the other way around?

Oh yeah, I also once got a Sears Haunted House cart ... that had a Basic Math board in it. :?

Not exactly that, but when I was the manager of a game store some years back, some idiot bought a copy of Brandish for the SNES, and it's quite a rare game. Well, he obviously didn't like it, so instead of returning it and getting another game (which I would have been more than happy to let him do), he popped it open and cut some of the little electronic doomabobs apart. When he brought it back, I could hear them rattling around, and of course, he said it didn't work (which was bullshit since I let him test it before he left), so I open it up, and see the stuff cut apart, AND there's water inside the thing. He wanted another game, but I got pissed and told him to get out and never come back. Another time, a guy bought an old-style Gameboy. He brought it back with a SMASHED LCD screen, and said all he did was touch it and it broke and he wanted a refund. I kicked his monkey ass out, too. Stupid idiots.

Not exactly that' date=' but when I was the manager of a game store some years back, some idiot bought a copy of Brandish for the SNES, and it's quite a rare game. Well, he obviously didn't like it, so instead of returning it and getting another game (which I would have been more than happy to let him do), he popped it open and cut some of the little electronic doomabobs apart. When he brought it back, I could hear them rattling around, and of course, he said it didn't work (which was bullshit since I let him test it before he left), so I open it up, and see the stuff cut apart, AND there's water inside the thing. He wanted another game, but I got pissed and told him to get out and never come back. Another time, a guy bought an old-style Gameboy. He brought it back with a SMASHED LCD screen, and said all he did was touch it and it broke and he wanted a refund. I kicked his monkey ass out, too. Stupid idiots.[/quote']

i envy you, a lot of times, stores will bend over backwards to make people happy, even if the customers are in the wrong

i bought a WWF game for game boy color for 3 dollars, but it turned out to be judge dredd. but for the price, it wasnt that much of a loss.

Here's a really odd one that never was explained to my satisfaction: I bought a "Breath of Fire" for Gameboy Advance from a seller in Britain, paid for overseas shipping for a CIB game and the whole nine, and when it arrived not only had the box been smashed in shipping (or maybe by the seller who never mentioned it) but the game on the cart was Creatures even THOUGH it had the Breath of Fire label on it. I don't honestly know how you could swap the chip out in something as small as a GBA game though, nor how the seller could have NOT realized it wasn't Breath of Fire before he sent it (he claimed not to have tested it, but in the end gave me a full refund on the item + shipping, so I dropped it).

I've also heard of this happening a lot on semi-rare SNES games like Chrono Trigger and Ogre Battle, where people rented the game and swapped in a Super Mario World or something else common. One guy in Michigan got caught doing this at a rental store and was hit with a very big fine and ordered to pay the cost to replace each one, but that's the only time I ever saw somebody get directly caught. I'm sure most stores didn't/don't test their rental returns when they come back so unless someone rents it and complains you'll never know, and if they do the perpetrator might be long gone anyway.

I bought a copy of Captain Silver for the Master System, and it turns out the game inside is American Baseball. Neither game is rare, so there's no real money concern... except I hate baseball, and I'd much rather have had Captain Silver.

--Zero

For some reason, this happens to me a lot with genesis games (a lot being more than 3-4 times)

Can't really remember it happening with any other system though.

Because Nintendo uses non-standard screws.

I bought a copy of Captain Silver for the Master System, and it turns out the game inside is American Baseball. Neither game is rare, so there's no real money concern... except I hate baseball, and I'd much rather have had Captain Silver.

--Zero

I have a Hang-On/Safari Hunt with Football in it.

Which would bug me if I didn't have Hang-On/AstroWarrior, or if I had a light gun.