IGNORED

Improving TI BASIC performance

9 hours ago, speccery said:

I just wrote an update about my TI-GROMmy project. It supports the GROM writability as required by the MMXB.OBJ described in the first message of this thread.

By the way, if anyone has other similar pieces of code (modifying system GROMs) I would be very interested in testing that with TI-GROMmy.

I put out a package of EA Cart TI Basic Assembly support built into GROM 2 and 3.

I uploaded it to Atari Age but can not find it?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RXB said:

I put out a package of EA Cart TI Basic Assembly support built into GROM 2 and 3.

I uploaded it to Atari Age but can not find it?

Thanks  - a quick question. the GROMmy handles GROMs 0,1 and 2, i.e. the system GROMs. Does your EA Cart require the additional GROM 3 as well? I may be able to hack something together to allow for that, but it would collide with cartridges inserted into the cartridge port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speccery said:

Thanks  - a quick question. the GROMmy handles GROMs 0,1 and 2, i.e. the system GROMs. Does your EA Cart require the additional GROM 3 as well? I may be able to hack something together to allow for that, but it would collide with cartridges inserted into the cartridge port.

It was not a EA CART, it was TI Basic Support for TI Basic like CALL CHARPAT or CALL LINK or CALL PEEK or CALL LOAD built into TI Basic.

A couple people still use it as it works without a Cartridge loaded to work.

The GPL code takes up the 2K empty space not being used in TI Basic 6K GROM so of course only works with 8K GROMS. 

You can use it in Classic99 or MESS or GRAMKRACKER or any device that allows for 8K GROMs 0, 1 and 2.

SOB does the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1