IGNORED

Trouble with 1050 and switching regulators

tep392

Maybe I should use SmartDos6.1 ... It has built in speed test and track test that work? ...

I have checked 3 of my disks and found the speed is off some...The 810 was at 293, the 1050 has at 286, the Rana was at 293... Also the xf551 was right on 300.

This was using smart dos..I tried in single and double den. and get the same readings...

Hope it some where correct!!!

I don't have a strobe and some of the drive mech. do not have strobe markings...fluorescent lights will work at 60 cycles but not that great, if it has strobe markings...

Peter

I've used a hand held fluorescent work light with a strobe disk on my record player. It works well as long as their isn't any other ambient light sources. There are also phone apps that can strobe your phones flash at 60 hz.

OK one last quick question...

If you format a disk s/d on one disk drive should it not work on the others...I have a stock 1050 and if I format the disk maybe write dos to it shouldn't it boot on one/all  of the 1050/810 with a double/happy in it??

I do not know what "extra" mods I have in the 1050/810 but maybe their is a software pkg. that will tell??

Peter

54 minutes ago, Peter Rabitt said:

I have a stock 1050 and if I format the disk maybe write dos to it shouldn't it boot on one/all  of the 1050/810 with a double/happy in it??

Not necessarily. If you format that disk with 1050 “Enhanced” Density, it cannot be read by anything other than another 1050. An 810 with a Happy mod/US Doubler/etc can’t read it. 

Yes I understand the density difference but if I lets say a single density disk and maybe had dos on it to boot. Would not all the drives work???

no matter what mod's they have or none! I think I read about happy drives not reading Doubler drives or something like that...

Peter