IGNORED

Mouse Driven TicTacToe (free rom beta)

Here is version 7 of my Mouse exclusive rom.

Roller Controller, Mouse, Spinners.

This version I have not tested on a real machine yet.

It works under Cool CV must use shift F5 on my copy to engage the RC.

The Mouse tracks well, there is always room for improvement.

This is still buggy and in development.  I just wanted to gauge your interest.

There is no picking players, you have to play as two or by yourself as the CPU has not been engaged yet.

Tie has to be fixed.

Blue O's have to be able to win

Red will win and the game will freeze with a red X 3 in a row.

In order to play use the mouse pointer to the spot you pick and press fire, Blue O goes first.

Unless you specifically set up CoolCV to input from the mouse then you have to press the space bar or M key for the fire button.

I was honestly surprised that CoolCV doesn't default to the mouse buttons yet it will engage the mouse as a roller controller.

I would really like to complete this game because it is a ton of experience learning how the spinners work.

No sound, lots of bugs but interesting to try and, unless someone tells me different, I claim this is the first Mouse driven Tic Tac Toe for the Colecovision.

At least used in the manner of a real mouse and not the track ball.

Please let me know your thoughts, good or bad.

I tell me kids every time I cook.  If it's crap then tell me, otherwise I will be serving you crap all the time with no improvement.  It's not about ego.

Mouse-Tictactoe v7.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos

4 hours ago, chart45 said:

if you have the mouse adapter it wont work cause the adapter take mouse data and convert it to direction input for the cv not quadrature.. 

That's because it is using trackball data.
The standard controllers aren't even accessed outside of the fire buttons.

For now the whole experiment is designed around a mouse experience on real equipment.

CoolCV or real equipment with a trackball.

Heck, I can't even get the current COLEM to emulate the Roller Controller.

I am getting the feeling this is why nothing has been developed for the Colecovision in the past 30 years outside of every day games that use one controller.

I would like to tackle Crystal Castles, maybe Bowling or even Paddle and driving games but right now I feel I am out to sea, alone and no one has a life preserver.

for tank mission I programmed full use of the driving module. You can play with a standard, superaction or the driving module.

Burn rubber also use the driving module. There are several that use trackball. 

It's a numbers game. if only 100 people will buy any game released. The subsection of that 100 that might have a working trackball or driving module is much lower like maybe 20%?

So it's good as an optional control but not the primary.

4 hours ago, digress said:

for tank mission I programmed full use of the driving module. You can play with a standard, superaction or the driving module.

Burn rubber also use the driving module. There are several that use trackball. 

It's a numbers game. if only 100 people will buy any game released. The subsection of that 100 that might have a working trackball or driving module is much lower like maybe 20%?

So it's good as an optional control but not the primary.

Did you use the C library or Assembly Language.
Unless I create a polished game like Crystal Castles I have no plans on selling anything and really want the knowledge to improve my skills.

I don't think I am good enough to sell anything yet anyway.
I invested in an ADAM, an ADE, some controllers and Tony's book which I thought would be all I need but that is obviously not the case.
So, the more code I can study and feedback I can get the better I will hone my skills.

Edited by Captain Cozmos