IGNORED

XEP80-2 - Cased

So The case from TBA really helps keep the XEP80-2 a lot safer than just sliding around.

Here are some photos of encaseing it. Only issue is that i had to remove some plastic from the Joytick cable so it would connect in the XEP port. Really nice that there is a mounting point for the USB power input for the HDMI upconverter.

A6EA3017-3975-4001-A57E-BD5050A36DB7_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.805a35f8edeac8094dbd89a5bb909b2e.jpeg

645D0E79-0FF9-480C-A99C-86AB321FBE35.jpeg

9C1AEA9F-CA7B-4E09-BEF6-BECD1D760C68.jpeg

19D83657-9E2F-4C08-B2AA-E5F38782BBCF.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, massiverobot said:

So The case from TBA really helps keep the XEP80-2 a lot safer than just sliding around.

Here are some photos of encaseing it. Only issue is that i had to remove some plastic from the Joytick cable so it would connect in the XEP port. Really nice that there is a mounting point for the USB power input for the HDMI upconverter.

A6EA3017-3975-4001-A57E-BD5050A36DB7_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.805a35f8edeac8094dbd89a5bb909b2e.jpeg

645D0E79-0FF9-480C-A99C-86AB321FBE35.jpeg

9C1AEA9F-CA7B-4E09-BEF6-BECD1D760C68.jpeg

19D83657-9E2F-4C08-B2AA-E5F38782BBCF.jpeg

love the round head and flat screw combo.  Whatever is in the scrounge box.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, massiverobot said:

Looks nice ?

BTW since people focused on the dissimilar screws holding the micro-USB jack, if you want to change that I've found that my local hardware store usually has something that'll work for less than a $1 out the door. Or at least that is the case in my town, where they have a section with special bins containing a variety of machine screws, nuts, and washers going down as small as 2-56 or 3mm. Most Home Depots and ACE hardware stores have these.

1 hour ago, mytek said:

Looks nice ?

BTW since people focused on the dissimilar screws holding the micro-USB jack, if you want to change that I've found that my local hardware store usually has something that'll work for less than a $1 out the door. Or at least that is the case in my town, where they have a section with special bins containing a variety of machine screws, nuts, and washers going down as small as 2-56 or 3mm. Most Home Depots and ACE hardware stores have these.

But I have like 8 jelly jars already full of screws! The problem is finding two of the same kind, as we saw. lol

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

love the round head and flat screw combo.  Whatever is in the scrounge box.  

I'm not sure if any of my vintage computers and consoles still have all original or even matching screws in them anymore! They have all been taken apart for repairs, mods or upgrades over the years, multiple time in most cases (pun intended) and it seems a 50/50 chance all the screws are there when the time comes to re-assembly. :rolling:

And of course the times when I end up with an "extra" screw or two!:o

And it only took about 3 decades of tinkering before I finally got smart and just recently purchase a magnetic screw tray:

IMG_20220625_050026187.thumb.jpg.00bfb9efb9e7c772bd14a56b77aea945.jpg

Bolts and washers are from a new tool chest I purchased and haven't finished assembling yet.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, reifsnyderb said:

I understand.  But, please, for the sake of us with serious OCD, find some matching screws.

My OCD is not the visual kind, it's a doing thing, I feel compelled to do something 4 times, just trivial things at odd times like locking a door 4 times, next time I lock the door once..Weird stuff.

17 hours ago, massiverobot said:

But I have like 8 jelly jars already full of screws! The problem is finding two of the same kind, as we saw. lol

Send them off to one of these OCD individuals complaining about the screws not matching and they'll get them sorted for you or go insane staring at unorganized "mixed nuts" bottles of screws. They will be compelled...?

I'm a bit OCD and ADD, but as long as it's out of site I'm o.k. that's why I keep my mixed screws and other mixed components in opaque containers. You can take it to the bank that I keep those containers sorted and parallel and evenly spaced/stacked though! ?But I'd have to find matching screws, unless they are hidden like on the bottom of a case.?

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 3

Just now, TGB1718 said:

Yes, but you'd still know they were there ?

I put it out of my mind over time and forget, until the next time I disassemble. I "rough" it through...