IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Who's this guy?  Sudesh's brother in Dubai?  

image.thumb.png.f97123f08935bf48e074849f29797e1a.png

I think Sudesh is his dad. I could be wrong on that. Sudesh is the one who was suppose to get $100 per console sold until his loan was paid back. That's why I find it interesting his name is listed there.

It could just be a typo and they mean Sumeet, who was previously listed as a director. They've done plenty of sloppy paperwork in the past, for precedent.

On the other hand, if the father has taken over the son's holding, he's probably none too happy about the shitshow.

• Like 1

Via an Amico Discord User (7/24):

"Hi everyone! I haven't been active in here or on any Amico channels lately but have been reading almost everything. To be honest I wasn't that interested in Amico Home initially as I was looking forward to the console from Tommy's vision, but I have recently become a fan of it and am looking forward to the upcoming games, especially Finnigan Fox which looks beautiful!

Lately I have started going to my local church which has opened my eyes to so much, and so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting an Amico prayer group? We could say prayers to try and help with getting all the games out and of course manufacturing of the console which would be the main goal of our group.

I know not everyone is religious so no worries if not, just thought I'd ask and try to help in some way 😀 👍"

Edited by livingonwheels
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

"Hi everyone! I haven't been active in here or on any Amico channels lately but have been reading almost everything. To be honest I wasn't that interested in Amico Home initially as I was looking forward to the console from Tommy's vision, but I have recently become a fan of it and am looking forward to the upcoming games, especially Finnigan Fox which looks beautiful!

Lately I have started going to my local church which has opened my eyes to so much, and so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting an Amico prayer group? We could say prayers to try and help with getting all the games out and of course manufacturing of the console which would be the main goal of our group.

I know not everyone is religious so no worries if not, just thought I'd ask and try to help in some way 😀 👍"

Hopefully that person doesn't see Finnigan Fox in motion. They'll have to question everything about their worldview.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting an Amico prayer group? We could say prayers to try and help with getting all the games out and of course manufacturing of the console which would be the main goal of our group.

Probably not too different from the original team's plan of action, really.

image.png.2efbf1cd6d3c81ff4803806457dd5985.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Poes law

10 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

This is truly one of the best and the worst things I’ve ever read on this site, and I’m a scarred veteran of the NESmaker, Knight Rider, Dr Love, Cindy Margolis, and Eastern European Buffet wars.

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Haha 7

If I believed in a god, and I believed that my asking this god could actually result in said god implementing some sort of tangible change in the real world... then willing a freaking video game console into existence would not be up for consideration.

"Hey god, could you please cure terminal illnesses? Maybe end hunger, poverty, pollution, and war? How about my grandma catches a break for the first time in her 80 year life and wins the lottery?"

"You know what, scratch all that, I'd please like a new device upon which to play Finnigan Fox. And I'd like to pay hundreds of dollars for the opportunity."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

This is truly one of the best and the worst things I’ve ever read on this site, and I’m a scarred veteran of the NESmaker, Knight Rider, Dr Love, Cindy Margolis, and Eastern European Buffet wars.

Only KMD beats it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Yes, Sumeet is Sudesh's son.

Sudesh must have been disappointed in his failson Sumeet to have helped take the reigns of Amico. Not to mention he wants his $100 per console money back! I heard he threatened Tommy if he wasn't paid, with not being able to play backgammon ever again as he would make sure he would never be able to stack chairs to be able to get his head over the top of the table to see. 😝

10 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Back in '89 is waiting on Line 1 to speak with you! Coleco Chameleon is on Line 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Sudesh must have been disappointed in his failson Sumeet to have helped take the reigns of Amico. Not to mention he wants his $100 per console money back! I heard he threatened Tommy if he wasn't paid, with not being able to play backgammon ever again as he would make sure he would never be able to stack chairs to be able to get his head over the top of the table to see. 😝

Not only that, but Tommy will be banned from attending the Oasis International Backgammon Cup in Dubai.

https://www.oasisbackgammon.com/tournament/oasis2024

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Can someone provide the link? I have no idea what you're talking about. 😔

It was great. He made a post asking for money to buy his kid a bike, back like 15 years ago. AAers stepped up and got one for her. Then, sensing the sweet, sweet grift, he posted asking for money AGAIN for some random guy. Hilarity ensued and turned out he was just a scumbag. He also scammed money from people who wanted to buy some VHS tapes he made. Here is the link to the second grift post:

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Oh so "backin89" was the guy's username, I thought it was the topic. Thanks for the explanation.

Oh and holy crap! In reading through that old thread I found a gem of a quote from Jaybird3rd which makes his kneeling to TT even funnier- so I can tie it back to the Amico!

quote from page 3 of the above thread:

“I do know for a certainty that it is not improper to recognize when you or some cause you are working for are being taken advantage of, or to respond accordingly. If somebody rips you off, thereby making a mockery of what you set out to do, and your only response is to shrug and say "hey, what's it to me, I gotta do what I gotta do," you're only setting yourself up for a lifetime of being used.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

It was great. He made a post asking for money to buy his kid a bike, back like 15 years ago. AAers stepped up and got one for her. Then, sensing the sweet, sweet grift, he posted asking for money AGAIN for some random guy. Hilarity ensued and turned out he was just a scumbag. He also scammed money from people who wanted to buy some VHS tapes he made. Here is the link to the second grift post:

And that's where all the Shatner riding a Hello Kitty bike pics came from.  He needed to buy his daughter (which I don't know if he was telling the truth) a $64 Hello Kitty bike from Walmart for her birthday.  Then I started joining in with Bennybingo posting a ShatiVision boxart collection.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2024 at 4:33 PM, MrBeefy said:

Sudesh is a board member. I think Sumeet getting a job was just part of the deal.