IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

16 minutes ago, Rev said:

We are 2 years past the original launch date, 2 1/2 years past the point when the console and OS should of been complete. And yet the testers cant show the entire boot up sequence all the way up to main menu and launch a game?

Seriously?

Too risky.  Can't take the chance of --

1. Nintendo, Sony, MS stealing all their awesome ideas
  2. People pointing out the stolen assets they're still using

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Too risky.  Can't take the chance of --

1. Nintendo, Sony, MS stealing all their awesome ideas
  2. People pointing out the stolen assets they're still using

Nintendo/Sony/MS/Valve can't wait to get their hands on those generic spinning gear icons, from the Amico settings section. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Rev said:

Go watch all 3 Amico “unboxing” videos.

I noticed the boot time is substantially different between Intellivision's depicted first-start and DJC's. Someone had asked John on DJC's stream about the lack of a Hotwheels logo anymore and John said he wasn't authorized to speak about that. I wonder how many games are available through their servers for testing versus preloaded. I know my RFID cards still point to the same landing page. Which reminds me, I hope RFID is thoroughly tested on these since that's the way physical media, gift cards and game sharing across Amicos is supposed to work. Haven't heard a word about RFID since the physical pack reveal a year ago.

7 hours ago, Rev said:

But at least we can soon play Amico games on Switch. 😍

Well, some. The press release says their most anticipated IPs won't be available on other platforms until after Amico launches.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rev said:

We are 2 years past the original launch date, 2 1/2 years past the point when the console and OS should of been complete. And yet the testers cant show the entire boot up sequence all the way up to main menu and launch a game?

Seriously?

Usually a company doesn't want things shown in case of changes.  For example, there might be a game that, based on this field testing, they decide to hold off its release.

There is a video on their youtube page, over a year and a half old, showing what you're asking.

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

...Someone had asked John on DJC's stream about the lack of a Hotwheels logo anymore and John said he wasn't authorized to speak about that.

I hope RFID is thoroughly tested on these since that's the way physical media, gift cards and game sharing across Amicos is supposed to work. Haven't heard a word about RFID since the physical pack reveal a year ago.

Hot wheels colossal crash isn't listed among their launch titles on their website.  Assuming you're talking about on the box, are any games besides the six packins shown.

Their software technical director, on a live stream this year was asked if the rfid game cards work.  He said that it's been working for some time.

Edited by mr_me

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

Hot wheels colossal crash isn't listed among their launch titles on their website.  Assuming you're talking about on the box, are any games besides the six packins shown.

There's a section on the box called "Featured Partners" and in John's video it featured seven. In Mike/DJC's version only four are shown. Hot Wheels, Crayola and another is missing.

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

Their software technical director, on a live stream this year was asked if the rfid game cards work.  He said that it's been working for some time.

Isn't that true about all aspects of the system? The point of these two test units is to give all of these features a true consumer-facing walkthrough. So I'd expect that must include trying out gift cards, game cards and controller scanning capabilities to ensure RFID is indeed operational including the entire account creation and syncing. DJC has three sets of physical games so should have no trouble scanning them in to download the software.

image.thumb.png.ff1d461e45812bd323082654703663ad.png

image.thumb.png.1878abafbdb88330581c1594504bc4c8.png

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, MattPilz said:

There's a section on the box called "Featured Partners" and in John's video it featured seven. In Mike/DJC's version only four are shown. Hot Wheels, Crayola and another is missing.

Isn't that true about all aspects of the system? The point of these two test units is to give all of these features a true consumer-facing walkthrough. So I'd expect that must include trying out gift cards, game cards and controller scanning capabilities to ensure RFID is indeed operational including the entire account creation and syncing. DJC has three sets of physical games so should have no trouble scanning them in to download the software.

image.thumb.png.ff1d461e45812bd323082654703663ad.png

image.thumb.png.1878abafbdb88330581c1594504bc4c8.png

That box looks like junk. I like how three of the 7 games featured there are either free to play right now (Sesame Street) or a cheap old mobile game (Knieval). Where are all those exclusives? Where’s Cornhole and Farkle? 

Also this “testing” still makes no sense and I haven’t heard any compelling arguments to the contrary yet. And, again, since Amico hasn’t said anything, all talk about the “purpose” of these units is entirely speculation. I don’t think the company has done anything to earn the right to be taken at face value. A good step to earning some benefit of the doubt? Give back all promised refunds. Stop manipulating mentally challenged individuals. 

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/26/2022 at 8:11 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

My point is that a stopped digital clock likely means that it has no power and therefore displays nothing, meaning that it's always wrong. I have seen 24 hour analog clocks, though.

Ah, but what about the flip clocks like in Groundhog Day? Could they be considered as digital clocks?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Oh well then it must be true. It’s not like we haven’t had any issues with this company making false statements before.

Mr_Me/redditshreadit has been taking everything that IE has said as 100% factual and never entertains the idea or considers the possibility that some of the things that they’ve said may of not been true or entirely accurate along with many of the contradictory statements that they’ve made over the years.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Does it still have the FCC certified logo on the box? If so, have they got the certs yet?

:D

Having certification logos on test production units is not indication that they have those certifications.  When/if they ship product it has to have these certifications.  These test units are supposed to represent how the final product looks, so those logos should be there.  This has already been discussed.

42 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Also this “testing” still makes no sense and I haven’t heard any compelling arguments to the contrary yet. And, again, since Amico hasn’t said anything, all talk about the “purpose” of these units is entirely speculation. I don’t think the company has done anything to earn the right to be taken at face value. A good step to earning some benefit of the doubt? Give back all promised refunds. Stop manipulating mentally challenged individuals. 

Believe it or not companies do test new products with customers prior to mass production.  Nobody is saying they are about to go to mass production.  You or anyone else don't have to accept anything they are doing.  Either one day they ship product or they don't.

17 minutes ago, Pink said:

Mr_Me has been taking everything that IE has said as 100% factual and not even entertaining the idea in the slightest that some of the things that they’ve said may of not been true or entirely accurate along with many of the contradictory statements that they’ve made over the years.

40 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Oh well then it must be true. It’s not like we haven’t had any issues with this company making false statements before.

Someone said it hasn't been mentioned since the reveal last year.  I'm just pointing out that they did talk about it a few months ago.  I'm not saying it.  I'm just reporting what they said.

Edited by mr_me

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

The rfid features has been on their official product website and discussed in videos on their company youtube site long before that podcast.  Again, someone simply asked if they've talked about it since last year.

Oh I know. I’m not criticizing you, I’m just pointing out how poorly run this company has been. Remember like two/three years ago people like me who run businesses and do exactly this type of work for a living were trying to give advice and were constantly shut down by TT (who, for the record, had NO experience in management, public relations, or running a budget)? Well, here we are. A great study in The Peter Principle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Ahh, there it is, finally got one:

This Has Already Been Discussed.™️

The "this has already been discussed" comments have already been discussed.

33 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

TT (who, for the record, had NO experience in management, public relations, or running a budget)

You don't need all that when you're a NY Yankees Hall of Famer with your very own copy of The Secret

Edit:  I assume it's his own copy, but dunno for sure.  Could have borrowed it from the library and just never returned it, similar to that SNES Dev unit thing.

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

The "this has already been discussed" comments have already been discussed.

You don't need all that when you're a NY Yankees Hall of Famer with your very own copy of The Secret

Edit:  I assume it's his own copy, but dunno for sure.  Could have borrowed it from the library and just never returned it, similar to that SNES Dev unit thing.

Oh man I can’t believe I FORGOT the Hall of Fame nonsense. Mr_Me ever justify that one (and explain how Hall of Fames work) or was that a bridge too far?

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

It was when he was on either a DJC or ONLG podcast earlier this year.

Who was the engineer speaking so I can try to track that down? I should had clarified my remark in that I’ve seen nothing said about RFID on any of Intellivision’s official social media accounts, videos or press releases in over a year. I don’t remember John’s unboxing video mentioning it either and certainly not demonstrated.

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

It's mentioned in this video at around 40m.

Thanks. From the same video a minute later: "I think in a future video, probably our next video, we'll dive into that whole experience of getting games onto the console through purchasing, gift cards, boxed editions... So we will do a video to show that off because I know people want to see that. It's kind of like, from my perspective, and I'm close to that, obviously that works. But the public doesn't know that. So we have to show them. Right?"

Note that this was from a video March 23, 2022. More than seven months ago.

• Like 3