IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

“Preliminary FCC approval” reads like “all but dissertation” to me. While I believe they’ve put in some effort — and have certainly expended a lot of money — manufacturing isn’t a field where you can skate by on partial credit. 

Especially when the CEO is telling his poorly informed investors that he intends to “overpromise and overdeliver.” He actually said that, in the public comments for one of his SEC-regulated crowdfunding portals. 

It’s been 6 months since he went quiet. Think we’ll ever hear from him again?

Tom will resurface….it’s a compulsion. Give it time….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

“Preliminary FCC approval” reads like “all but dissertation” to me. While I believe they’ve put in some effort — and have certainly expended a lot of money — manufacturing isn’t a field where you can skate by on partial credit. 

Especially when the CEO is telling his poorly informed investors that he intends to “overpromise and overdeliver.” He actually said that, in the public comments for one of his SEC-regulated crowdfunding portals. 

It’s been 6 months since he went quiet. Think we’ll ever hear from him again?

He overdelivered so much he circled back around to not delivering anything.

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

Would they find a market for tens of thousands of units or would the ramp up be a waste? Take away the exclusive titles since many are being actively ported to other platforms or alternatives already exist. The price was comparatively affordable at $150-200, but now would cost the same as a Nintendo Switch for $299 (or OLED model for $349). It doesn't benefit developers to produce new content for an untested system with few users. I hoped it'd be more open to third party devs when I first grew interested in it (myself included) but seems pretty curated and NDA-laden.

It has never been anything but a waste for them to make it. That's why they haven't. They had the opportunity too multiple times and had the money.

46 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

If by "ding-a-lings" you mean people who aren't sycophant Teets worshippers...yes, you and Mr_Me are pretty much an army of two.   (Like DJC and Relic?)

It's not for you.

34 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If there's no market for them to reach their breakeven point, then as an investment, it would be a waste. I think they need to be at about $250 or less and that's with the two controllers.  Yes, developers/publishers aren't going to make games for a system with a tiny install base, it's why the company has had to fund or pay for all the game development so far.  That's the other reason they need to be able to ramp up production.

The closed system and curated game library is a distinguishing feature of the system, like it or not it's a selling feature.  If they ever do get this out in the market, I'd like them to freely share the controller API.  That's so if a developer wants to investigate making a local multiplayer game with those controllers, they can.

They need to be sub $250 and really sub $200. It has no value for the price. A family is better off getting a Switch or last gen console. They have more value than Amico.

11 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Like a nugget that refuses to flush? Idk his behavior is the same as it always has been. However, he made a more public display of it. Considering he doesn't seem well respected, and doesn't have a skillset to be relevant in today's gaming, I'm doubtful he does.

I could maybe see a refocus on VGL to help pay for the possible house and divorce issues. However, I'm not even sure how much of that is worth his time.

But anyways. Anyone need an updated ruse counter.

Screenshot_2022-11-01_at_6_06.35_PM.thumb.png.0bd1704076120d9a2833cefd88669954.png

I don't think they will be able to release in the next 100 days so it is going to end up being worse than Polymega unless they just come out and cancel it before then.

They made the Atari VCS look like a tightly run taco truck. I can't believe I ever thought the VCS would go better than Amico. I underestimated the level of incompetence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I could maybe see a refocus on VGL to help pay for the possible house and divorce issues. However, I'm not even sure how much of that is worth his time.

Well he does like to smuggle the money he makes from it around to avoid paying taxes, so it's possible for him to more than he should do from it.

Though he then goes and gets caught and has to forfeit it all, so maybe not.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Haha 2

The most hilarious thing about all of this, to me, is that I still don't understand who the hell this would be for even if by some miracle it actually gets to market.

You can get on Amazon right now and get an Evercade handheld with 3 carts for a hundred bucks and be playing it by the end of the week. You can get the VS console with two carts and two controllers for $130, or preorder the EXP with all the Capcom and Irem games for $150.

As has been pointed out, a Switch starts at 300 bucks.

So who on earth would drop 300 bucks on an Intellivision Amico? If you're into retro stuff there's Evercade and a million plug and plays like the Genesis mini or the Nintendo classic editions or even the AtGames trash Flashback products. If you want new games there's no way in hell an Amico beats a Switch.

I'm a pretty damn easy sell on a game system. My systems, by manufacturer

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, Switch, GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GB micro, DS, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, N3DS, VB, Pokemon mini

SEGA: SMS, Genesis, SEGA CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Nomad

Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita

Microsoft: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One S

Atari: 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Jaguar CD, Lynx II, XEGS

SNK: MVS, Neo Geo CD, Neo Geo Pocket Color

NEC: PC Engine, TG16, TurboExpress

Other: Vectrex, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, N-Gage QD, 3DO, CD-i, Supervision, Evercade, Evercade VS,

I bought all of that stupid nonsense and even I don't understand who the Amico was ever supposed to be for.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, famicommander said:

The most hilarious thing about all of this, to me, is that I still don't understand who the hell this would be for even if by some miracle it actually gets to market.

You can get on Amazon right now and get an Evercade handheld with 3 carts for a hundred bucks and be playing it by the end of the week. You can get the VS console with two carts and two controllers for $130, or preorder the EXP with all the Capcom and Irem games for $150.

So who on earth would drop 300 bucks on an Intellivision Amico? If you're into retro stuff there's Evercade and a million plug and plays like the Genesis mini or the Nintendo classic editions or even the AtGames trash Flashback products. If you want new games there's no way in hell an Amico beats a Switch.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, Switch, GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GB micro, DS, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, N3DS, VB, Pokemon mini

Other: Vectrex, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, N-Gage QD, 3DO, CD-i, Supervision, Evercade, Evercade VS,

I bought all of that stupid nonsense and even I don't understand who the Amico was ever supposed to be for.

Well that’s because you don’t understand Market Research.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, famicommander said:

I think we can certainly say that It's Not For You.™️

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, theswede said:

Yes, I followed the Amico thread before it was deleted, after that I haven’t really revisited the forum to often, mostly because it is only ding-a-lings left it seems 😄

So you took a break from cheerleading, then came back here to insult everyone? How much did you invest and did your wife get mad when she found out?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Well he does like to smuggle the money he makes from it around to avoid paying taxes, so it's possible for him to more than he should do from it.

Though he then goes and gets caught and has to forfeit it all, so maybe not.

I would bet that after that incident he gets checked every time he travels. Remember him posting about how they checked his bags and showed off the Aurdino that ran the LEDs in the Amico shell? I'd bet it is less than random.

1 hour ago, famicommander said:

It supposedly is for me and my family. I can tell you they didn't really do any research other than whatever fear mongering materials towards video games there were in the 90's. Even the links and stuff the moron would post hear actually disproved his reasoning for casuals.

It has always been a device aimed at preying on old men who will throw money at an old video game name. That's where 99% of the marketing time and effort went. It's why he came and shit all over AA.

The casual and mom talk was investor bait. 

How old are you? Are you married? Doe you have kids? Are your parents alive? Just curious.... <-IE "research".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just watched a DJC video where he and Mike Mullis are gloating that they each have an Amico console. 

Why were they gloating? Because some folks thought that Intellivision might have built only one test console and Mike would have to forward it along to DJC.  NOPE! Suck it HATERZZZ; there are at least two! 

Oh man, this is clearly VICTORY LAP time!!! 

YARN | Yep. This is one for our side. | Seinfeld (1993) - S08E08 The  Chicken Roaster | Video clips by quotes | 56b240ab | 紗

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, famicommander said:

It was for people like me, I wanted it because I think it would have been a great introduction to video games for my non gaming wife and small children, I loved the controller and how it was so many opportunities for unique game play mechanics, I thought the games looked great and fun and that they were all built to be easy for anyone to get in and play. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

He lives so much in the 90s I hope he'll come back with cybernetic arms and an eye that shoots lasers. 😎

I can picture him yelling "nailed it" every time he shoots.

6 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Well that’s because you don’t understand Market Research.

Indeed, he doesn't have the DATA™️.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, theswede said:

It was for people like me, I wanted it because I think it would have been a great introduction to video games for my non gaming wife and small children, I loved the controller and how it was so many opportunities for unique game play mechanics, I thought the games looked great and fun and that they were all built to be easy for anyone to get in and play. 

In what way does the Amico provide unique game play mechanics that you couldn't replicate on something like a Switch, 3DS, Wii U, or cell phone?

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They made the Atari VCS look like a tightly run taco truck. I can't believe I ever thought the VCS would go better than Amico. I underestimated the level of incompetence.

Back at Amico headquarters, the moment they discovered the amount of incompetence the company had...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, famicommander said:

In what way does the Amico provide unique game play mechanics that you couldn't replicate on something like a Switch, 3DS, Wii U, or cell phone?

For example all controllers have a screen that can be used for many different things, like having your cards hidden from other players, rolling the dice in dice games, bonus clues in shark shark etc. The interactive lightning in the console (as well as controllers) that could be used for getting visual clues/warnings as well as many other game mechanics it could be used for (i.e bomb squad etc). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theswede said:

For example all controllers have a screen that can be used for many different things, like having your cards hidden from other players, rolling the dice in dice games, bonus clues in shark shark etc. The interactive lightning in the console (as well as controllers) that could be used for getting visual clues/warnings as well as many other game mechanics it could be used for (i.e bomb squad etc). 

Sounds nifty.  Where can I try these features out for myself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If they would have been able to get it on the market during Co-vid, they probably would have been able to sell a fair amount of consoles and games. Many folks were now at home with their kids looking for everything and anything to keep them occupied. Some people weren't researching anything, just buying. Board games, video games, even puzzles were in high demand. With the right marketing online, who knows. Would they have reached their projected sale quota? That's a different noodle. My wife is a truck driver and with the current price of diesel, the cost of just shipping it now to stores, has sky rocketed. So just the phase of shipping it to retailers alone is very pricey for any endeavor.

24 minutes ago, theswede said:

Haha, it’s like you’re reading from that promo kit. Mr Beefy I think I was right! But maybe this is all a precursor to a TT return where he shows off those two systems and tells us he was winning this whole time.

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

If they would have been able to get it on the market during Co-vid, they probably would have been able to sell a fair amount of consoles and games. Many folks were now at home with their kids looking for everything and anything to keep them occupied. Some people weren't researching anything, just buying. Board games, video games, even puzzles were in high demand. With the right marketing online, who knows. Would they have reached their projected sale quota? That's a different noodle. My wife is a truck driver and with the current price of diesel, the cost of just shipping it now to stores, has sky rocketed. So just the phase of shipping it to retailers alone is very pricey for any endeavor.

That damn Marketing. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, theswede said:

like having your cards hidden from other players, rolling the dice in dice games

I wonder if Intellivision ever conducted independent focus groups with non-gamers to verify if this sector of traditional gaming is beneficial to play on a screen, versus just bringing out a physical deck of cards or cup of dice.

If I'm with a group of friends/family in the same room and want to play Poker or Yahtzee, it'd be a very abnormal occurrence to decide we should all get out our phones and controllers to play what could be done around a table casually as it has for hundreds of years. I'm not sure those are strong selling points for the controllers or game selection.

I've never seen an Amico controller in real life but the screen is around 3" diagonal 320x240, from the videos I've seen there is not a lot of space for detail on it. The resolution and screen dimensions are less than the first generation iPhones from 15 years back.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, theswede said:

If you watched the videos for Missile Command and Bomb Squad, and thought they looked easy and fun to play, you’re a much better gamer than me.  I thought Skiing looked good, and I was all in on Cornhole but they butchered that game.

• Like 3