IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

47 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Not even going to Google what an "electronic Cornhole" would be. Fool me once....

I'm NOT going to do the obvious thing, like post a meme of a bearded Diedrich Bader. 

Instead, I'm going to spread the word about my favorite corn-related product...Squirrel Corn! 

It's a solid cylindrical block of corn.  If you get annoyed by squirrels eating birdseed, put one of these things outside and watch them chow down. 

Royal Wing Sweet Corn Squirrel Food Log, 32 oz. at Tractor Supply Co.

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I can only assume that you're referring to a later revision of the page as this is what it said in the FAQ on 18 April 2020:

We were talking about the Amico-Fig investment page.  April 17, 2020:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200417200534/https://www.fig.co/campaigns/amico/invest

16 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

I'll admit that, early on, when IE announced that they had retail purchase orders: it increased their credibility, in my eyes.  Of course, the Atari Jaguar and the Mattel Hyperscan had retail purchase orders, too, and they were dismal failures.  Still, they were legitimate retail products with finished games. Hearing that IE they had worked out arrangements with retailers made me think that they had something resembling a legitimate operation and business plan.  I still thought it had a very slim chance of succeeding but, at least, it would be interesting to see Amico products, in Best Buy, etc.  

Now I wonder how close they actually were?  Despite the lackluster hardware and games, were they close to churning out these units and crossing their fingers that ultra-wholesome types and electronic cornhole fanatics might give them a shot at success?  What were the conditions on those retail purchase orders?  Did IE have to accept returned stock, pay the return shipping, etc.? Were the POs just wishful thinking, based on preliminary conversations?  If that's true: it would sure seem like a material falsehood, as I recall "Ole Double-T" referring to those POs as actual and not aspirational.   I'd speculate that they did have some arrangements but they were the least favorable kind that put most of the risk on IE. 

When the documentary comes out, I'd definitely be curious to see the "Retail Tall Tales and Wholesale Deception" chapter. 

Typical purchase order terms are loaded in the retailer's favor.  The risk is almost entirely on the supplier.  Cancelation clauses include delivery delays.  Payment terms are typically longer than net 30.  Unsold stock can be returned.

They referred to both purchase orders and allocation requests.  Not sure what allocation requests mean but it might apply to online store agreements where a purchase order is not necessarily applicable.  An investor can get more details and ask to see what purchase orders they have.

I wrote this earlier, that in this case it's the manufacturer's responsibility to sell product in the retail channel, or they could end up getting returned.  Purchase orders don't take away any risk.  It's why they would need a marketing plan and budget to match the number of units they produce.

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

We were talking about the Amico-Fig investment page.  April 17, 2020:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200417200534/https://www.fig.co/campaigns/amico/invest

So what?

In any case, the FAQ on the main page confirms the exact date. They've even mentioned the pandemic and don't seem to think that will cause delays, despite leaning heavily on that later.

To suggest that the date was changed or any kind of slippage was confirmed before August 2020 is just gaslighting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rev said:

Some new Youtuber is reviewing the new SmashJT video.  

Who is this guy?  😜

Is it Joey Kuras!?!?!?!

22 hours ago, Rev said:

If Amico was TRULY ready for 10/10/2020 like former management touted numerous times and was actually being honest instead of kicking the can down the road trying to snag investors…….I think at that sub 250 price point it would of been a moderate success.  Especially released during the pandemic when everyone had discretionary money and was actually home….on the couch.  

If they truly believed in the product, all management would of put everything on the line.  Sell everything, homes on collateral.  You know, like a true start up company would of done before the days of crowdfunding and using other people “free” money. 

But alas, the whole thing was a charade. 

Now looks like a few remaining C level people working from home trying to keep creditors and investors off their back and *maybe* one year get some units out?

Hey, having said that…… if Amico does finally release Ill pick up two or three.  What can I say, Im an Intv fan and hoarder.  🤓

Any else here going to get an Amico too if it releases?

After this 5 year saga I want a participation trophy.  🤣

They could at least send you those Founders patches they had made that said 2021 on them. :D

21 hours ago, number6 said:

Sure. I understand the utubers and many people here are not in the position of the average consumer when it comes to discretionary spending.

But for Intellivision it is the average consumer's situation that must be considered when you talk about the #s needed for sales.

*raises hand* um I am in that demographic and when I said my wife said the price above $200 was too much, I was told that was made up and not true. It was started by a sock puppet and reinforced by the mod.

To have a chance this console needed to be sub $200. My wife did what an rational consumer would do. Pay a little more for the product you know is quality, will last for a while, and actually has games (utility) you want to play now. The demographic for Amico is uninformed consumers who do no research on their purchases.

They know its a bum product. I'm sure they "want to release it" in some fashion as they probably need to legally. If they knew it was so good they would make those 7000 and get them out there.

18 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

I'll admit that, early on, when IE announced that they had retail purchase orders: it increased their credibility, in my eyes.  Of course, the Atari Jaguar and the Mattel Hyperscan had retail purchase orders, too, and they were dismal failures.  Still, they were legitimate retail products with finished games. Hearing that IE they had worked out arrangements with retailers made me think that they had something resembling a legitimate operation and business plan.  I still thought it had a very slim chance of succeeding but, at least, it would be interesting to see Amico products, in Best Buy, etc.  

Now I wonder how close they actually were?  Despite the lackluster hardware and games, were they close to churning out these units and crossing their fingers that ultra-wholesome types and electronic cornhole fanatics might give them a shot at success?  What were the conditions on those retail purchase orders?  Did IE have to accept returned stock, pay the return shipping, etc.? Were the POs just wishful thinking, based on preliminary conversations?  If that's true: it would sure seem like a material falsehood, as I recall "Ole Double-T" referring to those POs as actual and not aspirational.   I'd speculate that they did have some arrangements but they were the least favorable kind that put most of the risk on IE. 

When the documentary comes out, I'd definitely be curious to see the "Retail Tall Tales and Wholesale Deception" chapter. 

I agree it made them sound good. Watch that hbomber video when it drops and you will see what TT was doing.

Until that video drops go on a scavenger hunt and search for how many Guinness World Records Tommy has. He says he has 7 different ones. 

26 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

So what?

In any case, the FAQ on the main page confirms the exact date. They've even mentioned the pandemic and don't seem to think that will cause delays, despite leaning heavily on that later.

To suggest that the date was changed or any kind of slippage was confirmed before August 2020 is just gaslighting.

In streams Tommy would also act like all dates were still a possibility too. He was CEO at the time which makes all those official company statements.

Same thing happened to the April 2021 and October 2021 dates.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

So what?

I'm just saying what happened. The Fig investor main page did advise of the uncertainty around the release earlier, just as the ceo advised people interviewing him.  They weren't even taking Fig investments at the time, only "collecting indications of interest".  The date was officially changed in August 2020, if Republic/Fig investors didn't like it, they didn't have to invest.  Those with preorder deposits could get a refund.

As I said before, in August 2020 they weren't just announcing a delay, they were announcing a new date.  If they were only a few months late it wouldn't have been a big deal, but that's not what happened.  There was a number of things to consider before selecting a new release date, there were also a number of unknowns like how long lockdowns would last.

What exactly do you get out of this? Typing paragraph after paragraph, day after day, trying to convince a limited audience of forum-goers that these Intellivision clowns were marginally more incompetent than they were deceitful instead of the opposite. 

It's not working. Nobody believes you. I don't think many of us even believe that you believe it.

Edited by famicommander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, famicommander said:

What exactly do you get out of this? Typing paragraph after paragraph, day after day, trying to convince a limited audience of forum-goers that these Intellivision clowns were marginally more incompetent than they were deceitful instead of the opposite. 

It's not working. Nobody believes you. I don't think many of us even believe that you believe it.

Ignore button does wonders. Then I get to pick and choose what I see.

The fact is they are both incompetent and deceitful. Only the biggest of idiots could not see both problems.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg.e81f18751f3ccd7a7dfa425323430431.jpg

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I look forward to the day that mr_me finally goes all in, and tells up that it was actually released on its original launch date, and we all just missed it.

That would also ne admitting that it was a POS that didn't disrupt anything because it sucked so bad no one knew it released.

I doubt you see that type of admission. Amico is friend.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm just saying what happened. The Fig investor main page did advise of the uncertainty around the release earlier, just as the ceo advised people interviewing him.  They weren't even taking Fig investments at the time, only "collecting indications of interest".  The date was officially changed in August 2020, if Republic/Fig investors didn't like it, they didn't have to invest.  Those with preorder deposits could get a refund.

As I said before, in August 2020 they weren't just announcing a delay, they were announcing a new date.  If they were only a few months late it wouldn't have been a big deal, but that's not what happened.  There was a number of things to consider before selecting a new release date, there were also a number of unknowns like how long lockdowns would last.

What part of that word salad does anything to contradict what I said about them repeatedly setting release dates that they knew they weren't going to meet and only pushing them back long after that fact?

They don't seem to have checked off any of the usual criteria by which you'd select a release date. This is just the basic stuff that we've already discussed like finalizing the console, FCC and other certifications, ordering the parts and agreeing production, testing and shipping schedules with a manufacturer they hadn't even selected until after the April 2021 date had been announced.

All of that applied pre-Covid and the main effect of lockdowns was to blow out the lead time on parts orders, which they never got around to.

So, no, they don't deserve any benefit of doubt or waggle room for unforeseen slippages. It was all entirely predictable.

Once again, take your pick from incompetence or dishonesty. You can have both if you want.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Who developed Amico Astrosmash? The developer didn't pop up, after 40 seconds of searching and I imagine that someone here probably knows.  

Rogue Rocket Games

If that doesn't mean much to you, they're headed up by Nick Bruty who previously worked with Shiny Entertainment and founded Planet Moon Studios.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

What part of that word salad does anything to contradict what I said about them repeatedly setting release dates that they knew they weren't going to meet and only pushing them back long after that fact?

They don't seem to have checked off any of the usual criteria by which you'd select a release date. This is just the basic stuff that we've already discussed like finalizing the console, FCC and other certifications, ordering the parts and agreeing production, testing and shipping schedules with a manufacturer they hadn't even selected until after the April 2021 date had been announced.

All of that applied pre-Covid and the main effect of lockdowns was to blow out the lead time on parts orders, which they never got around to.

So, no, they don't deserve any benefit of doubt or waggle room for unforeseen slippages. It was all entirely predictable.

Once again, take your pick from incompetence or dishonesty. You can have both if you want.

They had a loudmouth flapping gums. That's enough for some to indicate they were on the launchpad. 

It's a shell company. They don't have man power to put together 25 units. Which also means the two out in the wild were not done by the factory nor the other 23.

If they don't have the capability to effectively make 25 units, they aren't making 6000 or more.

No one is really working at IE. They can't even send out an email with an update. WINNING!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

I'm not here to contradict or convince the people posting here of anything. However, I did write before that in August 2020 when they set a new date they didn't know they'd be doing another hardware revision, the hardware specifications were finalized by early 2020.  As I said, according to their engineers, they didn't get fcc testing results until november 2020, requiring an engineering change implemented in early 2021.  They had a contract manufacturer, parts were ordered, they supposedly had plenty of financing for manufacturing, were working towards a 2021 release, set a third release date, and according to their engineers were fcc compliant that summer.  At some point they lost their manufacturer and they lost their manufacturing financing, and we haven't had another release date.  Since then the company has been dismantled, it's a failed startup.  It happens even in the best of times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

Rogue Rocket Games

If that doesn't mean much to you, they're headed up by Nick Bruty who previously worked with Shiny Entertainment and founded Planet Moon Studios.

Thanks!  Astrosmash actually looks fun to me. You'd think that it would play just fine with typical controller.  Just map the warp/dash to a few buttons and you're all set.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'm not here to contradict or convince the people posting here of anything. However, I did write before that in August 2020 when they set a new date they didn't know they'd be doing another hardware revision, the hardware specifications were finalized by early 2020.  As I said, according to their engineers, they didn't get fcc testing results until november 2020, requiring an engineering change implemented in early 2021.  They had a contract manufacturer, parts were ordered, they supposedly had plenty of financing for manufacturing, were working towards a 2021 release, set a third release date, and according to their engineers were fcc compliant that summer.  At some point they lost their manufacturer and they lost their manufacturing financing, and we haven't had another release date.  Since then the company has been dismantled, it's a failed startup.  It happens even in the best of times.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I wouldn't call a hardware design finalized until AFTER it passes all necessary testing. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

Thanks!  Astrosmash actually looks fun to me. You'd think that it would play just fine with typical controller.  Just map the warp/dash to a few buttons and you're all set.  

Most of their games would easily be translated to different controllers. The screen is a glorified button most of the time.

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I wouldn't call a hardware design finalized until AFTER it passes all necessary testing. 

They have two guys doing QA on two units right now. Something that if ready for 2020 launch should have been done in 2019 I'm sure. 🤣

But hey someone at the company who is a proven liar said it was ready. So that means it is ready.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

I said hardware specifications.  And what I meant was that by around the end of 2019 they had a prototype with a number of changes that we could see.  They changed the controller to a horizontal orientation, they upgraded the touchscreen to capacitive touch, finalised materials, increased storage capacity to 32GB, and changed the usb ports suggesting a pcb revision.  That prototype in early 2020 resembles what we see today.  And as has been discussed here you could have pcb revisions even after going into manufacturing for any number of reasons, during pre-production, or anytime during the production life of a product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayler said:

you are. 

Like with your pals at Intellivision, there seems to be a "slight" gap between intention and execution. 

Doesn’t really matter what Mr Me is or wants to be. What’s known is INTV and company representatives are liars and thieves. No refuting that.

What I do question is why Mr Me is the lone man standing so to say? Why? I don’t truly get why he still has a horse in the race. This project is so dead it’s not even funny. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Doesn’t really matter what Mr Me is or wants to be. What’s known is INTV and company representatives are liars and thieves. No refuting that.

What I do question is why Mr Me is the lone man standing so to say? Why? I don’t truly get why he still has a horse in the race. This project is so dead it’s not even funny. 

They would never lie about anything!

I'm sure mrme just wants his Intellivision to come back. He probably doesn't understand why others aren't wetting their pants in excitement and ignoring all the lies and warning signs. It all matter naught as long as Intellivision comes back. WHY IS EVERYONE DOING THIS? 😭

LEAVE TOMMY AND INTELLIVISION ALONE!

leave-britney.gif.e289bf7bdb5e731a8aa501abd8a89467.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

What I do question is why Mr Me is the lone man standing so to say? Why? I don’t truly get why he still has a horse in the race.

Very hard to get a grasp on this but I think an answer of some sorts is revealed in this response from way back. 

I think there's your horse. As to why would someone associate a video game company to a bullied kid is another thing entirely. But there's a certain skewed logic behind that reasoning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3