IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Speaking of spending money. I'm curious if anyone has reported DJC to the FTC? Since he's an investor, telling people to invest, and also never disclosing he's an investor?

Wouldn't that be something?

He has also encouraged people to pre-order in the past, saying people should "snatch one up if they can" even if they don't want one. The way he acts like he's never suggested anyone to do anything when the proof is so available is very annoying.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rayik said:

You are not going to get a direct answer. You are going to get selective responses which ignore what you asked.  That’s why I stopped dialogue with mr_me.

Nothing against mr_me, but there became no point to continuing a dialogue. 

Im going to ignore his irrelevant and contrarian posts until he answers. 

• Like 1

Man, I was just thinking about when I made this thread. So cool. I remember typing in words and letters and, man, it all really just came together. Then I hit buttons. It's really amazing to see my thread be so popular.

A real shame I have to ask for $457,000 for it though, or else I'll have to vaguely get lawyers involved somehow in ways I won't explain or deliver on, because again, I made this thread and it shouldn't be around without my getting credit for my hard work.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:44 AM, mr_me said:

It was just the one thread that was protected.  There was plenty of interaction in other threads.  In the end that's what happened.

Nope. This is a total lie. Even a few months ago I had an Amico thread deleted when a Tommy shill showed up, complained (“Why are you losers still talking about this?”), then disappeared again. To say this behavior was limited to TT’s own thread is a flat out lie.  

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Rev said:

Who knows anymore… Go make a thread and see how it goes!  

I tried a few months ago… it was like summoning the kraken. Like 10 minutes after I posted it a shill showed up from the murk, implied I was a loser for still talking about the Amico, and the thread was taken down with no communication to me from the mods.  The shill didn’t respond to my PM and disappeared back into the darkness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Nope. This is a total lie. Even a few months ago I had an Amico thread deleted when a Tommy shill showed up, complained (“Why are you losers still talking about this?”), then disappeared again. To say this behavior was limited to TT’s own thread is a flat out lie.  

What I said was that while the faq thread was getting special treatment there were plenty of other threads created, plenty of criticism, plenty of discussion.  They were not getting the same treatment as the faq thread, they were there and it happened.

Then the entire Amico section was indiscriminately wiped out, so that could still be part of things today.  Because of that if an Amico topic does get wiped out, it might not be because of any particular user or comment.  Beyond that, topics and comments are still subject to the forum rules and guidelines.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

I realize that even though porting those Unity games over to PC should be relatively easy, there's still a cost involved.  At this point, I doubt that anything beyond sending out occasional communications or a few more hand-assembled consoles is in their budget.  

For clarity's sake, that last phrase should have read "is NOT in their budget". 

16 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I think it would be a better use of their time to not be POSs and ship the console they took money for. Or refund all preorders and all cardboard box purchases.

Wouldn't that be something?

Shipping the consoles seems like a complete non-starter without a miraculous source of funding.

I'm not a Unity Expert but considering that we've seen game developers playing an Amico game, on PC with XboX controllers, it seems like it would be relatively easy. I imagine that porting a game, in Unity, isn't quite as easy as clicking "Export for Switch / PS4 / Windows" but I don't think it's anything close to porting between classic systems like SNES and Genesis.  Someone who's actually developed games, like @MattPilz, would have more insight.  

This is all academic, considering that IE is effectively an empty shop, but it would be nice for the boxed game folks to get something beyond the shelf ornaments. 

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I tried a few months ago… it was like summoning the kraken. Like 10 minutes after I posted it a shill showed up from the murk, implied I was a loser for still talking about the Amico, and the thread was taken down with no communication to me from the mods.  The shill didn’t respond to my PM and disappeared back into the darkness.

A shill is an odd word, made made me Chuckle some at thinking back to the 1920s and how you even got the Bums rush by the mods...But seriously while I have no skin in this game, investments do fail, it is just the nature of the beast, Crowd sourced pre order inparticular have a steep hill to climb in terms of innovation, tooling, inflation in a post covid world (I personally have 30k to date into my current arcade machine build) and then there is the potential of poor management by someone you may not be used to handling large amounts of money...Pinball is a lot like that too, wait years for nothing more than the dream.

Edited by Jenni

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

What I said was that while the faq thread was getting special treatment there were plenty of other threads created, plenty of criticism, plenty of discussion.  They were not getting the same treatment as the faq thread, they were there and it happened.

Then the entire Amico section was indiscriminately wiped out, so that could still be part of things today.  Because of that if an Amico topic does get wiped out, it might not be because of any particular user or comment.  Beyond that, topics and comments are still subject to the forum rules and guidelines.

Still wrong.

Hey what's your definition of scam?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

What the hell is in that Amico guidebook? Is it just photos of a naked TT covered in money and blank FCC applications?

Blank Page...

Much like their FCC certs,

Hdmi licensing,

Plans on making the console,

Their pledge to refund people,

All blank.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jenni said:

A shill is an odd word, made made me Chuckle some at thinking back to the 1920s and how you even got the Bums rush by the mods...But seriously while I have no skin in this game, investments do fail, it is just the nature of the beast, Crowd sourced pre order inparticular have a steep hill to climb in terms of innovation, tooling, inflation in a post covid world (I personally have 30k to date into my current arcade machine build) and then there is the potential of poor management by someone you may not be used to handling large amounts of money...Pinball is a lot like that too, wait years for nothing more than the dream.

That's over simplifying the Amico stuff a little much but yeah.

The nuances you have missed over the years would be like how mr-mes friends and such gathered pictures of my kid and threatened to spread them online if a reddit account (who they thought was me) continued to talk about Amico. They also tried to attack my work too. Just because I had an opinion and wanted to see it succeed, but didn't want to join a cult of personality and maintain the ability to think for myself.

I'm hardly the only one to have this happen. There were others who were sexually harassed, and doxxed. The now former CEO was here on AA, PMing people like mr-me there to attack me and others. He would try and get anyone who would not say anything bad about Amico to do his dirty work.

All this inthe name of Amico. Which is a toy that is non-existent, and over 2 years past its initial launch point.

There's way more to Amico than just it being an iffy idea ran into the dirt by incompetent businessmen.

Edit* Oh I forgot to mention the CEO kept a hater folder on his desktop that he gathered information on people to spread to his followers.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jenni said:

Holy crow, That is some ugly Scandal, I can now see why the threads disappear.

Oh yeah it's some "fun stuff". It is actually quite interesting from a psychological and sociological perspective.

The console even if released is dead. It's similar to 2016 budget phone tech. Their parts are starting to reach EOL. They can't manage to get the certs required to sell the console. Their address for the company is a UPS office. They basically don't have anyone working for them anymore, which is not a good sign for a company who is supposedly saying they are going to release a product.

Yet there are still people acting like it is going to change the gaming world. Some took the name Amico a little to literal me thinks.

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

So I spoke with Albert today and asked the question about my threads being taken down- I would like to retract what I said above, but can’t edit the post. It wasn’t a complaint that shut them down but Albert wanting just one Amico thread.  So there weren’t others involved in those decisions. Apologies for thinking/saying otherwise. 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, mr_me said:

That's the interaction I was talking about.  And when he got out of line his posts were removed like anyone else, until he left.

Edit:

People were free to create as many threads as they like and say what they wanted, just as they are doing now.  They weren't removed until the whole section got wiped out.

Once again, that’s factually inaccurate. Every single one of the “independent” threads featuring @MrBeefy were closed down by @jaybird3rd when he was active as Global Moderator of this site. You were there the whole time @mr_me, you’re either misremembering, or you’re deliberately attempting to rewrite history to make it seem more reasonable than it actually was. 

Edited by Flojomojo
Typo should have said “every single one”
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, mr_me said:

Who knows if they shipped any since they ran out of money.  Or if they sold enough to even cover their manufacturing.

You just described the main problems people have with this project. The money is gone with no accountability, there’s no communication, there’s been zero effort in the last year to address any of it. 

18 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Imagine how upset I must be. Here's my Amico stash:

amico.jpg

Yikes. I guess you can take solace in owning “a piece of gaming history” at least. Whatever that is. 

17 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

So I spoke with Albert today and asked the question about my threads being taken down- I would like to retract what I said above, but can’t edit the post. It wasn’t a complaint that shut them down but Albert wanting just one Amico thread.  So there weren’t others involved in those decisions. Apologies for thinking/saying otherwise. 

I guess I just don’t understand the impulse to contain conversation like that. It was happening when @Tommy Tallarico thought he could talk his way into everyone’s hearts. The moderator @jaybird3rd seemed worried some people  were going to scare off the rockstar owner of the necrobrand, but never had the decency to come out and say “can you guys do the silly memes somewhere else.” And then @Albert decided to bury it all in a big hole, like so many surplus Atari cartridges, as if that made everything okay. I had been coming here regularly for 18 years and never saw such behavior. It was disappointing then and it’s sad that it’s never been addressed in the honest, transparent way that I feel the community deserves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Rev said:

Amico threads are like Highlander….there can be only one. 🤓

queen text GIF

29 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Once again, that’s factually inaccurate. Every single one of the “independent” threads featuring @MrBeefy were closed down by @jaybird3rd when he was active as Global Moderator of this site. You were there the whole time @mr_me, you’re either misremembering, or you’re deliberately attempting to rewrite history to make it seem more reasonable than it actually was. 

Oh he's rewriting for sure. I loved how I posted all the CUPodcast videos that talked about Amico and jaybird put them behind a spoiler tag so people would have to click on them to see them. Then Tommy put a bunch of videos about Pat doing career suicide and other hate on Pat videos and those weren't marked the same way. Ask yourself why that is?

Jaybird got mad at people thinking he was in Tommy's back pocket, but he gladly put himself in that spot. It is kind of sad because the way jaybird handled things led a lot of people to look at AA differently. I've had people ask me why I still like AA despite all the Tommy crap and I've tried to explain that I look at it as one mod who did a bad job. The Amico stuff is only a part of the whole site.

I do miss jaybird inferring I'm a horrible person, siding with sock puppet saying my wifes not liking the price is made up, and saying people are thermonuclear butthurt. Hope the guy is okay since I haven't seen him in awhile.

You should ask mrme what his definition of scam is.

Edited by MrBeefy
Adding detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

That's over simplifying the Amico stuff a little much but yeah.

The nuances you have missed over the years would be like how...

There's been lots of bad behaviour all around.  For example, there's this youtuber who was one of the few to have hands on access to the system at that time.  He took down his Amico content due to harassment, although he used stronger words to describe it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrjJ4qDuyM

------------

I have to say that falsely associating my username with those people is very wrong.  I don't know who they are or what they did, nor has anyone asked me to attack any atariage user.  Again these unjustified personal comments are not right.  It is itself harassment.

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

What I remember is that users did get kicked out of the faq thread, that was the special treatment in that thread that didn't happen in others.  They weren't banned from the entire forum, (one was but it was explained).  Those users were free to start other threads in the Amico section and say what they want.   I do remember threads getting locked due to bickering, and I remember comments from the CEO being removed, probably others too, but it usually happened before I had a chance to see it.  It's not unusual for threads to get locked when things get out of line. Even if the thread got locked the criticisms remained. There were lots of other Amico threads that weren't locked with plenty of criticisms and discussion.  A few threads getting locked doesn't mean people were prevented from making critical comments as in the faq thread.  How am I rewriting history.

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

You just described the main problems people have with this project. The money is gone with no accountability, there’s no communication, there’s been zero effort in the last year to address any of it. 

They are a private company, accountability is to the shareholders, so I don't expect them to tell me anything.  If there are regulations with the Fig/Republic revenue share deal then they have to comply.  Otherwise they actually shared a lot with the risk disclosure earlier this year, lots of detailed information there.

Edited by mr_me

Then where did the money go? They haven’t been transparent about that, not about the refund process. It’s unconscionable that there was ever a “refund queue” at all. 

I remember the ArtOfMana thing and how the parties came to an amicable resolution, despite Amico boys like yourself (and @Tommy Tallarico) trying to turn it into a “sorry this happened to you” situation. You can see it play out in the live chat version of the link you posted. The evidence is all there for those who care enough to watch. 

ArtOfMana made an alternative advertisement for Amico with a gentle voiceover, based on what he THOUGHT it would be, based on things he had read from the company, but not based on reality. He got an education in all of Tommy’s lies and exaggerations over the past few years, along with everyone else. 

• Like 4