IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

8 minutes ago, Pink said:

Hey now! Tommy said he totally could've afforded to get the Bomberman license from Konami if he wanted.

Notice how Tommy scratches his nose in the video right as he says that? He' s such a liar! 🤣

Haha yeah I remember that clip of him saying that 😁 It's so ridiculous. "We could have got Bomberman but we went with the phone rip-off version because it's more "fun", oh but I'm still going to try and pretend it's somehow something to do with the official series whenever I can."

He's so full of it it'll never stop being mind-boggling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Haha yeah I remember that clip of him saying that 😁 It's so ridiculous. "We could have got Bomberman but we went with the phone rip-off version because it's more "fun", oh but I'm still going to try and pretend it's somehow something to do with the official series whenever I can."

He's so full of it it'll never stop being mind-boggling.

He also said they'd beat Atari this time. He couldn't make it to the starting line. Atari beat them by simply just existing.

tumblr_ab445967ad7d2c95d2f6d06df35a99ed_d3e38815_500.thumb.png.a0c1c7ed85baed28d9fd986b111aaa3d.png

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Yes, he prefers to work with the "original people", right. 🙄 Also I'm quite sure Bomberman is a bigger license than Centipede, at least.

You mean like the Dalai Lama?

tumblr_1d7451442cbdf45eae85b8164b26bfcb_e9a33bb2_2048.thumb.png.f6711176add88fe1749cb7d26cfeee33.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

tumblr_1d7451442cbdf45eae85b8164b26bfcb_e9a33bb2_2048.thumb.png.f6711176add88fe1749cb7d26cfeee33.png

Wow!  Did not realize standing next to a life size cardboard poster of the Dalia Lama equals “spending some time with him.”

If that’s the criteria, then I “spent a lot of time” with a lot of famous people when I visited the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Wax Museum.

Nah, I’m not going to try to fool people. 

Edited by rayik
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

MrBeefy interviewing Tommy Tallarico - Wouldn't That Be Something?™

MrBeefy-interviewing-Tommy-Tallarico.thumb.png.f011bb9af2ee7eda211a0d532824c67a.png

Tommy tried. I felt no need to spend 3 hours for someone to tell me what my opinions should be, or ignore things he doesn't like. Not to mention I stated my opinion publicly on what I thought and it was overall positive. I'm not into joining cults and don't care about fake celebs. Well I don't really care about real ones either, but definitely not fake ones.

He also wouldn't have liked it if I interrupted him, and asked the questions again (because he wouldn't answer them the first time) or had follow up questions to clarify his vague statements. He would say things in a way that someone would take the answer however they wanted to. Wouldn't it be something?s doesn't get me excited.

It was the worst thing about listening to those Infomercials. You can't call them interviews, because there were no real questions, nor follow up questions, and was just PR from the salesman.

People had a tendency to forget that he is the guy begging you for money. He is only going to say what he wants you to think and not be honest about the bad stuff.

Like how their hardware wasn't ready.... 🙄

tumblr_6dacced732c19c0f8ccda208e16f7748_eaba5ef0_1280.thumb.png.f9ef6dd9b543c2036fc775740e7c926a.png

Peripherals? Pffft. Someone tell me one peripheral made for this non-existent console?

tumblr_d27d7c4926ff08790807f2fcd87ee580_0a6046ab_640.thumb.png.c8569e999127f87610ce60e0241d424a.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, rayik said:

Wow!  Did not realize standing next to a life size cardboard poster of the Dalia Lama equals “spending some time with him.”

If that’s the criteria, then I “spent a lot of time” with a lot of famous people when I visited the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Wax Museum.

Nah, I’m not going to try to fool people. 

Stop spreading MISINFORMATION he was not cardboard. Why do you spread lies?

• Haha 2

On 12/15/2022 at 9:16 AM, Rowsdower70 said:

Yeah, about that...anything you see Elektronite on unfortunately will be overpriced and include LTO encryption on the ROMs.   I don't want to go on too much of a rant about it here, because I know there's some fans of Elektronite products, but I have a very low opinion of the guy.    He actually has a lot in common with Tommy in that he has a deluded sense of self importance and loves to argue on social media.   He was recently in Intellivision homebrew facebook pages spreading misinformation about Backbit products until he got called out as who he was and why he had a vested interest in LTO.   

I've contacted KAI before hoping that he would put his work out without the extra bloat, but I never heard back.

That's too bad.  It's sad that you can't play a modern homebrew because it's not available at all.  There's 40 year old prototypes you can play easily today, but something made just a few years ago is impossible to play. Is piracy of intv homebrews so rampant that it requires them to be locked down with encryption?  seems pretty extreme for the size of the market.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, kevtris said:

That's too bad.  It's sad that you can't play a modern homebrew because it's not available at all.  There's 40 year old prototypes you can play easily today, but something made just a few years ago is impossible to play. Is piracy of intv homebrews so rampant that it requires them to be locked down with encryption?  seems pretty extreme for the size of the market.

No piracy that i know of. 

Its more of DRM than anything.

• Sad 3

53 minutes ago, Rev said:

No piracy that i know of. 

Its more of DRM than anything.

yeah but is DRM really needed for a market with maybe 200 buyers?  They'll buy the carts since that's the whole point of collecting.  In any event it's very effective at keeping new people interested in their games from ever being able to buy/play them.  If you miss out on some forum post made at 3AM on a wednesday you can't get a copy of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Not really "unique" because DuckTales on PS3 did that same crappiness years before amico, but I do believe it's a rarity, at the very least.

Code-in-box downloads are nothing new. You still see a lot of them on Switch because it's a lot cheaper than making cartridges.

The Amico genuinely broke new ground though, in that you only ever got the code because there was no game or console to download it to. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, kevtris said:

yeah but is DRM really needed for a market with maybe 200 buyers?  They'll buy the carts since that's the whole point of collecting. 

Not really. The cart is the DRM. And today it's all about cartridge collecting - which has had something of a small resurgence because they are collectible unlike boxes and codes. Well you can collect boxes and codes but it isn't the same like a cartridge of yesteryear.

1 hour ago, kevtris said:

In any event it's very effective at keeping new people interested in their games from ever being able to buy/play them.  If you miss out on some forum post made at 3AM on a wednesday you can't get a copy of the game.

There's so many games (both modern and retro) it's beyond impossible to keep up with it all. So if something falls by the wayside due to busy-body micro-managed artificial limitations, then so be it. So much other stuff available to play and explore.

Not going to waste my time jumping through hoops or watching for obscure announcements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

Code-in-box downloads are nothing new. You still see a lot of them on Switch because it's a lot cheaper than making cartridges.

The Amico genuinely broke new ground though, in that you only ever got the code because there was no game or console to download it to. 😀

Why didn't you believe Tommy when he told us the physical products would be "cool and unique™️"? 😒

Well, "cool" is debatable I guess. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/15/2022 at 8:10 PM, Pink said:

Hey now! Tommy said he totally could've afforded to get the Bomberman license from Konami if he wanted.

Notice how Tommy scratches his nose in the video right as he says that? He' s such a liar! 🤣

Damn!  Maybe if there was a Guinness World record for blowing smoke, Tommy could win.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He also said they were going to be on SD cards

Which would've made perfect sense and been similar to Switch, at minimal additional expense. But that would require the games be launch ready before they produced 50,000 of these and immediately started selling them and the titles obviously were not. I bet if that had happened we'd be able to at least play some of these titles via PC/Android Emulation since they were generally just Unity packaged APKs or similar.

Originally the physical media was teased as including posters signed by all the developers, too... Which I would've enjoyed a lot more than a token.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rev said:

1. Lol.  Where is all these memes coming from?

2. Can I buy an NFT of these memes?

If I was a liar and phony like Tommy I'd say me. But that wouldn't be true. You can find some great ones here.

https://amicogames.com/archive

No. Unlike the former CEO of Intellivision, I don't want to scam you. Just right click and download away. I could at least make you physical cards that you could use to play a game.

Screenshot_20221217_171545_Drive.thumb.jpg.8a6cf1c6a113875ebdbfbe7cc5dae7b7.jpg

Here are two of the characters, Nahpoleon and PunkNES.

Screenshot_20221217_172943_Drive.thumb.jpg.7931b267ec919477c12aaf5cbae609fc.jpgNahpoleon_Back_Template.thumb.png.3a836868d232d0762a4c78db9b5782c0.png

Screenshot_20221217_173006_Drive.thumb.jpg.146efebac6580de13aad4e6e240d9eb9.jpgPunknes_Back_Template.thumb.png.267327bb87e886ded2593dc7e32e7fe5.png

If you want to check out the story and bios for characters go here. https://amico-games.itch.io/ana-wrasslin

19 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Not really "unique" because DuckTales on PS3 did that same crappiness years before amico, but I do believe it's a rarity, at the very least.

Don't be such a gaming communist.

19 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He lied for years. For years it was touted as physical games, then media. It was only when they wanted to sell that Tommy called it product, and not media or games.

It was a manipulation tactic to get guys sucked in so they would ignore it wasn't actually physical games in any sense beyond a code in a box.

This video is just another one of the thousand cuts showing all he did was lie and not have any plan.

16 hours ago, Matt_B said:

You got a web url to the AmicVoid. Which is where the company is in general.

14 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Why didn't you believe Tommy when he told us the physical products would be "cool and unique™️"? 😒

Well, "cool" is debatable I guess. 😅

Well, he opened his mouth. 

8 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

So...who else has Amico as the top item on their Christmas list? :D

I can't wait to unwrap that sweet, sweet box, am I right?

Well I know people bought them a year ago and gave them as Christmas gifts for their kids. I hope they aren't expecting the console on the 25th.

tumblr_4c96f480a9460b86c24e5d799a0818a0_cfb9c536_1280.thumb.jpg.0e2e7487a91c2c4ba494343c1d0efe91.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Which would've made perfect sense and been similar to Switch, at minimal additional expense. But that would require the games be launch ready before they produced 50,000 of these and immediately started selling them and the titles obviously were not. I bet if that had happened we'd be able to at least play some of these titles via PC/Android Emulation since they were generally just Unity packaged APKs or similar.

Originally the physical media was teased as including posters signed by all the developers, too... Which I would've enjoyed a lot more than a token.

Nah nothing beats a full set of Oof tokens. One of a kind won't ever be minted again!

tumblr_38181ff39bc170ddf6f6cbbde6b08e3d_f36870d4_1280.thumb.png.591304b0a0f58b418cb0c2556aec50b5.png

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

That currently does jack, which is even more embarassing.   All those useless boxes of cardboard collecting dust forever. 

No they are biodegradable. I can't wait for them to break down and the only evidence remaining will be oof tokens and rfid cards.

• Haha 4