IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

57 minutes ago, Rev said:

It left out how they have FCC certs because some guy said they didn't pass them, hope they fixed it, and never did the testing again.

Amateurish.

So who believes the FB group post? I think the part about canceling could be true. The announcing of leaking information is what sounds weird to me about it. If it is real it would be fun to read about some of the juicier stuff.

tumblr_e11dc1c74aeb22ffbe61dc7f2371a712_801ef230_1280.thumb.png.9d0d4aeaa5bc24633228e5f83f7b50b7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Man oh man I keep looking at that box and thinking maybe, just maybe, this one time in my life I can open a gift early. I know it's totally going to be worth it in every way!!!

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

It will be everything you hoped it was and more. Don't listen to those haters. They know nothing and don't have the DATA.

tumblr_9268a2d756513c473f9898c1386cefcd_904ac70c_500.gif.19b223026fe2bba677c2da690cf3d8cc.gif

• Haha 3

I wonder if this is going to lead to a little jump in their boxed game sales?

I'd guess that there are already too many in circulation to qualify as rare or valuable. Still, maybe some folks will want a little "momentico" ornament, for their shelves. 

Edited by Tommy2D

42 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

It will be everything you hoped it was and more. Don't listen to those haters. They know nothing and don't have the DATA.

tumblr_9268a2d756513c473f9898c1386cefcd_904ac70c_500.gif.19b223026fe2bba677c2da690cf3d8cc.gif

This is funny but it would be more accurate if the 3.1B casual gamers and soccer moms were somewhere off screen, with zero knowledges of the "Trials of Tallarico". 

18 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

This is funny but it would be more accurate if the 3.1B casual gamers and soccer moms were somewhere off screen, with zero knowledges of the "Trials of Tallarico". 

Then it would be called Tom takes on hater with a kajillion fake alt accounts.

tumblr_13e5d175c49fdd5ad0106b3958b40b47_3ff4b748_400.gif.4c05a75221b7001181ec078ab5e9608b.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

How do toddlers count days in your country? In mine they count the number of remaining sleeps (or "dodos" as they say).

"Sleeps" as a definite quantity always makes me smile.  I will have 3 sleeps, please. 

Side note: "Metro-Boulot-Dodo" is such a soul crushing concept.  On the plus side, it's an excellent rhyme and the starting point for most modern-day adventure stories. 

If Tommy-T were still around, I'd say: "Hey, speaking of French rhymes... Could IE partner with Michel Ancel for a new Rayman adventure?".  

That would be something! 

METRO BOULOT DODO yellow" Sticker for Sale by sheake | Redbubble

• Like 2

We all know this, but it may not of been pointed out so direct….

The Amico has now missed 3 busy worldwide holiday shopping seasons. 2020, 2021, 2022.   😳 

But alas, its all blamed on Covid and haters. 

And here we are with the 3rd or 4th version of Evercade?   Go figure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Rev said:

The Amico has now missed 3 busy worldwide holiday shopping seasons. 2020, 2021, 2022.   😳 

Tommy probably made the Evercade heist to get some missing chips. 🤪

Covid didn't kill Amico. What killed Amico was an iffy idea at best, that was horribly executed by a bunch of idiots.

Speaking of stupid blame games. Any reason anyone can think that Nick Richards said this?

tumblr_c887a70e2284c22c77bfceb9ccafdeba_d401d137_640.thumb.png.19f093e085825c2c3f9dbf0bd200b2c6.png

The psycho was more of a fan from his posts. 

Screenshot_20221223_171923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.53391b8a38424a2af5ce8dc479622ac8.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_172017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a9f71df14f9a91eb38977f0c6fb44d0.jpg

And iirc Tommy was also in the same production with said guy. If my memory serves me there were others trying to boycott it or refused to be in the video with rjchamp3, but Tommy did it anyway. Maybe Tommy was friends with him and this was Nick's way to try and distance Tommy from it?

He looked more like a fan/console positive than a hater of Amico who went bat shit crazy. If anyone can find any posts from that POS that sounds negative at all towards Amico post them here. I would love to correct myself if wrong.

I've watched a bunch of this over the years. I've seen Tommy's wife called a slut once on YT, which I spoke out against. I never saw one death threat. Even the thing Nick Richards posted on reddit wasn't a death threat (it was nasty but a crisis team was not needed).

It seems more likely that Tommy was friends with that guy then he went psychotic and did what he did.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Speaking of stupid blame games. Any reason anyone can think that Nick Richards said this?

For anyone who may be unaware: based on the incident he's describing, it sounds as though he's referring to Rudy J. Ferretti.

If I had to guess, it was an attempt at deflecting blame for their failures onto someone who was dead and therefore couldn't refute the claims.  Having said that, given Ferretti's history, it's not totally unbelievable that he may have done exactly what Richards is claiming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Rev said:

I just don't get all the wheelspinning being done in these kinds of projects. Talking and blowing hot air and burning through time.. 2020, 2021, 2022, that's as long as an early 80's console's time on market! And nothing seems to get done. We'd never have had a videogame industry if the pioneering guys did these shenanigans or took this long..

We've gone through 2 generations of Intel microprocessors and all the major emulators have seen updates. And that's all I need for classic computing and vintage gaming nowadays. Woot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TOMORROW!

I know we've all been watching the interviews, the sneak peeks, the presentations, and all the marketing a million times to prep, but it's ALMOST HERE!

TOMORROW all the haters are proven wrong!

TOMORROW all the losers and internet trolls and jerks have to eat crow!

TOMORROW that box gets opened and we all get to play the day away on our favorite Amico titles!

TOMORROW we get to see the joy on the faces of THREE BILLION PEOPLE who have been waiting!

TOMORROW will be Phil and Tommy's victory speech just like the president in Independence Day!

TOMORROW!

Carol Burnett Annie GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

For anyone who may be unaware: based on the incident he's describing, it sounds as though he's referring to Rudy J. Ferretti.

If I had to guess, it was an attempt at deflecting blame for their failures onto someone who was dead and therefore couldn't refute the claims.  Having said that, given Ferretti's history, it's not totally unbelievable that he may have done exactly what Richards is claiming.

Yeah. I think it's trying to make it seem like anyone who said anything critical or was labeled a hater was like that.

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I've just realized Nick Richards also mentions this "anonymous activist in the UK" and I'd really like to know, years later, who the f they were referring to. I know "haters" from Germany and Canada but I have no clue who that could be.

There is no UK activist. Like their Karma Engine it's probably made up BS. Nick is like the rest of them. The "death threat" he posted wasn't even a death threat. It was a nasty comment, but still not a death threat.

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

TOMORROW!

I know we've all been watching the interviews, the sneak peeks, the presentations, and all the marketing a million times to prep, but it's ALMOST HERE!

TOMORROW all the haters are proven wrong!

TOMORROW all the losers and internet trolls and jerks have to eat crow!

TOMORROW that box gets opened and we all get to play the day away on our favorite Amico titles!

TOMORROW we get to see the joy on the faces of THREE BILLION PEOPLE who have been waiting!

TOMORROW will be Phil and Tommy's victory speech just like the president in Independence Day!

TOMORROW!

Carol Burnett Annie GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

I can feel it!

facebook_1671888713021_7012409516581899921.thumb.jpg.1214b837c06a89876c9ada3facb9161e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hbomberguy posted this on his Patreon...

Since I forgot to post about it here, as you probably saw, the Oof video went up for everyone else. It has, uh, exploded, in a way I wasn't fully prepared for. As a result, a lot of people have reached out with more stories and interesting notes. Somewhat shockingly, upon a close fact-checking by knowledgeable parties, my main mistake appears to have been giving Tommy too much credit. I don't normally do follow-up videos but one feels inevitable for this. I'm going to put it off for a little bit, just to make sure Tommy has time to respond if he wants to (or if he can, lol).

BdkcGHM.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1