IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 12/28/2022 at 11:48 AM, MrBeefy said:

I watched a lot of Tommy videos and his answers would change frequently. An example is how the amount and type of pack in games changed quite a bit. He went from all OG games included, to 7 games, 5 games, 6 games, to we could put 8 on there Wouldn't That Be Something.

I think you cracked the code. "Wouldn't that be something" really meant we will take your money and give you nothing in return! It makes sense if you say that in the context every time TT said it...

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wonder if IE ever considered just buying an off-the-shelf Android box, loading up whatever games they had finished and calling it a day.  

Sadly, I don't think that they would have the resources available to pull that off, at this point.  Maybe they can wrap up the saga with one of those classic shirts that says: "I pre-ordered the Intellivision Amico but all that I got was this lousy t-shirt!". 

image.thumb.png.ccda058053c22e1ec7cec40ed6d01ead.png

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Tommy2D said:

I wonder if IE ever considered just buying an off-the-shelf Android box, loading up whatever games they had finished and calling it a day.  

Sadly, I don't think that they would have the resources available to pull that off, at this point.  Maybe they can wrap up the saga with one of those classic shirts that says: "I pre-ordered the Intellivision Amico but all that I got was this lousy t-shirt!". 

Funny because that was their original design...THE PRISM! 🤣

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

The thought of being compelled not to declare bankruptcy seems pretty draconian but I'm not shocked to see that it's a grey area. 

I'm not a lawyer either, but bankruptcy is forgiveness of debts. They need to show that their business losses were real, and that the remaining assets are divided equally. I suspect the company officers who put money into the Amico would like to limit their damage as much as possible? Some of them have already collected a lot of interest from their loans to themselves. This is from Reddit:

image.png.87c36702a04160f5a01905941e85162e.png

13 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

That's specifically because of Weinstein. He repeatedly harassed actresses but because their contracts included arbitration clauses AND water-tight NDAs that would mean extreme damages if they reported anything, none of them could report the decades of abuse. It took an act of Congress to finally make this practice (which was common in Hollywood for decades) expressly illegal.

There's something to be said for freedom of contract, and that in itself is a fundamental right as well, so it's a tough call from a purely legal perspective.

Arbitration can speed things along and make it cheaper to resolve disputes, but it can also disproportionately favor big businesses with more resources than individual citizens for hiring lawyers. I've seen it used as both a sword and a shield. 

13 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Not to go too off topic, but I candidly doubt it. The game industry has never had a consolidated power player or players with the sheer financial wherewithal to force such "take it or leave it" terms on others. This is partially tainted by my opinion regarding certain potentially false allegations from a specific game "journalist" which triggered some really nasty movements, but that's delving into rule breaking territory.

Some have said that's why they need to unionize. That's probably too political for this forum. 

11 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Bringing this back to Amico...

DJC is planning to host ANOTHER weekly Amico show, in 2023.  He said that it will start once IE announces a new system release date. 

I guess that will be the start of the Amico Mafia's victory lap. 

image.thumb.png.82cc4763442e3b0979b3596b72131ddc.png

That infinity symbol looks like Mattel Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash (old 1970s toy), which looks like Intellivision Amico Sideswipers (unreleased, title uncertain). Coincidence or not, there's plenty of potential for car crashes there.

10 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Well there goes a 2nd Christmas without an Amico for the children.   These poor kids got new phones, tablets, PS5/SeriesX/Switch instead, which is a travesty! 

"They're expensive, they're violent, they're solitary ..."

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

He did promise "legal incoming" once upon a time, I believe.   

"Legal incoming. Enjoy." 

E5FGZRvVgAAXcP9.thumb.jpeg.e157edc1b8dd0bcf5e5dd0d4685f928e.jpeg

via https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1409985561020956672

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Regarding the lease agreement:   I think it was all part of Tommy's CEO costume.   For him it was like renting a tux.   He really wanted to put out those videos massaging his ego and showing off his fancy office, and that required him to go out and rent a tux.   

I think it really comes down to this. He really seemed more into making himself look like a big boy than making big boy decisions.

42 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

I think you cracked the code. "Wouldn't that be something" really meant we will take your money and give you nothing in return! It makes sense if you say that in the context every time TT said it...

No it means you are evil and WANT TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THEY ARE TRUING TO DO. WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO MISINFORMATION FROM LYING PEOPLE WHO HATE FAMILY GAMING!

For suggesting such a thing you will go into the hater folder.

But yeah seriously, it was a manipulation tactic that seemed everyone got "excited" about when he said it. There is a reason these half assed to scam consoles keep getting made. People buy a name, not quality when it comes to nostalgia.

Now you have people in the area of... well if I lose money it's just $100. Which is just encouraging the next snake oil guy to come take more money.

Can't wait when Tommy comes back wanting to do a new Vectrex and people start creaming themselves again. Tommy's goal here at AA was to self old men their childhood and get them to attack anyone reasonable who you know wanted to discuss things without the snake oil salesman making stuff up and telling you how your opinion is wrong.

33 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

It basically is just an off the shelf board. The only things fancy about it is the unnecessary crap they added which raised the price. 

That and their crappy controllers. They could have saved on that too by keeping it like a NES pad.

Despite what others will try to convince you, Spades and Poker will not be system sellers and require the screen. Also that would ignore they made an app which could have been used for such games.

The touchscreen on the controller is a button most of the games. If it isn't a button then it's an analogue stick.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Now you have people in the area of... well if I lose money it's just $100. Which is just encouraging the next snake oil guy to come take more money.

I've seen a few former Amicites with this attitude, which is just their way of saying they are too much of a coward to admit they were duped.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Minds would be blown within the Amico cult if they saw what you could already do with a $50 Android box.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

I've seen a few former Amicites with this attitude, which is just their way of saying they are too much of a coward to admit they were duped.   

Oh totally. They should still demand their money back. Letting them/not asking for the money is just approving of what they are doing/done.

People need to wake up some and stop paying for people not delivering. That just leaves the door open for the next one. The investors are probably screwed.

The people who put down $100 were told by a lying moron of a CEO that those were 100% refundable. If they don't want their $100 I could help them find a charity or two to give it to than some innept lying morons. 

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I was duped and completely fooled.

I trusted the guy. I fucked up,and I admit it. My bad!

I think most everyone thought it would release. I don't think everyone thought it would be successful. I do find it funny how people didn't want people to say anything beyond praise and stroking off the CEO, and now don't want people to talk about it after it was obvious they got suckered and are doing the walk of shame back from the Ferarri.

TBF I do think almost everyone gave the CEO and the company more credit than they deserved and were fooled in some amount.

17 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

Minds would be blown within the Amico cult if they saw what you could already do with a $50 Android box.

Swiss cheese brains, jaws dropping, and rap music dances galore.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:32 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Not to go too off topic, but I candidly doubt it. The game industry has never had a consolidated power player or players with the sheer financial wherewithal to force such "take it or leave it" terms on others. ...

And yet Microsoft wants to acquire Activision Blizzard,  so...

(Sorry,  I digress)

11 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Oh totally. They should still demand their money back. Letting them/not asking for the money is just approving of what they are doing/done.

People need to wake up some and stop paying for people not delivering. That just leaves the door open for the next one. The investors are probably screwed.

The people who put down $100 were told by a lying moron of a CEO that those were 100% refundable. If they don't want their $100 I could help them find a charity or two to give it to than some innept lying morons. 

I'm still in that private Amico Facebook group lurking and not only that, but I've seen quite a few of those people over the past several months dating back to at least the Start Engine campaign days, that were belittling the ones that have been asking for their money back and criticizing their financial situation making fun of how they must be seriously poor if losing $100 is a big deal to them.

And on top of that, some of them have gone ever further trying to make them feel guilty because Intellivision is in such dire financial straits and needs all the help they can get and if you ask for a refund, you're just making it more & more difficult for Intellivision to get the Amico released & out the door.

I have to say that calling them a cult is quite fitting.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pink said:

I'm still in that private Amico Facebook group lurking and not only that, but I've seen quite a few of those people over the past several months dating back to at least the Start Engine campaign days, that were belittling the ones that have been asking for their money back and criticizing their financial situation making fun of how they must be seriously poor if losing $100 is a big deal to them.

And on top of that, some of them have gone ever further trying to make them feel guilty because Intellivision is in such dire financial straits and needs all the help they can get and if you ask for a refund, you're just making it more & more difficult for Intellivision to get the Amico released & out the door.

I have to say that calling them a cult is quite fitting.

Oh it's a cult 100%. Cults don't have to be religious in nature, have tainted kool-aid, or waiting on the Mothership.

Here is a link to Oprah where I will try and simplify it down to Amico. https://www.oprahdaily.com/life/relationships-love/a33648485/signs-of-a-cult/

Section: A destructive cult is dishonest from the beginning. - So the idea that they lie from the beginning about true intentions, through outright lies, withholding information, or distorting vital information. Hindsight shows there were lies about how far along they were. The CEO wanted you to think he was giving you a special behind the scenes look (giving you a free lunch) while the goal was to get you to sign up and give them money.

Know the warning signs of a cult to watch out for - They mention the BITE model. "With mind control cults, there’s that hook," Hassan says. "You think you’re going to improve your life, or save children—who wouldn’t want to save the children? Saving family gaming is great right!? 

Behavior Control

- A group member dictates where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates with, or isolates them from others. You can see in both the AA thread, Reddit and on the FB group that you are not to talk to those who didn't believe everything the CEO proclaimed. This is where ban lists and blacklists for podcasts were given. I know he told employees and shills alike to stop being friends with people they had been friends with for years prior to Amico. "You shouldn't talk with that guy. He's bad news."

-They practice financial exploitation, manipulation or dependence. Get in early on the Founder's Edition the price will probably go up and you will miss out on getting in early.

-They impose rigid rules and regulations.
Information control.
Hey don't listen to that long hair or curly hair guy. You should listen to this YT video! It has great information! Not to mention secret meetings like how to spin the SEC doc to the public during StartEngine.

-They practice deception (by deliberately withholding or distorting information, and/or lying). Many times Tommy said they had a % of a chance to hit dates when it was really 0. Being on the launchpad. Firmware engineers were not about the console despite that being part of the listing. We won't do crowdfunding, it is 100% refundable, I mean there's a bunch there.

- They minimize or discourage access to non-cult sources of information (TV, internet, former members, and so on). Touched on this earlier. Don't listen to XYZ, they want to destroy us because they are a fanboy of Switch or whatever dumb thing he'd say.

-They make extensive use of cult-generated information and propaganda (YouTube, newsletters, movies and other media). Look at all the great things these guys say! Look at how all these comments are positive (currated). 

Thought control

- They require members to internalize the group's doctrine as truth (black-and-white, good vs evil thinking). You either believe in bringing back family gaming as we present it. OR you want to destroy us. There is no room for you to want them to be successful and think they are making bad choices. I have the DATA. Please leave this thread because you are asking questions and thinking is evil. This is also why people like mr_me doesn't disapprove of other forum members trying to exploit my child's pictures. Their actions are for "good" because Amico means good and anyone who speaks out against it is evil, and anything done to them is done in righteousness.

-They change a person's name and identity. Didn't some members change their name here? Then there were examples like the Amico Kid.

-They use loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts, and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words. Oh dear where to start on this one. Lots of data, industry experience, and buzz words used. If you would try to talk about something, "they have the data to disprove it", but not show the data. 

Emotional control

- They make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault. This happened to the shills a lot and was blatantly obvious when Smash and Bro started to talk out against Amico. Tommy blamed them and took no accountability on how he kept lying to them.

- They instill fear, such as fear of the outside world, enemies, leaving or being shunned by the group. Don't talk with Beefy, TonyTGD, Pat and Ian, etc. There's a reason I never outed the employee who was caught astroturfing. I knew they got a butt chewing for just being cordial to talking to "outsiders" previously. I didn't want the person to get fired. It wasn't that they talked specifically because they talked with the shills. It was specifically who they talked to. 

Do your research.
Be wary of any group that can't give you straight answers to questions, telling you you'll learn more after giving/paying for/achieving something. Only by coming to my house, or riding in my Ferrari will you gain enlightenment and understand what we are doing. Come play at my house Pat! Talk to me and let me do a 3 hour infomercial! I can make your channel grow!

Ask for the proof.
Another common cult tactic, Hassan says, is to deflect skepticism over their beliefs by placing the burden of proof on others to disprove it. He really showed nothing to support the 3.2 billion people would be interested in the console. He is an idiot and thinks correlation is causation and makes a lot of co founding leaps. He claimed to be the expert. The burden is on him to pump out a console and prove his claims. Oh wait there is no console and the current CEO admitted if they released they'd have to close up. If something is legit it will stand up to scrutiny. It wasn't legit so thats why he and his cult would attack anyone who thought for themselves.

Fact-check the cult leader.

I mean there is so much there. It's fascinating from a psychological and sociological perspective. If you want to read about it yourself you can download the full thread here and read about it.

https://archive.org/details/atariage.com

Not only is this the complete Q&A and I think more complete than that online webpage, but also has other Amico threads like mine as well. Enjoy the reading for those new to this. Might be good information for anyone wanting to write a book.

Have an Amico day everyone!

unknown-2.thumb.png.3f1f80cb746ac3cbcecfbdd23fa9042e.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

I never noticed these reaction videos, from the official Intellivision account, before now. 

I guess that being featured in these videos was the big payoff for all of their hard work. 

The positive side of those videos is without them I would have never found the Mighty Lavon Cason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Oh it's a cult 100%. Cults don't have to be religious in nature, have tainted kool-aid, or waiting on the Mothership.

Here is a link to Oprah where I will try and simplify it down to Amico. https://www.oprahdaily.com/life/relationships-love/a33648485/signs-of-a-cult/

Section: A destructive cult is dishonest from the beginning. - So the idea that they lie from the beginning about true intentions, through outright lies, withholding information, or distorting vital information. Hindsight shows there were lies about how far along they were. The CEO wanted you to think he was giving you a special behind the scenes look (giving you a free lunch) while the goal was to get you to sign up and give them money.

Know the warning signs of a cult to watch out for - They mention the BITE model. "With mind control cults, there’s that hook," Hassan says. "You think you’re going to improve your life, or save children—who wouldn’t want to save the children? Saving family gaming is great right!? 

Behavior Control

- A group member dictates where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates with, or isolates them from others. You can see in both the AA thread, Reddit and on the FB group that you are not to talk to those who didn't believe everything the CEO proclaimed. This is where ban lists and blacklists for podcasts were given. I know he told employees and shills alike to stop being friends with people they had been friends with for years prior to Amico. "You shouldn't talk with that guy. He's bad news."

-They practice financial exploitation, manipulation or dependence. Get in early on the Founder's Edition the price will probably go up and you will miss out on getting in early.

-They impose rigid rules and regulations.
Information control.
Hey don't listen to that long hair or curly hair guy. You should listen to this YT video! It has great information! Not to mention secret meetings like how to spin the SEC doc to the public during StartEngine.

-They practice deception (by deliberately withholding or distorting information, and/or lying). Many times Tommy said they had a % of a chance to hit dates when it was really 0. Being on the launchpad. Firmware engineers were not about the console despite that being part of the listing. We won't do crowdfunding, it is 100% refundable, I mean there's a bunch there.

- They minimize or discourage access to non-cult sources of information (TV, internet, former members, and so on). Touched on this earlier. Don't listen to XYZ, they want to destroy us because they are a fanboy of Switch or whatever dumb thing he'd say.

-They make extensive use of cult-generated information and propaganda (YouTube, newsletters, movies and other media). Look at all the great things these guys say! Look at how all these comments are positive (currated). 

Thought control

- They require members to internalize the group's doctrine as truth (black-and-white, good vs evil thinking). You either believe in bringing back family gaming as we present it. OR you want to destroy us. There is no room for you to want them to be successful and think they are making bad choices. I have the DATA. Please leave this thread because you are asking questions and thinking is evil. This is also why people like mr_me doesn't disapprove of other forum members trying to exploit my child's pictures. Their actions are for "good" because Amico means good and anyone who speaks out against it is evil, and anything done to them is done in righteousness.

-They change a person's name and identity. Didn't some members change their name here? Then there were examples like the Amico Kid.

-They use loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts, and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words. Oh dear where to start on this one. Lots of data, industry experience, and buzz words used. If you would try to talk about something, "they have the data to disprove it", but not show the data. 

Emotional control

- They make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault. This happened to the shills a lot and was blatantly obvious when Smash and Bro started to talk out against Amico. Tommy blamed them and took no accountability on how he kept lying to them.

- They instill fear, such as fear of the outside world, enemies, leaving or being shunned by the group. Don't talk with Beefy, TonyTGD, Pat and Ian, etc. There's a reason I never outed the employee who was caught astroturfing. I knew they got a butt chewing for just being cordial to talking to "outsiders" previously. I didn't want the person to get fired. It wasn't that they talked specifically because they talked with the shills. It was specifically who they talked to. 

Do your research.
Be wary of any group that can't give you straight answers to questions, telling you you'll learn more after giving/paying for/achieving something. Only by coming to my house, or riding in my Ferrari will you gain enlightenment and understand what we are doing. Come play at my house Pat! Talk to me and let me do a 3 hour infomercial! I can make your channel grow!

Ask for the proof.
Another common cult tactic, Hassan says, is to deflect skepticism over their beliefs by placing the burden of proof on others to disprove it. He really showed nothing to support the 3.2 billion people would be interested in the console. He is an idiot and thinks correlation is causation and makes a lot of co founding leaps. He claimed to be the expert. The burden is on him to pump out a console and prove his claims. Oh wait there is no console and the current CEO admitted if they released they'd have to close up. If something is legit it will stand up to scrutiny. It wasn't legit so thats why he and his cult would attack anyone who thought for themselves.

Fact-check the cult leader.

I mean there is so much there. It's fascinating from a psychological and sociological perspective. If you want to read about it yourself you can download the full thread here and read about it.

https://archive.org/details/atariage.com

Not only is this the complete Q&A and I think more complete than that online webpage, but also has other Amico threads like mine as well. Enjoy the reading for those new to this. Might be good information for anyone wanting to write a book.

Have an Amico day everyone!

unknown-2.thumb.png.3f1f80cb746ac3cbcecfbdd23fa9042e.png

Simple theory is that all the behavior you discuss and office window dressing was just to keep the money coming in so they could make as much money as possible regardless of whether a console was released. 

• Like 3

I love reaction videos because they're so painfully and obviously fake - when have you ever seen someone openly face-gape in connection with anything other than a major life changing event in reality? Can't say I ever have.

The fact they keep getting airtime in our culture just goes to show Idiocracy is real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pink said:

Mike "I love you Tommy" Mullis said that on a stream earlier this year. He said that the more money that goes into giving people their refunds makes him getting his Amico less likely, and his preference lies with the latter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I love reaction videos because they're so painfully and obviously fake - when have you ever seen someone openly face-gape in connection with anything other than a major life changing event in reality? Can't say I ever have.

The fact they keep getting airtime in our culture just goes to show Idiocracy is real.

Happy Man City GIF by Manchester City

When I watched Rambo: Last Blood in theaters, there were only 6 people total (I think) in there.    And the way this once couple acted throughout half the movie, you'd think they were filming a reaction video.  Was quite annoying.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Happy Man City GIF by Manchester City

When I watched Rambo: Last Blood in theaters, there were only 6 people total (I think) in there.    And the way this once couple acted throughout half the movie, you'd think they were filming a reaction video.  Was quite annoying.

Ah yes, sporting events are an exception, good call. But "reveals features of chunk of plastic"? I think not.

• Like 2