IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

I stand corrected. Mrme is correct they have FCC certs like he heard from some friendly company person.

amico_back_fake_fcc_sticker.thumb.jpg.4a55da90bef57ae2db1a24c07ba35e40.jpgback_of_controller_fake_fcc_sticker.thumb.jpg.d5d2d3a68147c9a317ab011e53b922f2.jpg

It just so happens that with these FCC certs the F stands for Fake. 🤣

They fixed the spelling error on their insert.

amico_quick_start_guide.thumb.jpg.c66ab7fead3bd78cdc205bbcf13c731f.jpg

It must be really sad to be a company whose small victories are spelling your company name correctly. BUT DON'T WORRY! The link to their instruction guide leads to this! 

Screenshot_20230617_191352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a902995c52a394490d609ee95a125f98.jpg

🤣🤣🤣 Instructions like the units in 3.2 billion people's households are MIA.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I stand corrected. Mrme is correct they have FCC certs like he heard from some friendly company person.

amico_back_fake_fcc_sticker.thumb.jpg.4a55da90bef57ae2db1a24c07ba35e40.jpgback_of_controller_fake_fcc_sticker.thumb.jpg.d5d2d3a68147c9a317ab011e53b922f2.jpg

It just so happens that with these FCC certs the F stands for Fake. 🤣

They fixed the spelling error on their insert.

It must be really sad to be a company whose small victories are spelling your company name correctly. BUT DON'T WORRY! The link to their instruction guide leads to this! 

Screenshot_20230617_191352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a902995c52a394490d609ee95a125f98.jpg

🤣🤣🤣 Instructions like the units in 3.2 billion people's households are MIA.

Interesting those do not have UL on the stickers.  Also no individual serial numbers, yet passing off the fake unboxing as real. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It just so happens that with these FCC certs the F stands for Fake.

I remember conversations from the testers in certain live streams where people asked about the FCC/stickers and were told yes, they are FCC cleared. John/Phil seemed in agreeance to this when Mike had asked them last year. I always said it'd be easy to verify the FCC status by inputting the FCC ID from those stickers into the database, to see if maybe they had been filed under a different entity than Intellivision as some speculated.

I'm not seeing much a match for any of those IDs or any possible variants 😜

image.thumb.png.1c99d2904a3fb0880d34745fd94c7abf.png

image.thumb.png.b855b6e0980ad3361d1e65ae728623b4.png

(Edit - And no, it's not permissible to use FCC's logo like this, same for the others generally: "In order to be able to use the FCC symbol shown in FCC 15.19(b), the equipment must qualify for Supplier's Declaration of Conformity (SDoC), formerly DoC in accordance with 15.101. Devices not qualifying for DoC are not permitted to apply the FCC symbol.")

We also see a sudden lack of featured partners compared to John's unboxing.

image.thumb.png.13a28482726859aff61da09a4c205f9b.png

image.png.4a9514e799bda5b27221d7620e2a7966.png

Edited by MattPilz
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

No, the engineer that was answering questions on reddit last year indicated that they did not submit for fcc certification.

Labels on a prototype do not mean it has those certifications.  However, the labels need to be there on a pre-production prototype because that's what they would be giving a manufacturer to replicate and the consumer units would be required to have them.

4 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

I remember conversations from the testers in certain live streams where people asked about the FCC/stickers and were told yes, they are FCC cleared. John/Phil seemed in agreeance to this when Mike had asked them to attest to this last year. I always said it'd be easy to verify the FCC status by inputting the FCC ID from those stickers into the database, to see if maybe they had been filed under a different entity than Intellivision as some speculated.

They could have meant that their prototype is compliant with fcc rf emissions requirements.  That doesn't mean they have fcc certification.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They could have meant that their prototype is compliant with fcc rf emissions requirements.

Objection: Calls for speculation. 👨‍⚖️

Again, at 45:33 of this interview...

Mike: This is listed on the StartEngine. The hardware, as it sits right now, is ready to go. Ready to ship.

John: Yes.

Mike: Finalized. FCC. All the nonsense California has to jump you through.

John. Right.

Mike: You could, if all things were the way you wanted to do [pending manufacturing], you could start shipping these.

John: Yes.

The FCC clearance is supposed to happen before any product is distributed within the United States, whether sold or given away. I would consider the three non-Intellivision individuals who now have Amicos and are using them for general game playing and public showing to be a distribution of this currently non-FCC approved product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It should actually look like this ......

amico_quick_start_guide.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

No, the engineer that was answering questions on reddit last year indicated that they did not submit for fcc certification.

Labels on a prototype do not mean it has those certifications.  However, the labels need to be there on a pre-production prototype because that's what they would be giving a manufacturer to replicate and the consumer units would be required to have them.

They could have meant that their prototype is compliant with fcc rf emissions requirements.  That doesn't mean they have fcc certification.

If a product bears the official FCC logo on its label, it is required to have undergone FCC certification. The use of the FCC logo is regulated by the FCC, and it is illegal to display the logo on a product without proper certification.

The FCC has specific rules regarding the use of its logo, and unauthorized use can result in enforcement actions and penalties. The FCC logo serves as a mark of compliance and assurance that the product has met the FCC's technical standards and regulations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Also, no, a prototype device should not have an FCC-compliant label on it if it has not passed FCC compliance testing. The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) requires that electronic devices meet specific standards and regulations to ensure they do not cause harmful interference to other devices and comply with other relevant regulations.

(couldn't edit original so you guys get two posts. you're welcome, lol)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

If a product bears the official FCC logo on its label, it is required to have undergone FCC certification. The use of the FCC logo is regulated by the FCC, and it is illegal to display the logo on a product without proper certification.

The FCC has specific rules regarding the use of its logo, and unauthorized use can result in enforcement actions and penalties. The FCC logo serves as a mark of compliance and assurance that the product has met the FCC's technical standards and regulations.

Doesnt all consumer electronics have to be UL certified? And have that logo?   

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

You are correct, the FCC is not passed. 

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I remember conversations from the testers in certain live streams where people asked about the FCC/stickers and were told yes, they are FCC cleared. John/Phil seemed in agreeance to this when Mike had asked them last year. I always said it'd be easy to verify the FCC status by inputting the FCC ID from those stickers into the database, to see if maybe they had been filed under a different entity than Intellivision as some speculated.

I'm not seeing much a match for any of those IDs or any possible variants 😜

image.thumb.png.1c99d2904a3fb0880d34745fd94c7abf.png

image.thumb.png.b855b6e0980ad3361d1e65ae728623b4.png

(Edit - And no, it's not permissible to use FCC's logo like this, same for the others generally: "In order to be able to use the FCC symbol shown in FCC 15.19(b), the equipment must qualify for Supplier's Declaration of Conformity (SDoC), formerly DoC in accordance with 15.101. Devices not qualifying for DoC are not permitted to apply the FCC symbol.")

We also see a sudden lack of featured partners compared to John's unboxing.

image.thumb.png.13a28482726859aff61da09a4c205f9b.png

image.png.4a9514e799bda5b27221d7620e2a7966.png

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew there would be at least one idiot here and elsewhere acting like it's okay to use the sticker when they don't have the certs.

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

The FCC clearance is supposed to happen before any product is distributed within the United States, whether sold or given away. I would consider the three non-Intellivision individuals who now have Amicos and are using them for general game playing and public showing to be a distribution of this currently non-FCC approved product.

Yup and it is still a fake sticker because if those units did have FCC certs they would be using a none fake FCC number. Some idiots just have to carry water hard for their Intellivision saviors. :D

6 hours ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Hot Wheels, Crayola, and I think it was Harlem Globetrotters. Although I suspect the remaining ones are gone by now too.

Globetrotters is still on the box. I doubt they can use those logos without games attached. MLB might not like looking like they are part of this charade when all they got was money to license a game. Same with the others.

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

BEEP BOOP!

Also some other fun tidbits.

These pictures suggest the console and controllers should be woodgrain (when clearly they are not). Yellow highlight.

Screenshot_20230618_075045_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cabc2220a0201d2d9ce7c03f9950f6ee.jpg

Not to mention in TRUE Intellivision style they misspelled Nuremberg. (Red highlight).

Also they list the HDMI logo on the console. That isn't allowed either since they don't have that updated. 

Unless some idiot talked to a unicorn who told them they had paid for the hdmi and magically have it despite their website saying otherwise. Beep boop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230618_075045_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cabc2220a0201d2d9ce7c03f9950f6ee.jpg

Not to mention in TRUE Intellivision style they misspelled Nuremberg. (Red highlight).

Also they list the HDMI logo on the console. That isn't allowed either since they don't have that updated. 

Unless some idiot talked to a unicorn who told them they had paid for the hdmi and magically have it despite their website saying otherwise. Beep boop.

Thats how you spell Nuremberg in Italian. Better luck next time Beefy!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

This is so far from true that it rivals your “how corporate boards work” comment for complete ignorance of reality. There is no universe where doing fake FCC stickers and fake product codes on their products is legally okay (the “pretending” defense wouldn’t fly). What field do you work in that gives you the right to say this with so much authority? For reference, a screenshot from FCC’s instructions. Note it doesn’t say anything about fake stickers to use on “pre production” runs.

F66EE525-3FE9-485D-94B7-A762AD936AF2.png

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thats how you spell Nuremberg in Italian. Better luck next time Beefy!

IT'S A DOUBLE ENTENDRE! CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE!

40 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

This is so far from true that it rivals your “how corporate boards work” comment for complete ignorance of reality. There is no universe where doing fake FCC stickers and fake product codes on their products is legally okay (the “pretending” defense wouldn’t fly). What field do you work in that gives you the right to say this with so much authority? For reference, a screenshot from FCC’s instructions. Note it doesn’t say anything about fake stickers to use on “pre production” runs.

F66EE525-3FE9-485D-94B7-A762AD936AF2.png

Well when you have the idiots, being led by idiots, you just have a whole bunch of idiocy. Beep boop. I mean it is pretty obvious these guys saw a fake sticker and it blew their mind to jaw dropping status...

image-2.png.d7c04327cb7e21a358778d049f2f2312.png

The console and controllers shouldn't have labels on them. Or the labels they would put on shouldn't have any markings like the FCC that they really don't have. It was specifically done to make idiots like what we've seen here and elsewhere, think they actually have them.

They don't, because it failed testing and they never took it back to get tested or certified.

To solidify that it is a manipulation tactic, Creep got worried when the controller accidently turned on that he flipped it over so you couldn't see it. (NDA and all that) Creep probably made the mistake of actually showing the back of the controllers and console (DJC nor Mullis did despite saying yes they have certs). It just outed them for not having the certs they claim to have.

They are using these guys to prop up the farce. 

• Like 5

On 6/15/2023 at 8:51 PM, Wizewonathome said:

The point being, there is still crying over what has been. Get over it, and get on with your lives. As my parents used to say, and I will repeat it, it is no use crying over spilt milk.

Is it possible that you are the one crying over spilt milk? We all knew the "Intellivision Amico" was dead on arrival, but we were foolish enough to think it would arrive. Let us have our fun, there's no harm in pointing out all the mistakes a loser amateur company made along the way as they flirted with fraud, over and over again. 

On 6/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, Bill Loguidice said:

This is objectively amazing and a perfect capper on the whole Amico saga and the types of games that caused so much "passion" among older gamers. We literally never need another post after this.

What's more, @gaterooze_ink made these little games in a very short amount of time, and charged everyone the perfect price to play them. 

Those fake FCC labels are really disgusting. These losers don't even know what they're playing at. It's like when they referred to "the patented Karma Gaming Engine" when fundraising, or claiming to have J Allard and Perrin Kaplan on their team, or a special relationship with MLB and the Harlem Globetrotters. They NEVER should have been able to fool as many people as they did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MattPilz said:

These units remain the property of the company as far as I know.  There could have been some mention of compliance certifications in the field testing program agreement.   They are pre-release units and not a product for sale.

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Also, no, a prototype device should not have an FCC-compliant label on it if it has not passed FCC compliance testing. The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) requires that electronic devices meet specific standards and regulations to ensure they do not cause harmful interference to other devices and comply with other relevant regulations.

(couldn't edit original so you guys get two posts. you're welcome, lol)

That may be true.  If that were the case what would the FCC do about the handful of units that are out for field testing.  There were also a number of developer units that have been out for several years that are more likely to have rf emissions that are not in compliance, stickers or not.

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Did the board remove the CEO from his position, or do you think he stepped down voluntarily?  All I said is that at some point they would give a manufacturer a pre-production prototype that should have all the details that that the manufacturer would have to replicate in production.  Regulations require that they have certifications and required labels in order to release product in to the market.  The Amico has not been released, and not yet a consumer product.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Doesnt all consumer electronics have to be UL certified? And have that logo?   

I think UL safety certification is voluntary, but still a good idea to have.  Some retailers or distributors might require it.  CE certification might be similar and be acceptable to those same retailers and distributors.

Edited by mr_me

Good Goose video breaking it down. Idiots saying pilot units could use the logo are just that, idiots. The fact they stuck it to the device is a violation. A cut and dry violation as they should have their FCC ID listed. Which they don't.

Technically aren't Mullis, DJC, and Creep all paying customers? They have claimed they are not employees of the company, yet recieved their product. Could that then make these consumer units? They even came in as John Alvarado put it, "Retail Boxes". I know it's a stretch, but even if these units aren't co sumer units they still violated FCC regulations.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

mr_me seems to be ignoring the fact that any real company doing actual pilot runs with a manufacturer would not use fake stickers because they would actually have their FCC certification by that point. Doing a pilot production run without your certs locked up is insanity. So no, it isn't normal.

But not ignoring it would be admission that his lord and savior of Intellivision, Tommy, would have lied to him about being on the launchpad.

Don't get into a conversation with him about launchpads. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of what Tommy was implying. He also believes they passed FCC certs because the company told him. And as he would say they never lie. 🤣

• Thanks 2

Just now, Cebus Capucinis said:

Someone seems to be ignoring reality, you say? STUNNED. SHOCKED. ASTONISHED.

Well since they no longer have the Adtrosmash IP they have decided to go with ASTONISHEDSMASHED.

Yous just move your ship left and right shooting imaginary meteorites. 

• Haha 1