IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I think you’re confusing IE and TT. You’re right, there was no point in IE bringing in Allard to help with a launch that wasn’t ready. But TT as CEO wanted him so he was hired. I’ve worked for companies before like this, where the “ company” and the boss were often on conflicting agendas.  Where we spend months crafting a plan, lining up resources/staff/etc, ordering what’s needed, only to show up the next day and find the boss changed their mind or brought in a friend to “fix everything”. It usually ends just like it did here. 

I understand. As I said about the podcast, J. Allard says none of this means anything unless we get the console out. I paraphrase because digging an exact quote out of a podcast is not as easy as with utube imo. But if anyone doubts that this respected man was expressing a real concern even in summer 2020, go listen. It is absolutely there.

Same podcast is Tommy calling this "an experience" and claiming it's not all about money, and adding I hope Nick isn't listening. Again, Go get the exact wording if you like, but within this humor is truth.

Business side vs Creative (Image) side. It's not rocket science to see this nor does it require having inside information. It is plain as day.

Edited by number6
Added reference
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

I’ll be disappointed (again) if this debacle doesn’t end up as a Documentary or movie of some kind.

Who out there wants to pick up the torch and run with it? Lol

I totally agree. I just think we may need to wait until there is definite finality. Though also possible they will keep stinging people along forever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, number6 said:

I understand. As I said about the podcast, J. Allard says none of this means anything unless we get the console out. I paraphrase because digging an exact quote out of a podcast is not as easy as with utube imo. But if anyone doubts that this respected man was expressing a real concern even in summer 2020, go listen. It is absolutely there.

Same podcast is Tommy calling this "an experience" and claiming it's not all about money, and adding I hope Nick isn't listening. Again, Go get the exact wording if you like, but within this humor is truth.

Business side vs Creative (Image) side. It's not rocket science to see this nor does it require having inside information. It is plain as day.

Allard was emphasizing the experience and their execution creating that experience. Didn't hear anything about getting it out. Here's an Allard quote near the end of the recording.

"We are competing for people's leisure time we are not competing in the videogame space. We have to create a standout product that families say I want to spend my time doing that. ...  That's what we're dedicated to. Right now we are in the mode the dream is set, the team is here, the passion is unwavering but the execution from here is where it counts, we have to finish this thing right."

Edited by mr_me

I’ll be disappointed (again) if this debacle doesn’t end up as a Documentary or movie of some kind.

I remember seeing a post by Tommy on here before I joined (I think), where he hinted that he was talking to Netflix to do an Amico documentary and that their crew had recently been to his house.

I wonder what ever happened to that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No torch for me,man.

That got me into a bunch of trouble....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ashtonm said:

I think they were planning on releasing some of these on another system.  Probably only a few are ready.  Skiing and Astrosmash should be ready.  

The question is do they have enough money or motivation to fund such an effort?

I hope they get them to the Switch.  It would be a real shame not to have any of these make it to the public.  

I would have enjoyed them to say the least.  What a waste if they don't.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I remember seeing a post by Tommy on here before I joined (I think), where he hinted that he was talking to Netflix to do an Amico documentary and that their crew had recently been to his house.

You mean it was all puffery with no acts to back it up? That's so rare for him.

Season 1 What GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

He consistently didn't like you, much.  So that's at least 2 consistent things. 

Although the 2 may be related, so we'll go with 1.5.

Ha ha yeah I even sent him a PM early on saying I hope he does well and like the idea. I did that interview with Garvey and was pretty positive on it besides the price and if they could reach their target. After that he wanted to do a stream with me, him, and Garvey. I declined because my first interview stood as is and I had listened to enough interviews I saw no need to do one myself with him.

Later when my thread was locked Garvey asked me if I wanted to do another interview. He said if I did one Tommy would want to do a follow up with Garvey. When I asked why, Garvey said it was to refute what I would say. Like I mentioned in my interview with Garvey there was some of this "us vs them" mindset and he was perpetuating that with this refuting. Like I told Garvey, my thread being locked doesn't change that I want it to be successful and my initial interview still stands as is.

I've mentioned this before and Tommy said that was a lie, but it isn't ?

Screenshot_20220718-142532_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1499934e611761160a625527d3b2ce88.jpgScreenshot_20220718-142620_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ab419573832e659cc61b3ff148cbb8b6.jpgScreenshot_20220718-142647_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b7ab643342711698db247b483a89048.jpg

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I love how the only real success TT had was in basically taking over the AA forums for like a year.  He talked about it like it was his fiefdom and it was the only thing he was kind of right about.

I warned about this and piggy backing off the last comment I quoted this might be one of the reasons Tommy disliked me so much. I publicly called him out for making AA look bad. We at AA gives the impression he represents AA. Unfortunately, some people do hold the whole Amico thing as a black mark. I don't agree with that, but I did predict it. ?

Screenshot_20220717-220106_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dafc3e13abdf5ac9ace57cf36bd6d190.jpgScreenshot_20220717-220128_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e9dd0ea55dffcceea9d5d19ff1be0663.jpgScreenshot_20220717-220158_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a7561dcdca2e82cc691ef82185dbf72f.jpg

It will never been done well. Most AA stuff would be glossed over. Having been someone who has read most of it multiple times, it is a PITA to go over. Same thing with all his infomercials on small YT channels. 

You can watch the abridged version by listening to the CUPodcast Amico segments. It doesn't go deep in terms of daily behaviors here but has most the big stuff. It would be even harder to deep dive on the YT channels.

Really the big thing would be people behind the scenes talking about the experience. 

6 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

It's on the launch pad duh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I hope they get them to the Switch.  It would be a real shame not to have any of these make it to the public.  

I would have enjoyed them to say the least.  What a waste if they don't.

I agree. If Amico doesn't come out it would be nice to be able to play them somehow.

51 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Ha ha yeah I even sent him a PM early on saying I hope he does well and like the idea. I did that interview with Garvey and was pretty positive on it besides the price and if they could reach their target. After that he wanted to do a stream with me, him, and Garvey. I declined because my first interview stood as is and I had listened to enough interviews I saw no need to do one myself with him.

Later when my thread was locked Garvey asked me if I wanted to do another interview. He said if I did one Tommy would want to do a follow up with Garvey. When I asked why, Garvey said it was to refute what I would say. Like I mentioned in my interview with Garvey there was some of this "us vs them" mindset and he was perpetuating that with this refuting. Like I told Garvey, my thread being locked doesn't change that I want it to be successful and my initial interview still stands as is.

Who is Garvey and how do they fit into the Amico thing?

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I love how the only real success TT had was in basically taking over the AA forums for like a year.  He talked about it like it was his fiefdom and it was the only thing he was kind of right about.

I dunno... apparently he led a team who made millions and never had to deliver anything except for a few empty boxes.   Seems like some form of success to me.   All those other suckers had to deliver product to earn their dollars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Razzie.P said:

I dunno... apparently he led a team who made millions and never had to deliver anything except for a few empty boxes.   Seems like some form of success to me.   All those other suckers had to deliver product to earn their dollars.

"made" is a bridge too far I think.  "obtained" fits better

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

How can they release what clearly is nowhere near a finished product?

Curse your logic!

This console should of been in *actual* manufacturing 2 years ago. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

I know people in the industry, and people who have worked with a certain someone as well. Not going to name names but back when the antics started becoming a daily thing I asked them for their thoughts, and they universally said it was completely expected and fully on brand based upon their prior experience.

Nope!   You Don't get a LIKE until you Name Names!

Awww, Come on Cebus!  Spill it!

..Jus kidding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Allard was emphasizing the experience and their execution creating that experience. Didn't hear anything about getting it out. Here's an Allard quote near the end of the recording.

"We are competing for people's leisure time we are not competing in the videogame space. We have to create a standout product that families say I want to spend my time doing that. ...  That's what we're dedicated to. Right now we are in the mode the dream is set, the team is here, the passion is unwavering but the execution from here is where it counts, we have to finish this thing right."

Preface: If we have to agree to disagree I'm perfectly fine with that. I respect your postings and thank you for your efforts.

To topic: I'll repeat this is merely how I see this and this does not conflict with creative vs business, it actually cements what I see/hear.

If the business side speaks they likely use the word "console" or "amico".

When the creative side speaks it is "dream" or "delivering an experience".

If you can, think of it like this. The "console" is the car delivering the passengers. You can not deliver these passengers without the car.

As I see it you can not deliver the "dream" or "experience" without the console. I do not see anyone stating they can separate these two things.

The text itself bothers you?

"getting it out" "finish this thing right". If he is not referring to the vehicle that delivers the "dream" or "experience" then what is he referring to?

If this doesn't fit how you see things, like I said. NP. It's just how I see it. 

• Like 1