IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

I was thinking about G4, and can I just say how painful it was to watch Victor Lucas review games with Tommy Tallarico? Lucas would try so hard to offer a review of substance, but would inevitably be sucked into the event horizon of Tommy's all-consuming ego. It's a cosmic phenomenon with a gravitational pull so strong, not even light can escape it.

"We're here to talk about Capcom vs. SNK 2, the latest game from-"

"Whoo! Capcom vs. SNK 2 sucks! WHOOOO!!!" (blows a bullhorn)

"Anyway, this is full of great fighting action for fans of that genre, and-"

"SUPER NINTENDO GRAPHICS! SUPER NINTENDO GRAPHICS!" (blasts a vuvuzela)

"You're just going to do this through the whole review, aren't you."

"Whoo! Oh yeah, this is totally how Super Nintendo games looked! I have no sense of perspective whatsoever!"

"I need an aspirin."

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 6/21/2023 at 9:43 AM, 82-T/A said:

I have a lot of questions... but first, no way I'm spending 2 hours watching a video about the Amico.

I understand your concern,  believe me!

I can't stand YouTube,  esp. videos that don't match the picture on the preview or misleading text,  the stupid clickbait BS, the "Like and Subscribe", the silly faces people make,  ads...

Yet...I actually watched the video!  It took 2 times.  Each time I thought sure I'd flip it off after 10 minutes, but got pulled in.  It's really quite fascinating and then you'll understand... I have the attention span of a goldfish,  Wait!  That's being Generous!  I have the attention span of a Baby Goldfish with ADD,  And Even I watched it!  It's a Masterpiece!  I do have a personal interest, because I once worked with a guy who had that personality type and caused me nothing but stress plus **(religion & politics) nevermind**...And (Looking to the future) I enjoy watching liars squirm...

Anyway,

I Beseech thee Good Sir,  just think about checking it out!

Fate calling 82-TA...If you're not now...Ya never were.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Hot pull the fuck over!!

I wish there was a 'love' reaction on AA, haha.

From Paraclaw on Reddit, details about the furniture lawsuit being levied against Tommy/Intellivision: https://imgur.com/a/qRHEiS9 (The link is of the filed paperwork)

TL;DR:

Tommy's Side
  • Tommy still "denies any and all liability."

• He is willing to complete mediation and a settlement conference (e.g., in hopes of talking them down to a lesser amount.)

• Alternatively he requests a jury trial within 12 months (including discovery and depositions), estimates 4-5 day trial.

• Insurance agency USLI (United States Liability Insurance Group) notes reservation of its rights, meaning it has the right to deny coverage of paying the amount owed to Amur on behalf of Intellivision/Tommy, pending the case's outcome and the insurer's investigation of the claims and circumstances.

•  

Amur's Side
  • Statement of case: "Plaintiff and Defendants entered into an equipment finance agreement, wherein Plaintiff agreed to finance certain equipment to Defendants. Plaintiff is seeking damages in the principal sum of $110,252.60, plus interest, late charges, attorney's fees and costs."

• Requested a 1-day nonjury trial.

• Is not willing to engage in mediation or a settlement conference.

• Plans to file a motion for summary judgment. This motion will argue that there are no disputable material facts about the claims, and no jury trial could change this. If the court grants it, then they win by default. Tommy's side can file a counter-motion, the judge will decide. (Summary judgments are pretty common in civil cases involving debt collectors and iron clad paper-trails of contracts).

Edited by digdugnate
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

From Paraclaw on Reddit, details about the furniture lawsuit being levied against Tommy/Intellivision: https://imgur.com/a/qRHEiS9 (The link is of the filed paperwork)

TL;DR:

He wants a jury trial? Is he going to try and get sympathy by reading the letter about superheroes and him having the maturity of a 5 year old?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I have the attention span of a goldfish,  Wait!  That's being Generous!

And have a head like one ..... :P

528477980_goldyfishead.thumb.JPG.c0f61e57465cd3735d228ce6cc5596d1.JPG

16 hours ago, digdugnate said:

TL;DR:

1966612002_amiconofurniture1.thumb.gif.4790435a94f26fa5c9ef3075f810e2f7.gif

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

LMAO they're actually pushing for proposed trial for $100k?

Utterly absurd. They're going to double that in legal bills.

I'll stick with my original take on this. No way this goes to trial. btw-checked other cases filed by Amur. Seems that failure to pay one's bills is not so unusual. heh.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

LMAO they're actually pushing for proposed trial for $100k?

Yeah, but how funny would it be to hear Tommy say furniture racists?

2 hours ago, number6 said:

I'll stick with my original take on this. No way this goes to trial. btw-checked other cases filed by Amur. Seems that failure to pay one's bills is not so unusual. heh.

What are those suggesting beyond not going to trial?

58 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I'm astonished it got this far along in the first place.

Don't talk about Amico like that hater!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Lawyer:  that'll be $200,000

Tommy:  Uh....  Well, ya know...

Lawyer:  We'll bill you later

Tommy:   Whew!  For a minute there, I thought you wanted real money

• Haha 4

There is absolutely no way whatsoever this issue would warrant a 4-5 day trial as TT has requested. There's simply not enough facts or issues here to keep a jury on the hook for that long (or even a judge, if there's no jury, TBH). 4-5 day trials are for highly complex issues that require several witnesses, exhibits, and other matters. This is a straight up "You signed this loan agreement and guarantee, you didn't pay."

Amur's position, while seemingly the other side of the pendulum compared to how whackadoodle TT's position is, is actually the much more reasonable one that meets expectations for judicial efficiency. I suspect the judge will split the baby and get a short trial on the docket sometime close to a year from now BUT also grant a mediation (pointless though that will be).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know Pat & Ian touched on this briefly in one of their podcasts about this when news of the lawsuit were first discovered, but if any of Tommy's "defenses" are successful, then the entire banking industry, along with the economy and the entire country as a whole is in some serious trouble and at some serious risk of catastrophically collapsing if people can just stop paying their mortgage/car loans/credit cards/any other loans, throw their hands up in the air and claim it's the bank's fault and claim that the underwriters should have never approved them for the loan/credit card/mortgage/etc. in the first place.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Tommy probably wants a trial because he thinks there'll be legions of fans lined up outside the court cheering his name and it be televised.

Yet the truth will actually be .....

chirping.gif.b420a8f0d5a01d91274ef427c1db7121.gif

• Like 2