IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

That's PandaSub2000. I think he started the evening with a Mike Mullis huffs farts name.

This has to be the worst marketing possible for this thing. 

I did find it funny where they said RAB should get a console if they can get 100 signatures. John Alvarado in the chat said make it 500. 🤣

What a kick to the nards to have the company you've looked like an idiot for to troll you like that.

I actually enjoyed Pandsubs first Amico video.   After that it was all down hill. 

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Now remember early on, no one except the people making it knew it was a scam.  We were just excited to have a new Intellivision console.  

So I dont feel bad for wanting it or even “on the bandwagon” so to speak. After the second delay the true intentions really became evident. 

I was super excited for it. I think what people find annoying is the head in the sand behavior. That type of thing has been happening since the beginning though.

There's, "Hey I like family gaming! I like Intv!"

Then there's, "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST CONSOLE EVER AND GET MY GRANDMA TO LOVE ME AGAIN AND PLAY GAMES WITHBME AND ITS GOING TO OUTSELL THE SWITCH BECAUSE NINTENDO IS EVIL AMD RUINED GAMING AND IT ISN'T SOMETHING TOMMY WOULD RISK HIS REPUTATION ON BECAUSE THE DESIGN OF METROID PRIME WAS BASED AROUND HIS BLEEPS AND BLOOPS AND I TOTALLY FIND HIM DREAMY SO DON'T YOU QUESTION HIM OR I WILL GO AFTER YOU LIKE A MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRL GETTING MAD OVER ANOTHER GIRL FLIRTING WITH HER CRUSH! PLEASE LEAVE!"

One of these I would consider normal.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

Don't want to be rude, but I'd like to know what you would expect from a Playmobil game. Just curious™️🙂

A lot of things can be (and has been) done with LEGO, but I can't imagine anything remotely interesting with Playmobil except derivative stuff (kart game and Co). Then again I'm no industry legend™️... 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Don't want to be rude, but I'd like to know what you would expect from a Playmobil game. Just curious™️🙂

A lot of things can be (and has been) done with LEGO, but I can't imagine anything remotely interesting with Playmobil except derivative stuff (kart game and Co). Then again I'm no industry legend™️... 😔

Maybe some goofy action animations.  LEGO has gone with the super-smooth animation choice.  I feel like Playmobil might fit perfectly with a goofy stop-motion kind of look.  I'm just spit balling. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I was thinking some sort of survival horror/FPS/Tower Defense type of game with the license.  Like, you're a toddler by day, roaming about the house n' playground gathering resources to "prepare," and by night, you're a Toddler Nazi Werewolf Hunter who has to fend off the onslaught until your AM naptime.

Toddler Nazi Werewolf Hunter = That's a Toddler who hunts Nazi Werewolves, by the way.  Not a Werewolf Hunter who just happens to be a Toddler Nazi.  That wouldn't be very family friendly, I don't think.

• Haha 5

I'm thinking zombies. And a rail shooter. It's so generic and last century that it would be a great fit for the Amico. Plus the actual way you can plop the hair off a Playmobil figure to reveal a vacuous half-skull leans right into zombie-territory. And as the figure can pretty much only stand still with arms straight forward, well there's your awkward zombie-walk.

But on second thought, this might be too much creativity for the Amico. Isn't there an existing flash game someone could just port over?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I was thinking some sort of survival horror/FPS/Tower Defense type of game with the license.  Like, you're a toddler by day, roaming about the house n' playground gathering resources to "prepare," and by night, you're a Toddler Nazi Werewolf Hunter who has to fend off the onslaught until your AM naptime.

Toddler Nazi Werewolf Hunter = That's a Toddler who hunts Nazi Werewolves, by the way.  Not a Werewolf Hunter who just happens to be a Toddler Nazi.  That wouldn't be very family friendly, I don't think.

Family friendly!  Kids can play the game during the days.  Mom and dad can play at night!  Perfect for all ages!!

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

All toddlers are probably Nazis, though (I mean if they had the power, they would do horrible things).

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

image.jpeg.bb6cc896ac3ffcc5d57911cc05a062cc.jpeg

• Haha 3

I'd reckon that, where Lego gets all the Hollywood blockbuster tie-ins, Playmobil could find a niche in Oscar-bait adaptations.

It really wouldn't matter whether the resulting games were any good or not, because all the critics would still say that you need to play them at least once. 🙂

7 hours ago, Wayler said:

I'm thinking zombies. And a rail shooter. It's so generic and last century that it would be a great fit for the Amico. Plus the actual way you can plop the hair off a Playmobil figure to reveal a vacuous half-skull leans right into zombie-territory. And as the figure can pretty much only stand still with arms straight forward, well there's your awkward zombie-walk.

But on second thought, this might be too much creativity for the Amico. Isn't there an existing flash game someone could just port over?

I mean there are literally tons of existing Playmobil video games and a bunch on iOS.  I'm sure the plan was to just to port one of those.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmobil_Interactive

18 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

As a real answer, something similar to what they've already done on the DS. They're just fun, goofy little kid-style games that are great for the whole family, i.e. precisely the demographic TT was pretending to want.

17 hours ago, Matt_B said:

In all candour, this looks better than anything that was ever shown as coming to the Amico.

Amico can't handle Farkle. I'm sure it would start smoking if it tried to run that.

8 hours ago, digdugnate said:

from @godslabrat, the Amico is officially the most late, most delayed fake retro console on this list.

Screenshot_2023-07-17_at_11.02.05_PM.png

@Tommy Tallarico

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 3
  • Haha 2