IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I'm pretty sure that they'll be selling it for $1.50 in time. They're just charging $15 now so they can claim it's a 90% discount when they do.

Slapping Tommy's name on there like they did makes me less inclined to buy it even if it's a buck or two. 😂

I wonder if this was one of the games they had a contest for? One of these days nirmix's NDA should be up and he can maybe talk about that in more detail.

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, JPF997 said:

Rewind this thread back to when I posted my first comment, I tried having a normal conversation even if this thread wasn't the most indicated for it ( I didn't know that at the time, plus there was no 2600+ dedicated thread for people to post so I didn't know where it would be appropriate to post my opinions), what happened, I got bombarded with an endless amount of sarcastic and trollish responses, every time I tried to clarify something I was met with even more  ridicule, at some point you might as well join in on the fun since no attempt at honest dialog is gonna change the dog pilling, like a losing hand at poker sometimes it's better  to just fold than to continue a bad round.

baby-crying.gif.ac428e3c4105dc4b79233903fc85c7e1.gif

On 9/21/2023 at 8:31 PM, lawdawg710 said:

JPF997, you use the term stalker but I do not think it means what you think it means!! 

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif.c5f9aa05c6f8adb093c6457eb9ba2e4b.gif

On 9/22/2023 at 12:02 AM, Flojomojo said:

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (1)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (2)

Category: "JPJ997 insults Tommy Tallarico" (1)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (3)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (4)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (5)

Category: "JPF997 is going to leave" (1)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (6)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (7)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri's opinion about Atari 2600+" (1)

Category: "JPF997 is going to leave" (2)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri's opinion about Atari 2600+" (2)

Category: "JPF997 is on topic" (1)

Category: "JPJ997 insults Tommy Tallarico" (2)

Category: "JPF997 is going to leave" (3)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (8)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (9)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri" (10)

Category: "JPF997 doesn't like Pat Contri's opinion about Atari 2600+" (3)

Category: "JPJ997 insults Tommy Tallarico" (3)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (1)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (2)

Category: "JPF997 is going to leave" (4)

Category: "JPF997 is going to leave" (5)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (3)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (4)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (5)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (6)

Category: "JPJ997 insults Tommy Tallarico" (4)

Category: "JPF997 tells people how to behave" (7)

Category: "JPF997 is going to leave" (6)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_analysis

image.thumb.png.1ddb8c3cc4953b0bd316ffc0a05bd550.png

creepy-clapping-guy-2zmijq81k3bebvwl.gif.682467ab0e85eaf04ba6f1d2a668d559.gif

On 9/22/2023 at 4:14 AM, digdugnate said:

Image tagged in ricky - Imgflip

I think that's a line taken directly from George W Bush.;) 

• Haha 5

Just ran across this online, and thought it would be nice to see in the realm of Intellivision Amico and some of its enablers. 

1. An expression of regret — this, usually, is the actual "I'm sorry."
2. An explanation (but, importantly, not a justification).
3. An acknowledgment of responsibility.
4. A declaration of repentance.
5. An offer of repair.
6. A request for forgiveness.

I'd really like to see @Tommy Tallarico and maybe @jaybird3rd take a shot at this. No excuses or deflection, but a real, honest apology. I doubt it's coming, because it would mean they would have to acknowledge doing some not-so-nice things, but if they tried, lots of people would listen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2023 at 5:40 AM, Flojomojo said:

Just ran across this online, and thought it would be nice to see in the realm of Intellivision Amico and some of its enablers. 

1. An expression of regret — this, usually, is the actual "I'm sorry."
2. An explanation (but, importantly, not a justification).
3. An acknowledgment of responsibility.
4. A declaration of repentance.
5. An offer of repair.
6. A request for forgiveness.

I'd really like to see @Tommy Tallarico and maybe @jaybird3rd take a shot at this. No excuses or deflection, but a real, honest apology. I doubt it's coming, because it would mean they would have to acknowledge doing some not-so-nice things, but if they tried, lots of people would listen. 

7. Free Tacos.

(You knew it was coming. :cool:)

• Haha 5

On 9/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, MrBeefy said:

So I just need some clarity. They don't have phones? :P

I have less problems with this than most. It is a glorified Retron77 with a cart dumper. At least the Flashbacks didn't attempt to act like it was something it wasn't.

I don't see the point in plugging in a cart just to emulate something. Remove the cart slot, lower the price, and sell me ROMs. The problem with that is they can't sell carts which will cost more than doing the ROM thing. 

But what do I know? @Tommy Tallarico said to not underestimate him, and he's totally shown that me and other people have no clue.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:37 PM, Matt_B said:

Apparently not.

With some work, I'm sure this could become an Amico meme too.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:46 PM, MrBeefy said:

DJC can donate some to them. He apparently has a bunch laying around. Those Amicolytes have the money to have burner phones to spare.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, Matt_B said:

"Do you guys not have three phones, a portable WiFi router, and a USB to HDMI cable?" 😀

On 9/21/2023 at 4:15 AM, JPF997 said:

Bro cut me some slack, this is the first time I've ever joined a gaming forum, before this my engagement with the gaming community was strictly through  YouTube and Twitter, he'll the first few day's when I arrived here I could barely understand the UI of this site ( or where It was appropriate to post about x subject on x thread).

On 9/21/2023 at 5:09 AM, digdugnate said:

image.thumb.png.e6087957eb150f93ed1942dbffbc4748.png

banned from NeoGAF, but only through YouTube and Twitter, huh

On 9/21/2023 at 5:35 AM, MrBeefy said:

Me thinks someone struggles with jokes.

Screenshot_20230921_062926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3a2ce04e3a1d36d4f0f6cd88b2245fc5.jpg

I've heard NeoGAF are phone gaming racists. They ban those without a phone. So does it still count?

On 9/21/2023 at 6:42 AM, Razzie.P said:

On 9/21/2023 at 7:15 AM, jerseystyle said:

Calling people groomers, using “triggered”… uh oh. 

You seem like the type who has problems with lots of people. Most people don’t.  Maybe reflect on that.   

On 9/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, Flojomojo said:

On 9/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, freewheel said:

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Hang on. Wait.

I'm actually dead serious with my question here: does the new Diablo game require you to own a cellphone or something? Please someone fill me in as tersely as possible. I don't want to hear about the whining, or how evil/heroic Pat and Ian are. I just need to understand the joke itself, before my kids make fun of me again.

On 9/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, JPF997 said:

Well you compile it all together like that, yeah I guess i got a little to carried away, I promise  it won't happen again ✌️

On 9/21/2023 at 12:31 PM, freewheel said:

I don't... I just.... I ... I...

I kinda dropped away from a lot of online life about 5 years ago. Not a ton on forums, I've never been big on social media. I really learned to dislike arguing with strangers that have literally no impact on my life. I missed most of the Amico shenanigans and have slowly caught up.

This may be the stupidest thing I've read in a month. I don't even know which side of the "debate" Pat and Ian were on, but I bet it was hilarious, regardless.

On 9/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230921_094446_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a14606f69e1f52e4e185bd55f9514f10.jpg

🤔

He needs to get testing his Amico and contributing to the test group! How will we ever get Amico in our hands if he doesn't?

You sir have the DATA!

I think you earned an Oofy!

Untitleddesign_20230921_143957_0000.thumb.png.02ace06bae62e28238549651fb4a0832.png

36c.jpg

TL;DR   I don't know,  it's late...

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

36c.jpg

TL;DR   I don't know,  it's late...

*Posted from my Diablo Immortal console*

So you can see everything Shark Shark has to offer in under 40 minutes. I don't see myself buying it unless it's $2. $15 is too steep and you can get better quality games at $10.

It has too much going on in later levels to be little kid friendly. If you have a fetish over an old video game name you might like it. 

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

*Posted from my Diablo Immortal console*

So you can see everything Shark Shark has to offer in under 40 minutes. I don't see myself buying it unless it's $2. $15 is too steep and you can get better quality games at $10.

It has too much going on in later levels to be little kid friendly. If you have a fetish over an old video game name you might like it. 

It's time for that friendly reminder that you can buy a game from Steam and get a full refund if you've played it for less than two hours.

Yeah, that's a scummy thing to do but let's remember who fired the first shots here and has his name plastered all over the credits of it.

Not buying at all works just as well, of course.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Next thing is people with Taco Phones will demand to play Diablo on them.  "I want my Diablo on my Taco Phone right here, right now!"

N-Gage: relembre o smartphone e plataforma de jogos da Nokia

Hide contents

No, this is not a picture of me. 

Maybe instead of Diablo we can play some backgammon?

BackgammonChair.thumb.png.3a0069f0ecd7c5bcbf6e019e1d6538bc.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

It's time for that friendly reminder that you can buy a game from Steam and get a full refund if you've played it for less than two hours.

Yeah, that's a scummy thing to do but let's remember who fired the first shots here and has his name plastered all over the credits of it.

Not buying at all works just as well, of course.

I finally watched the playthrough. It isn't worth $15 IMO. I have zero nostalgia for Intv or Shark Shark. My interest in this device was mainly for family gaming.

I've passed on better value games at $5.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Why is he sitting on 2 chairs?

If you look at the full photo, it seems to make him higher than the opponent he's facing. I suspect it's nothing more than another weird "power" move in a series of them. Or maybe it's just a goof. It's impossible to know with him. He's an "unusual" personality for sure.

Side note, and not to suck the fun out of the room, but I admit to having some fatigue with Tallarico bashing. If he just acted reasonably normal during his time at Intellivision Productions, or it was another person who acted like a person at his level is supposed to, I don't think we'd have even a quarter of the ridicule/vitriol. He obviously brought this upon himself by being an absolute jackass (and more) at the "height" of Amico, but I feel that perhaps it's time to move on? Or will this stop once the "entity" behind Amico, Intellivision Productions, throws in the towel? (surely, that has to be relatively soon)

Mike Kennedy is a punchline and person non-grata in the community, but I feel like his case was more of a person being in over their head rather than purely intentional, and I don't think most people want or wanted his life ruined. Maybe the Tallarico thing is a person with issues of his own who did things on a larger scale, with the caveat that we don't really know what was intentional ill-will or simple personality disorder and gross mismanagement. Knowing the definitive answer to that would put things more into perspective. Certainly, Tallarico shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a video game project, but I do wonder out loud how much more there needs to be said at this point.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

If you look at the full photo, it seems to make him higher than the opponent he's facing. I suspect it's nothing more than another weird "power" move in a series of them. Or maybe it's just a goof. It's impossible to know with him. He's an "unusual" personality for sure.

Side note, and not to suck the fun out of the room, but I admit to having some fatigue with Tallarico bashing. If he just acted reasonably normal during his time at Intellivision Productions, or it was another person who acted like a person at his level is supposed to, I don't think we'd have even a quarter of the ridicule/vitriol. He obviously brought this upon himself by being an absolute jackass (and more) at the "height" of Amico, but I feel that perhaps it's time to move on? Or will this stop once the "entity" behind Amico, Intellivision Productions, throws in the towel? (surely, that has to be relatively soon)

Mike Kennedy is a punchline and person non-grata in the community, but I feel like his case was more of a person being in over their head rather than purely intentional, and I don't think most people want or wanted his life ruined. Maybe the Tallarico thing is a person with issues of his own who did things on a larger scale, with the caveat that we don't really know what was intentional ill-will or simple personality disorder and gross mismanagement. Knowing the definitive answer to that would put things more into perspective. Certainly, Tallarico shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a video game project, but I do wonder out loud how much more there needs to be said at this point.

Agreed Bill.  Its (for the most part) time to move on.

56 minutes ago, glazball said:

I disagree.  Until he apologizes and refunds the money he stole, he deserves all the bile and mockery he's been getting.

Yeah- I think it’d be relatively simple. Just make good on all requested refunds.  I don’t even care about an apology (I doubt it’d be sincere anyways)- just give back the stolen money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Yeah- I think it’d be relatively simple. Just make good on all requested refunds.  I don’t even care about an apology (I doubt it’d be sincere anyways)- just give back the stolen money.

As far as I know, they've been giving refunds (less any fees, unfortunately) when requested.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

As far as I know, they've been giving refunds (less any fees, unfortunately) when requested.

No there’s still quite a few people who have stated they’ve been waiting months, made multiple requests, heard nothing etc. They pop up a lot in the YouTube comments on various videos.

And with Mike Kennedy… man I feel bad for the guy. He got in way over his head (and was either dishonest or being willingly obtuse at various points) but he never took any money for the product. So in the end he only ended up hurting himself.  All that over some Jag molds…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

No there’s still quite a few people who have stated they’ve been waiting months, made multiple requests, heard nothing etc. They pop up a lot in the YouTube comments on various videos.

The issue may be not using the correct email address (which is more secret than it should be). I know I and others had no issues requesting a refund (providing details of course) from paypal@intellivisionentertainment.com

That's the one that always seems to work.

• Like 2