IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Here's the thing, what you perceive as nitpicking is actually people pointing out just how deep and disturbing the fraud actually was.  This was intentional on Tommy's part and his words were chosen very specifically.  By continually arguing against the literal meaning of words and the factual statements about what was said, you are further perpetuating the fraud.  It's the same as when you were claiming that they could have passed FCC.  They didn't and other than some employee of the company making the claim, there is no evidence to support that fact.  Now that we know the company failed, we can discount the prior statements of employees who in retrospect had a significant financial incentive to lie and exaggerate.  Again, you are not engaging in good faith discussion.  You are attempting to misconstrue and misrepresent facts and the meaning of words to distract from your own role in giving a fraudulent product and company credibility by making it appear as though there were mountains of proof that they really had something ready to deliver.  You've done enough damage and hurt enough people.  It's time for you to move on.  

Where was all this "nitpicking concern" when there were like four time the amount of pages on AA of people being mad that Pat just got the initial price wrong?

LEAVE AMICO ALONE! DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY FRIEND VAPORWARE FOOTBATH!

Truth means nothing to Amicolytes. Also that what bothered Tommy and company the most. It's why they'd get angry and need to redefine words.

Truth is they needed to shut up and get to work. Mr. I HAVE SUPER POWER OF SUPER SLEEPER spent 20 hours a day for years and accomplished nothing. I sometimes feel bad for all the morons taken in by him getting excited because they got an emotional boost at him acting like the name Intellivision was going to be meaningful again. Then I remember how they treated me and realize the name being synonymous with trash and scam now is fitting for them and exactly what they asked for. (Obviously there are exceptions)

image0.gif.c7f227a6049127af2e36337342648735.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

I'm curious mr_me, did you pre order an Amico for 100$ if you dont mind my asking?

No.

10 hours ago, Matt_B said:

You'd think that, at the very least, they could have loaded it onto a Fire TV or a Chromecast.

I think it would have to be the latest generation FireTV Cube.  The previous generation FireTV Cube or the current Chromecast Google TV might not be powerful enough.  Even older high and mid range phones, which a lot of people have, are much more powerful.

5 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Here's the thing, what you perceive as nitpicking is actually people pointing out just how deep and disturbing the fraud actually was.  This was intentional on Tommy's part and his words were chosen very specifically.  By continually arguing against the literal meaning of words and the factual statements about what was said, you are further perpetuating the fraud.  It's the same as when you were claiming that they could have passed FCC.  They didn't and other than some employee of the company making the claim, there is no evidence to support that fact.  Now that we know the company failed, we can discount the prior statements of employees who in retrospect had a significant financial incentive to lie and exaggerate.  Again, you are not engaging in good faith discussion.  You are attempting to misconstrue and misrepresent facts and the meaning of words to distract from your own role in giving a fraudulent product and company credibility by making it appear as though there were mountains of proof that they really had something ready to deliver.  You've done enough damage and hurt enough people.  It's time for you to move on.  

I don't think a judge would consider these comments about being in retail fraudulent unless the company didn't in fact have such an agreement with retailers.  If they passed unintended RF emissions testing as their engineers claim and have the lab report than that would meet fcc requirements for that portion.  That portion does not require submission in the fcc database.  The part that does is the intentional emitters i.e. Wifi and Bluetooth.  And since they are software adjusted, they could have done that without another hardware revision.  That's why their engineer said it would have passed that certification, which was said after the layoffs.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

I don't think a judge would consider these comments about being in retail fraudulent unless the company didn't in fact have such an agreement with retailers.  If they passed unintended RF emissions testing as their engineers claim and have the lab report than that would meet fcc requirements for that portion.  That portion does not require submission in the fcc database.  The part that does is the intentional emitters i.e. Wifi and Bluetooth.  And since they are software adjusted, they could have done that without another hardware revision.  That's why their engineer said it would have passed that certification, which was said after the layoffs.

Who cares what a judge would do?  Nobody brought up the legal process except for you.  It's literal gaslighting.  Yeah, you're too far gone.  You're still trying to parse process when the reality is that none of that got them the FCC certification they needed to actually finish the product for sale.  We don't know if the hardware would have passed, but we do know for 100% sure that it didn't.  That's the end of it and yet here you are once again throwing up a bunch of nonsense about how they could have or should have or would have done something.  They didn't and that's all that needs to be said.  Nothing else matters.  

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 4

Then I'll say that I don't think their intent with comments about retail was to fool people into thinking that the thing was on store shelves at any point.  Obviously it hadn't been released, so it should have been understood by the people in the discussion that they were saying it would be on store shelves after release.

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Who cares what a judge would do?  Nobody brought up the legal process except for you.  It's literal gaslighting.  Yeah, you're too far gone.  You're still trying to parse process when the reality is that none of that got them the FCC certification they needed to actually finish the product for sale.  We don't know if the hardware would have passed, but we do know for 100% sure that it didn't.  That's the end of it and yet here you are once again throwing up a bunch of nonsense about how they could have or should have or would have done something.  They didn't and that's all that needs to be said.  Nothing else matters.  

They never had that investor either or that line of credit. Or the amount of consoles presold they claimed. If they did money wouldn't be an issue.

Some idiots just struggle with they flat out lied about practically everything. 

I'm actually ready for Amico Home to release. That will probably be the death rattle of the saga.

Once those preorder people get their pack in games, and use their code in boxes there will be even less reason to keep the charade up of an actual console.

Then after it lands like a wet turd they can write that, "This is a hard email to write." I'm sure haters and covid will be blamed for the low sales from their app. Which will not be enough cash flow to make pursuing the hardware viable. At this point even less of the people with orders will be eligible for a refund and so small to not matter. They will probably be offered the opportunity to then get the pack ins if they hadn't already and maybe they can officially close shop on 10/10/202X.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

Then I'll say that I don't think their intent with comments about retail was to fool people into thinking that the thing was on store shelves at any point.  Obviously it hadn't been released, so it should have been understood by the people in the discussion that they were saying it would be on store shelves after release.

And if my aunt had balls,  she'd be my uncle...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

I think it would have to be the latest generation FireTV Cube.  The previous generation FireTV Cube or the current Chromecast Google TV might not be powerful enough.  Even older high and mid range phones, which a lot of people have, are much more powerful.

I'd be surprised. A Chromecast can already run the likes of Just Dance, Asphalt, Deer Hunter, a crapton of board/card games, as well as emulate anything up to a Dreamcast and stream practically any other modern game.

It's obviously a lot less powerful than even a half-decent 2023 smartphone, but then again the Amico would have been too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

...You're still trying to parse process when the reality is that none of that got them the FCC certification they needed to actually finish the product for sale.  We don't know if the hardware would have passed, but we do know for 100% sure that it didn't.  That's the end of it and yet here you are once again throwing up a bunch of nonsense about how they could have or should have or would have done something.  They didn't and that's all that needs to be said.  Nothing else matters.  

How do you know they didn't pass rf radiated emissions testing as they claimed.  That part doesn't get registered in the fcc database.  The intentional radiator i.e. bluetooth and wifi is what gets registered in the database.  It doesn't matter now but at the time it would matter because it meant the hardware engineering to satisfy fcc requirements was done.

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

I'd be surprised. A Chromecast can already run the likes of Just Dance, Asphalt, Deer Hunter, a crapton of board/card games, as well as emulate anything up to a Dreamcast and stream practically any other modern game.

It's obviously a lot less powerful than even a half-decent 2023 smartphone, but then again the Amico would have been too.

I just compared hardware specifications.  The standard edition only has 1.5 GB ram for example.  The 4K edition has 2GB ram but it's GPU processor isn't even close.  It probably could run some games but not the more demanding ones.

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They never had that investor either or that line of credit. Or the amount of consoles presold they claimed. If they did money wouldn't be an issue.

We know they lost their investors in 2020, the cfo talked about it in an interview.  How do you know they never had the line of credit, was it tied to those investors.  How many purchase orders and allocation requests did they actually have.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

The reason they aren't going for a chromecast is because they know Amico as a platform is dead. Their current actions is to shit out the easiest thing possible that can like people into forfeiture of the refund down payment to negate a potential lawsuit. That is all they are doing at this point.

They are literally saying they plan to give the Amico hardware OS away to do this. This move only makes hardware pointless.

The CTO John Alvarado is phoning it in and taking tech advice from a FB group. He ain't working hard on anything either.

This lazy idea even makes it a hassle an not even mobile friendly like a Switch. It has to be on wifi to where all parties can connect.

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

How do you know they didn't pass rf radiated emissions testing as they claimed.  That part doesn't get registered in the fcc database.  The intentional radiator i.e. bluetooth and wifi is what gets registered in the database.  It doesn't matter now but at the time it would matter because it meant the hardware engineering to satisfy fcc requirements was done.

I just compared hardware specifications.  The standard edition only has 1.5 GB ram for example.  The 4K edition has 2GB ram but it's GPU processor isn't even close.  It probably could run some games but not the more demanding ones.

We know they lost their investors in 2020, the cfo talked about it in an interview.  How do you know they never had the line of credit, was it tied to those investors.  How many purchase orders and allocation requests did they actually have.

HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!! For the love of god and all that is holy PLEASE STOP!!!  WOW😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

Go on then. What are these more demanding games that you don't think the 4K Chromecast would be capable of running? Astrosmash? Evel Knievel? Farkle? Did I miss something?

While I have seen some fairly impressive games running on an Adreno 506 phone - and it was a very decent mobile GPU by 2016 standards - there doesn't seem to be anything in the Amico catalogue that would require its full capabilities. As before, there are more visually impressive looking games that you can already run on the Chromecast.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

What are these more demanding games that you don't think the 4K Chromecast would be capable of running? Astrosmash? Evel Knievel? Farkle? Did I miss something?

Amico games would never work without the game changing, innovative controller.  We have that in writing here somewhere so it must be the gospel.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

This has already been discussed™️.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

How do you know they passed rf radiated emissions testing as they claimed.  That part might have potentially been registered in the fcc database.  why do the bluetooth and wifi get registered in the database?  Why doesn't it matter now but at the time it would matter because it meant the hardware engineering to satisfy fcc requirements was done?

How do you know they intended 1.5 gig for standard and how do you know that 4k has 2gig ram but the gpu isn't close?  Isn't close for what?

You can't just assume they lost their investors in 2020 based on one interview with the CFO.  How do you know they had the line of credit and it wasn't tied to those investors?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Go on then. What are these more demanding games that you don't think the 4K Chromecast would be capable of running? Astrosmash? Evel Knievel? Farkle? Did I miss something?

While I have seen some fairly impressive games running on an Adreno 506 phone - and it was a very decent mobile GPU by 2016 standards - there doesn't seem to be anything in the Amico catalogue that would require its full capabilities. As before, there are more visually impressive looking games that you can already run on the Chromecast.

The Adreno 506 is a decent gpu.  It's about six times more powerful than what's in the Chromecast Google TV 4k.  It's a big difference, games wouldn't have to even come close to pushing the 506 to it's limits.  I didn't comment on the cpu, eight core vs four core, not sure how that might affect things.  People observed slowdown in some games during development, if they were able to fix that there should be issues on weaker hardware with some games.

7 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Amico games would never work without the game changing, innovative controller.  We have that in writing here somewhere so it must be the gospel.

Games would have to be modified to work with other controllers.  Some games are getting ported to other systems but the Amico Home thing would require Amico controllers or something emulating them.  And phones emulating physical controllers isn't ideal for action games.

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Games would have to be modified to work with other controllers.  Some games are getting ported to other systems but the Amico Home thing would require Amico controllers or something emulating them.  And phones emulating physical controllers isn't ideal for action games.

False.  Amico Console allowed you to connect your cell phones as a controller.  IE never said this was limited to certain games. IE never said the games would be modified to use the Cell Phone controller.  IE never said the games would not run the same using a Cell Phone as a controller. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

How do you know they passed rf radiated emissions testing as they claimed.  That part might have potentially been registered in the fcc database.  why do the bluetooth and wifi get registered in the database?  Why doesn't it matter now but at the time it would matter because it meant the hardware engineering to satisfy fcc requirements was done?

How do you know they intended 1.5 gig for standard and how do you know that 4k has 2gig ram but the gpu isn't close?  Isn't close for what?

You can't just assume they lost their investors in 2020 based on one interview with the CFO.  How do you know they had the line of credit and it wasn't tied to those investors?

Some people seem to forget FCC certification is not a partial credit system. It is all or none. They have not passed it isn't in their database.

1 hour ago, rayik said:

False.  Amico Console allowed you to connect your cell phones as a controller.  IE never said this was limited to certain games. IE never said the games would be modified to use the Cell Phone controller.  IE never said the games would not run the same using a Cell Phone as a controller. 

You are correct. The games do not need modified for the phones. In fact, phones have been shown playing games more than the controllers.

Some idiots here thought that the cornhole video with Han's family showed them using the controllers. When in fact all action shots with the game were done with phones.

Regarding investors and line of credit. The investor can't just take money back freely. Look at the crowdfunding investors. They put in money and can't take it out. The person who pulled out was a POTENTIAL investor. That means Intellivision never had that person but thought they did.

The same thing with the line of credit. They never had it. Full stop. It doesn't just get yanked away. If they needed XX to get the line of credit, and they were HOPEFUL they would get it, IS, NOT, HAVING, IT. They didn't have XX to get it, and therefore couldn't lose something they never had.

If they did have the line of credit the Amicos would have been made. Assuming it isn't super busted. Which may be the case. Here is a great example of it being busted. 

I do have the data to show that no matter what Amico is a flop. Dynablasters desig acted an important enough game to make a code in box release is tearing it up on Steam.

Screenshot_20230916_090910_Chrome.thumb.jpg.62c5f024d8e2565766a476885d8c6cd2.jpg

This might be a situation in which VCS sells more copies than Steam since the VCSers seem to just buy everything just because. 🤣

This whole Amico Home also shows all the LEDs were superficial, unnecessary, and happened to add cost to a console that had needed to be budget. Way to go Intellivision! 👏

tumblr_f722739824b2e135d7ec650decfd862b_45bd9857_400.gif.00c923c13cf77fac21efdea3b690e53d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

The Dead Parrot sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus is like someone coming in to return an Amico because it "ceased to be." 

That's a pretty accurate depiction of what it was like trying to get a refund on that deposit that was promised to be "100% refundable at any time."

Well, 100% refundable "at any time" was how Tommy described it.  I think that was later changed/interpreted by mr...err... a certain AA user to imply they were honest because they actually meant "100% refundable for a while there, then y'all can go f*** yourselves and leave us alone because we're on vacation again" or something like that.

• Haha 4

I do have the data to show that no matter what Amico is a flop. Dynablasters desig acted an important enough game to make a code in box release is tearing it up on Steam.

Screenshot_20230916_090910_Chrome.thumb.jpg.62c5f024d8e2565766a476885d8c6cd2.jpg

Is that literally "2 players" or does the 2 represent units like hundred, thousand, etc?  Heck, seems like if just the development team + friends and family give it a shot, it should never just be "2."

• Like 2

This might be a situation in which VCS sells more copies than Steam since the VCSers seem to just buy everything just because. 🤣

Going by the order numbers they use which seem to just count up sequentially, they've only sold roughly ~43,000 total units of VCS software since launch. 

So that tells me the majority of VCS owners have bought zero games. Either people are just playing the included Vault or they haven't used their VCS at all. 

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

The Adreno 506 is a decent gpu.  It's about six times more powerful than what's in the Chromecast Google TV 4k.  It's a big difference, games wouldn't have to even come close to pushing the 506 to it's limits.  I didn't comment on the cpu, eight core vs four core, not sure how that might affect things.  People observed slowdown in some games during development, if they were able to fix that there should be issues on weaker hardware with some games.

How do you know that the Adreno 506 is six times more powerful than a Chromecast?  Which people observed slowdown in some games during development?

Why would Amico Home require Amico controllers or something emulating them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Is that literally "2 players" or does the 2 represent units like hundred, thousand, etc?  Heck, seems like if just the development team + friends and family give it a shot, it should never just be "2."

I believe the answer is 2. Not two hundred, thousand, or 22. Just 2.

Screenshot_20230916_153615_Chrome.thumb.jpg.574c7f9da1d9a926dbaeb5ece7fd6a9d.jpg

Edit: Game time! Guess which one is Dynablaster.

Screenshot_20230916_153913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.027a5ce8d83231a7ea1801accf929037.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 4