IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

15 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

As Tommy would say, at least they aren't AtGames. :P

He definitely had an irrational hatred for AtGames. Since I worked there at the time and the times he was critical of (and in fact directly involved in much of the Intellivision stuff), it certainly made me a bit angry, but the difference is I separated the person from the product, much like my occasional purchase of Arcade1Up stuff despite my extreme dislike for certain individuals who were once associated with the company. But then I guess Tallarico was never known for his emotional intelligence, even pre-Amico.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, famicommander said:

AtGames could throw flaming puppies at old ladies from moving vehicles and it couldn't make their reputation any worse than it already is. 

All I can say is that I'm proud of how I was part of transforming the company from a purveyor of inexpensive annual plug and play console releases to a legitimate home arcade supplier, and the improvement of their reputation. They'll likely never be "perfect" because of the size of the company, available resources, and the potential size of the retro market in the modern era, but the fact is, issues still here and there or not, they've been delivering products, and trying to improve, for well over 20 years. As the Amico and other fiascos show, that's not exactly easy.

• Like 3

Just now, Bill Loguidice said:

All I can say is that I'm proud of how I was part of transforming the company from a purveyor of inexpensive annual plug and play console releases to a legitimate home arcade supplier, and the improvement of their reputation. They'll likely never be "perfect" because of the size of the company, available resources, and the potential size of the retro market in the modern era, but the fact is, issues still here and there or not, they've been delivering products, and trying to improve, for well over 20 years. As the Amico and other fiascos show, that's not exactly easy.

Being better than a company that is run by inept charlatans and literal scam artists is not worthy of celebration. All AtGames did was release classic games in an embarrassing state giving people the wrong impression that they sucked all along. Bad hardware, worse software, bad support. They soiled the names of Atari, Intellivision, SEGA, Namco, and Coleco and took advantage of a confused, older fanbase that didn't understand just how poor these products were in comparison to contemporary PC emulators, console collections of ROMs, or the original systems themselves. The only people satisfied with them were the shelf queens who didn't bother opening them in the first place.

I worked at a game store where we were on commission and when things got returned it came out of our next paychecks. Consequently I learned to start begging people not to buy AtGames crap because 85% of it got returned and I'd end up starting my next day in a hole. I'd tell them the damn paddles weren't gonna work on the Atari before they bought it and the next day they'd return it complaining about the paddles. I'd tell them the screen on the Flashback Portable isn't visible if you try to look at it directly and you have to hold it at a weird angle, and they'd buy it anyway and come back whining to me. I't tell them those god damn Genesis clones would come alive in the middle of the night and strangle their children and they'd buy it anyway and then come back and tell me the sound is awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Being better than a company that is run by inept charlatans and literal scam artists is not worthy of celebration. All AtGames did was release classic games in an embarrassing state giving people the wrong impression that they sucked all along. Bad hardware, worse software, bad support. They soiled the names of Atari, Intellivision, SEGA, Namco, and Coleco and took advantage of a confused, older fanbase that didn't understand just how poor these products were in comparison to contemporary PC emulators, console collections of ROMs, or the original systems themselves. The only people satisfied with them were the shelf queens who didn't bother opening them in the first place.

I worked at a game store where we were on commission and when things got returned it came out of our next paychecks. Consequently I learned to start begging people not to buy AtGames crap because 85% of it got returned and I'd end up starting my next day in a hole. I'd tell them the damn paddles weren't gonna work on the Atari before they bought it and the next day they'd return it complaining about the paddles. I'd tell them the screen on the Flashback Portable isn't visible if you try to look at it directly and you have to hold it at a weird angle, and they'd buy it anyway and come back whining to me. I't tell them those god damn Genesis clones would come alive in the middle of the night and strangle their children and they'd buy it anyway and then come back and tell me the sound is awful.

Cool.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Jesus, man. They’re not that bad. I’m not a “shelf queen” ( never heard that before) and I’ve bought and enjoyed their products.  I liked how simple and easy to use they were. I think for the price they were fine, and in a sea of scammers they have been consistently putting out product for 20 years now, which is awesome. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jhd said:

The new Amico roadmap feels to me like they are actually getting farther away from production than closer to it. The fact that there are no projected or even estimated release dates really emphasizes that. 

Absolutely. I still go with my original assumption post final asset dump to Atari that it's just waiting out the clock. The remaining team will continue paying themselves as long as there's any money left and *maybe* release another game or two. I had thought absolutely best case scenario that there was an outside chance they'd manufacture and release a small run of controllers, but that probably no longer makes sense for a variety of reasons, including the anemic game sales. Best to pretend they're doing significant work while personally benefitting from the remaining funds. This non-roadmap roadmap is their final no-accountability play.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Absolutely. I still go with my original assumption post final asset dump to Atari that it's just waiting out the clock. The remaining team will continue paying themselves as long as there's any money left and *maybe* release another game or two. I had thought absolutely best case scenario that there was an outside chance they'd manufacture and release a small run of controllers, but that probably no longer makes sense for a variety of reasons, including the anemic game sales. Best to pretend they're doing significant work while personally benefitting from the remaining funds. This non-roadmap roadmap is their final no-accountability play.

But waiting for what exactly?

🤣Today on Discord

Once released the Amico will be the talk of the town. It bothers me that there’s a YouTube video with over 12 million views attacking Tommy, and a follow-up video to follow. It shows they truly don’t understand the power the Amico has in bringing people together. During times like this, John and everyone working on the Amico just need to ignore the noise and keep moving forward to deliver an amazing product. Sometimes I feel like Nintendo put out a hit piece on the Amico to ensure it doesn’t succeed.

• Haha 5

John doesn't want to answer any question about any promises they have not made good on.

5d9rb58.thumb.png.9003e81f65bb3cd7075ba8d021963e00.png

Ef99wh6.thumb.png.a23b2025912c8422686db6b1ece38582.png

Here's the context John is talking about.

THE CONTEXT: Amateur hour losers with a company name from 1979 can’t get their story straight about the crowdfunded family footbath they can’t produce yet refuse to refund to gullible marks who somehow still believe in Santa Claus and the many talents and accomplishments of Tommy Tallarico.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Waiting until they no longer have any money left to pay themselves.

Whose money?

I mean what stops them from just dividing now among themselves whatever money is left and wait for the follow up lawsuit and gag orders?

That’s where this has been headed for a while … I am not sure there’s a world in which they get to sidestep the shitshow brewing upon them, there just isn’t an umbrella big enough… they don’t make them, never have.

9 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Waiting until they no longer have any money left to pay themselves.

This has me wondering: do you guys really think they still have money left? Well, now that they sold Intellivision to Atari, they have gotten some, but probably not much to pay salaries for several months. It's not like Amico Home games sold a lot...

8 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

🤣Today on Discord

Once released the Amico will be the talk of the town. It bothers me that there’s a YouTube video with over 12 million views attacking Tommy, and a follow-up video to follow. It shows they truly don’t understand the power the Amico has in bringing people together. During times like this, John and everyone working on the Amico just need to ignore the noise and keep moving forward to deliver an amazing product. Sometimes I feel like Nintendo put out a hit piece on the Amico to ensure it doesn’t succeed.

Oh, so François is on Discord I see. 🤣

• Like 1

So now that the furniture lawsuit has been settled (I’m guessing paid with the Atari money), I’m betting John and Nick keep paying themselves for the next year or two and just start ghosting everyone (even more than they already do).  I’m assuming they will use the “merger” (as shills keep calling it) as the reason for no more actual updates until the shill numbers start decreasing from Tab induced diabetic comas.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Whose money?

I mean what stops them from just dividing now among themselves whatever money is left and wait for the follow up lawsuit and gag orders?

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

This has me wondering: do you guys really think they still have money left? Well, now that they sold Intellivision to Atari, they have gotten some, but probably not much to pay salaries for several months. It's not like Amico Home games sold a lot...

I don't think they have enough left to do anything meaningful, like manufacturing anything, but I think they still have enough to continue paying themselves for a bit longer.  Maybe a month or two, maybe several, I dunno.

That has me wondering:  🤣   Do you guys think they're still working* on anything for free just because they care?

*I know "working" maybe a bit of a stretch here based on their output

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I don't think they have enough left to do anything meaningful, like manufacturing anything, but I think they still have enough to continue paying themselves for a bit longer.  Maybe a month or two, maybe several, I dunno.

That has me wondering:  🤣   Do you guys think they're still working* on anything for free just because they care?

*I know "working" maybe a bit of a stretch here based on their output

We're all just speculating, but yes, I absolutely think they're not doing this for free and are paying the salaries of the few remaining individuals. I'm not sure of the specifics of how they'll file for bankruptcy or under what circumstances or conditions, but my assumption is the paying of the salaries, the trickle of software product, the occasional public statements, etc., is for procedural purposes so there's less chance of any liability when the inevitable happens. They can show "good faith," etc., when they're before the courts. So yeah, not only to make money while they still can for not doing much, but to protect themselves as much as possible legally.

Frankly, it makes you wonder what shenanigans they did to allegedly blow through $17 million. Certainly distance from that helps their legal case as well, as the changing of who's in charge and doing what, etc.

I suppose when they do the bankruptcy fillings, we'll know better what the timelines were and who did or didn't do what. That will likely be the last bit of truly interesting info to come out of this epic fiasco.

• Like 4