IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Not sure what you were trying to achieve, because you video starts at the very beginning... 

He's trying to help 2 drunken podcasters stop the Amico from becoming the #1 selling game console of all time!

ALL TIME!!

Ignorance Disclaimer -- I assume these are the 2 that Tommy referred to as "2 drunken podcasters" but I don't know for sure, so that joke might be stupid.

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

ALL TIME!!

The Russian's are still working on their console, they have a LOT more money to piss around and it's still vaporware. :P

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I assume these are the 2 that Tommy referred to as "2 drunken podcasters" but I don't know for sure, so that joke might be stupid.

Isn't one of the guys from this YouTube channel always drinking beer?

50 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Isn't one of the guys from this YouTube channel always drinking beer?

I dunno... I don't think I've ever actually watched one of those.  If I have at some point along the "Amico saga" timeline, I don't remember it.

That's not a knock to them, or anything - they may have a fine product going there - it's just not the type of media I'm usually interested in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Not sure what you were trying to achieve, because you video starts at the very beginning... The Amico parts starts at 36'13'' in case my link doesn't work:

Did I say I was posting it at the correct time? The guy wanted the video and I provided it. :P

Well, that's confirmation then about the impact of the Atari money on releases: little to none. If they don't have the resources to get even a small run of controllers out in 2024, then there's zero chance for any future year, not to mention acting like it's a company of one when it comes to future releases. It truly is just remaining funding to keep the  minimal lights on at the "company" and pay salaries, mostly the latter.

Seriously, I'd love to see the cult members spin this one at this point. I literally want to know how they're expecting them to bring in revenue to do anything at this point since we know Amico Home and the games are a dud.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Well, that's confirmation then about the impact of the Atari money on releases: little to none. If they don't have the resources to get even a small run of controllers out in 2024, then there's zero chance for any future year, not to mention acting like it's a company of one when it comes to future releases. It truly is just remaining funding to keep the  minimal lights on at the "company" and pay salaries, mostly the latter.

Seriously, I'd love to see the cult members spin this one at this point. I literally want to know how they're expecting them to bring in revenue to do anything at this point since we know Amico Home and the games are a dud.

Most of the shills have rebranded/gone completely silent. Their arguments for the console were an insult to anyone with a basic intelligence level. That was even back in the day when it seemed to have a shot to come out.

Them opening their mouths now will do nothing but bring on much deserved mocking for such a horrible take. If I cared enough I'd occasionally drop in to remind them of all the shit they said about anyone with an opinion. And how you are a garbage human being for laughing at all the IE blunders.

The ones who didn't rebrand moved to Rumble, and the last I heard Mullis was whining about that platform too. DJC I think hangs on Intellivision streams with some people here at AA, and BIC does mainly Evercade I think.

Hey @RetroAdvisoryBoard! When are you going to finish your tenets of Intellivision Amico series? Surely you aren't that busy trying to pick up chick's in bars with Amico Home?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So John can do it all... but will he/they is something different altogether. 

So can we call this another hardware delay? :P

4bi2hnucr68d1.thumb.png.fa740bcff941bceba97dd06f12496113.png

Oh well, if he feels “certain” we’re good, no?

What does it mean to “feel certain”? Like “feeling certain vibes” or “almost but not quite 100% for sure-ish, more like 42%”?

“I could do them all by myself” …

image.png.7d7f1e7d59ec37d43ce299d0ff7c4e80.png

Edited by phoenixdownita

17 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Who is 'BIC'? OEB Pete? And don't you dare forget about François!! He loves Amico Home and has the time of his life apparently! 🤷‍♂️

Bacon Icecream Productions. (The "Will the Amico be as powerful" meme guy)

Edited by SegaMasterSystemPunk
  • Thanks 1

A Pre-Order Refund Update from John Alvarado the Curly Moustache Man...

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I recently took over responsibility of pre-order management and support tickets, and I'm working through the backlog. I found your pre-order record:

Order #: 10454
Order Status:
Order Date: 2020-01-27 13:03:00
Item SKU: AMICO-CNSL-WDGRN-FE-NA
Item Description: Intellivision Amico System - Vintage Woodgrain - Founders NA

Assuming you want a refund, I've added your order to the refund queue. Your deposit will be refunded via PayPal to the email address in your pre-order record above. Please let me know if you prefer a different email for receiving the refund via PayPal. 

FYI: We have a monthly budget for refunds, and based on your position in the queue, I estimate yours will be issued in August. Sorry for the wait.

Best regards,
John Alvarado

intellivision-amico-loady-loading-refund.gif.5fa51d07c017726bdec9da0a5957b8e2.gif

• Like 8

I wonder if the reason for the cap on monthly refunds is they're taking a draw from a pool of money that they earn interest on each month? I worked for a company in the 90s that would do that on a daily basis. It goes without saying that while that's a good business practice (earning passive income, no matter how small), it's not a sign of overall financial health. I suppose the Amico "team" could also be limiting monthly losses for tax purposes. 

On a side note, I thought I was late in requesting refunds way back when I did it, but I guess there are still those who want out who haven't yet done so (I don't get the people who just write off the loss of the money - I mean, I know it's not a lot relatively speaking, but there is the principal of it). I'm still bitter about the loss of shipping, etc., but at least I got out.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I wonder if the reason for the cap on monthly refunds is they're taking a draw from a pool of money that they earn interest on each month? I worked for a company in the 90s that would do that on a daily basis. It goes without saying that while that's a good business practice (earning passive income, no matter how small), it's not a sign of overall financial health. I suppose the Amico "team" could also be limiting monthly losses for tax purposes. 

On a side note, I thought I was late in requesting refunds way back when I did it, but I guess there are still those who want out who haven't yet done so (I don't get the people who just write off the loss of the money - I mean, I know it's not a lot relatively speaking, but there is the principal of it). I'm still bitter about the loss of shipping, etc., but at least I got out.

Why did you lose on the shipping?

(were these the “physical games”?)

20 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Why did you lose on the shipping?

(were these the “physical games”?)

Yes. I had to ship those back to get the refund. I think I also might not have gotten the full amount for the console either, but I forget why. It was close, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Just "writing off" the loss just gives the next bunch of innept scammers reason to scam. "Look these idiots will buy stuff with a name attached to it and not care if we deliver!"

So is it time for another Coleco go around or are we going to see a Vectrex or something? These scammers need to hit some of these old consoles quickly. Their pigeons aren't getting any younger.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some variant of the Amico, the footbath mold, is on Aliexpress sometime in the near future.  Like the Konix Multisystem controller mold that was used for a PC controller.

I doubt that. It's a crap design that makes less sense if you don't have the controllers to finish it off.

I'm sure you can find all sorts of Amico Home compatible boards or devices on Ali!

:P

18 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

A Pre-Order Refund Update from John Alvarado the Curly Moustache Man...

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I recently took over responsibility of pre-order management and support tickets, and I'm working through the backlog. I found your pre-order record:

Order #: 10454
Order Status:
Order Date: 2020-01-27 13:03:00
Item SKU: AMICO-CNSL-WDGRN-FE-NA
Item Description: Intellivision Amico System - Vintage Woodgrain - Founders NA

Assuming you want a refund, I've added your order to the refund queue. Your deposit will be refunded via PayPal to the email address in your pre-order record above. Please let me know if you prefer a different email for receiving the refund via PayPal. 

FYI: We have a monthly budget for refunds, and based on your position in the queue, I estimate yours will be issued in August. Sorry for the wait.

Best regards,
John Alvarado

intellivision-amico-loady-loading-refund.gif.5fa51d07c017726bdec9da0a5957b8e2.gif

which email address did you email to get this response from John?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

which email address did you email to get this response from John?

dontaskmeaboutanything@intellivision.com

I love how John confirmed they misled everyone and took their money under the lie of refunds being available anytime.

I wonder if they could get in trouble for that?

• Haha 2