IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

37 minutes ago, number6 said:

@MrBeefy

Groundhog day again in IE trademark world. You would think that with almost nothing left they could keep track of their "Amico" (design) trademark, but no.

Petition to Revive Abandoned Application - Failure to File Timely Statement of Use or Extension Request

(recorded date June 26, 2024)

Once again we get the usual excuse from the attorney:

I've come to the obvious conclusion that it is -not- news when IE fails to file necessary paperwork. It is only news if they do file necessary paperwork.

In addition after this processing, uspto recorded:

5th and -final- extension of time to show use of the IE "Amico" (design) mark

So, if anyone is counting, they have 6 months to prove use in commerce of this mark or like the original Intellivision Amico mark, it will be abandoned and classified "dead". Of course they can just refile for a new serial number for the same mark to start the delay process all over again.

Well I'd half expect them to finally give it up in the next 6 months.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well I'd half expect them to finally give it up in the next 6 months.

This one cost $525 to uspto (bottom of the 1st doc) plus whatever their attorney fees are.  So that's 5+ refunds being postponed, if you look at it strictly from a cost perspective. Given the hundreds of filings over the years, this is likely a substantial amount in total.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, number6 said:

This one cost $525 to uspto (bottom of the 1st doc) plus whatever their attorney fees are.  So that's 5+ refunds being postponed, if you look at it strictly from a cost perspective. Given the hundreds of filings over the years, this is likely a substantial amount in total.

Someone should ask John if it affects the monthly refund budget.

• Like 1

Here is an idea, take all your combined creative juices and feed this thread into AI, tell it to write a book (will have to be done in chapters, due to character limitations).  Then group edit the thing, add all the funny memes via pics, the AI won't just get and sell the thing on Amazon.  Take the proceeds, pay back all the pre-orders and the rest to make a 32 way controller (it's dead easy and with interpolation, you can easily double that) to offer to the masses.

:ponder:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Here is an idea, take all your combined creative juices and feed this thread into AI, tell it to write a book (will have to be done in chapters, due to character limitations).  Then group edit the thing, add all the funny memes via pics, the AI won't just get and sell the thing on Amazon.  Take the proceeds, pay back all the pre-orders and the rest to make a 32 way controller (it's dead easy and with interpolation, you can easily double that) to offer to the masses.

ace-ventura.thumb.gif.9157180f68c05950f24de28be6913fc4.gif

How's about I slap the piss out of Tommy and FORCE HIM to pay everybody back. Every last cent.

stewie-wheres-my-money-man.gif.430af1d590d8224229f4705e633a66f4.gif

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

You'd get a better book if all the Amico threads were unlocked/unhidden and were also fed into the AI. Better book means more money so after pre-orders are taken care of we can throw a taco party.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Where was this snark energy when TT was close to driving the reputation of these boards into the ground? 

Also, according to some Atari shareholders, you are ALL officially working for Atari so you should be much nicer to us :)

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Good luck getting AI to spell anything correctly.  Even telling it to write "Amico," and you get "Ammico" with mutated letters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Where was this snark energy when TT was close to driving the reputation of these boards into the ground?  

Also, according to some Atari shareholders, you are ALL officially working for Atari so you should be much nicer to us :)

Maybe one day, I will share with you all, what I said to TT privately back then.  You will see I tried very hard to make him realize what was going on.

Yeah, still waiting for that paycheck, considering I probably had just a little bit to do with that sale. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Also, according to some Atari shareholders, you are ALL officially working for Atari so you should be much nicer to us :)

You get what you pay for! 😅

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Maybe one day, I will share with you all, what I said to TT privately back then.  You will see I tried very hard to make him realize what was going on.

Yeah, still waiting for that paycheck, considering I probably had just a little bit to do with that sale. 🤣

Something something...Beefys dumb...yes beefys dumb and no one cares....intellivision sucks...and beefys dumb

15 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Why not share it now?