IGNORED

board games and card games

Post your favorite board/card games. I bought my GF Connect 4 and Life off of Amazon recently, and we've been having fun playing with her 2 twenty something son and daughter (and her BF). Also, we have Sorry and Family Feud. I have a nice collection of Marvel/DC toys (mostly loose) I bought at yard sales and in large lots, and they love the comic book movies. So to add an extra element of fun, I will place 4 or 5 toys on the table, and the winner gets their choice of toys. 

These toys were like 50 cents to a buck each. Not much at all, but it adds fun to it.

il_794xN.886426403_bxff.jpg

• Like 4

I used to have this that was a board game with electronic device in the late 70s.   The device thing would play sound effects that gave clues to where the thief was.  For instance, if it played a door opening, followed by 2 footsteps and glass breaking, there were only a few places on the board that could be and you'd rush to catch them.

e14e05756e65ec7a0eaf610b1d39ccab.jpg

• Like 4

We still have a Stop Thief game! Two I do believe!

Saw a new copy in stores a year or so ago, but it used an app instead of the Electronic Crime Scanner. An app-based version didn’t sound half-as cool, so we passed it up.

Edited by pacman000
Correcting name; it wasn’t called a Crime Detector Computer.

12 hours ago, pacman000 said:

Saw a new copy in stores a year or so ago, but it used an app instead of the Electronic Crime Scanner. An app-based version didn’t sound half-as cool, so we passed it up.

I don't have an issue with that.    I haven't owned the game in many years, maybe I'll look for the app version.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, Lord Mushroom said:

142_1387803210.jpg

I love Pay Day!   My favorite "make the most money" board game.  Because unlike Monopoly, it has an end!   This is the version I had when I was a kid in the 70s.   I think the "Mail" cards were more varied and interesting in the older version.   In the modern edition of the game, mail mostly seems to bring bills.

il_fullxfull.370166404_37o4.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2022 at 12:57 PM, cjherr said:

I'm sure this is well known, but in case someone doesn't...

Renovation Games makes remakes/upgrades of Fireball Island (including expansions!) and Stop Thief! .

The also have Return to Dark Tower which is an excellent sequel to the original.

Yeah, I have heard about (and actually seen the Fireball Island and various expansions) both.  Really cool since both are considered to be two of best board games of all time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dixit is probably my favorite, & best played with closer friends. None of the cards have words. The active player makes up a clue & says it playing the card face down. Everyone else also plays a card face down to match the clue. Then you flip & try to guess which card is the active player. You score the most if some, but not all players guess right- so it's interesting to see who's able to figure it out.

We also play a lot of Betrayal at House on the Hill... it's a horror movie in board game form. You explore a creepy mansion, generated at random by your movements. Eventually you'll trigger 'the haunt'- which changes the gameplay. Based on when/where that happens, there's 50 different scenarios you could end up playing. It's a little rough since you basically have to re-learn the game rules every time, but the variety makes for amazing replay value!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...