IGNORED

falcon help

hello

I have a dead keyboard/mouse(?) on my falcon. It boots to desktop fine but I can get any input devices to work. I have just moved to the ny city area and money is kinda tight right now for me to send it out to any of the atari repair companies. I am wondering if any locals with reapi experience could maybe help me get this sucker working so I can start using it for some midi work. Hopefully we can work something out...

love

Peter Lewis swimm

Have you tried opening up your Falcon? Check to see if the keyboard connection is correctly inplace on the main motherboard. If it has come loose then both your keyboard and mouse (+ joystick) will not function properly or not at all!

Let me know how you go!

This is a bit embarressing but when I had owned my 520 ST for a year or two it suddenly stopped responding to joystick/mouse movement.

I'm no service technician but on the other hand I reaaaaally wanted to play some games so I opened the machine up and found a 3 inch thick layer of dust on top of the joystick connectors.

I lifted the dust of the connectors and everything worked.

Hope this is of any help to you.

Cheers!

Troop

If its the power light (bottom left corner of the machine) then no its fine. If the disk light is staying on, then something is wrong! I would suggest checking the floppy cable, to see if it is connected properly. The machine will not boot if it cannot find the floppy drive! Try that and get back to me