IGNORED

Brown vs grey carrying bags/pouches

slx

I always thought that Lynx carrying bags/pouches were grey but now saw a brown version of the large carrying bag (the one with the clear game storage compartments in the lid and the movable dividers in the main part. 

Does anyone know if brown is an earlier/later style and/or limited to certain markets or if brown was simply sold as an alternate color?

Thanks!

Not sure without seeing a photo, but from your description I wonder if the "brown" is just the grey, but aged?

I've got a couple of tattier old ones and they seem to fade from grey to something you might describe as brown.

Without seeing what you're talking about though I might be entirely wrong of course lol.

1 hour ago, Trew said:

Yeah that was originally grey! The photo doesn't help, but from experience they just washout/fade over time.

Interesting. At least no need to buy it for a complete collection ;-) (was tempted at first sight).

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I have three of these now, and they're all slightly different shades. For a complete complete collection, I assume you need both the original where the games constantly fall out, and the newer one with the flaps to cover each row of games. Of the three I have, only one has the flaps, and that's the only one I actually use to carry a Lynx around. The game pouches in the others are kinda useless. Interestingly, that newest one is also the redest/brownest. Actually looks closer to a deep blood red shade in person IMHO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 6:24 PM, cubanismo said:

Yeah, I have three of these now, and they're all slightly different shades. For a complete complete collection, I assume you need both the original where the games constantly fall out, and the newer one with the flaps to cover each row of games. Of the three I have, only one has the flaps, and that's the only one I actually use to carry a Lynx around. The game pouches in the others are kinda useless. Interestingly, that newest one is also the redest/brownest. Actually looks closer to a deep blood red shade in person IMHO.

I thought the original had the flaps, just no Velcro to keep the flats closed.