IGNORED

Secret Collect. homebrew game

deater78

I've been working on an actual 2600 version of the parody "Secret Collect." flash game by the Homestarrunner people.

It's currently playable, though only two levels.  I have plans to fix the timing so it glitches a bit less on actual hardware, and hopefully I can squeeze the game data enough to fit at least 4 levels in.

You can see a video / get a ROM image here: http://www.deater.net/weave/vmwprod/secret_collect/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just released v1.4 which I'm going to call the final version unless anyone finds some issues with it.  I hope there aren't any bugs as I'm right at the edge of being out of ROM and I've already had to pull a lot of tricks to make it all fit.

There are now 8 levels, but they repeat (with less time available each time it wraps). 

I added speed boost power ups, though they are a bit different from the original game this is a port of.  Getting more than 2 of them makes things go really fast so there's some strategy to getting them (you can drop your speed by running into the pulsing walls).  There's also now a 50 point bonus for finishing the level without hitting any walls.

sc_screen_new.png

Edited by deater78
typo

had to release a v1.5 because I wasn't initializing everything to 0 at boot, and on real hardware it was causing the title screen to come up weird.  The new version works fine on both real hardware and on stella in developer mode.

On the plus side by initing everything to zero it actually freed up ROM space because I could take out some explicit LDA/STA initializations later on

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Secret Collect on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

20220802-Let's Play.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...