IGNORED

Atari 7800 Forever- Many Updates

Cousin Vinnie

Lots of things happening at Atari 7800 Forever with the help of Silverback, Nikon, Crossbow, and that sexy bastard Dan Boris.

***Deciphering the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection Game List

***Ranking The Upcoming PRGE 9 Games from My Least Anticipated to Most. 

***What Makes a "Super Game" Super?

***Silverback reviews Meltdown

***Silverback reviews Sentinel

Ch-ch-ch-check it out.
www.atari7800forever.com

attackoftheprobotsss9.png

• Like 5

Seeing the screenshot above and the write-up in the article, "Ranking The Upcoming PRGE 9 Games from My Least Anticipated to Most", evidently a 'small' update to Attack of the 7800 PETSCII Robots was missed:

image.thumb.png.5132d75b0e522fb6d2bfc3c3df6b9363.png

After reviewing the aforementioned link, if it doesn't change your anticipation level, certainly it should change your perspective.  ;)

Even since that update, more was revealed..."the new incredible POKEY soundtrack by Noelle Aman".  Soundtrack is apropos, as the game contains several different POKEY melodies.

I have to concur with this comment: "Based on the video posted to facebook, the screenshots above do not really do it justice", and another: "I just watched the video, wow, visually and audibly fantastic. Great job guys!", along with the comments of others who have witnessed a more recent version of this game.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Seeing the screenshot above and the write-up in the article, "Ranking The Upcoming PRGE 9 Games from My Least Anticipated to Most", evidently a 'small' update to Attack of the 7800 PETSCII Robots was missed:

image.thumb.png.5132d75b0e522fb6d2bfc3c3df6b9363.png

After reviewing the aforementioned link, if it doesn't change your anticipation level, certainly it should change your perspective.  ;)

Even since that update, more was revealed..."the new incredible POKEY soundtrack by Noelle Aman".  Soundtrack is apropos, as the game contains several different POKEY melodies.

I have to concur with this comment: "Based on the video posted to facebook, the screenshots above do not really do it justice", and another: "I just watched the video, wow, visually and audibly fantastic. Great job guys!", along with the comments of others who have witnessed a more recent version of this game.

It looks pretty darn good. I have to admit I know a lot about every other game on the list, but this one has flown under my radar. Like I said in the piece, this could be the sleeper hit of the pack. It looks crazy ambitious. I can't wait to play it. Mike and Matt do some great friggin work. 

• Like 4

On 7/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, Silver Back said:

Amazing stuff. This is a great time to be a 7800 fan and cousin Vinnie has a great companion website for us!

Awww shucks. 

You're just saying that because you are getting those big time retro game reviewer buxx now. (The check is in the mail) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 8:55 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

Mike and Matt do some great friggin work

Thanks! Mike must take all the major credit for the color version - what he has been able to achieve here is amazing!! Creating a new cart format with Fred (this will open a few more doors gfx wise), full 160b visuals, incorporating an existing RMT pokey engine and SNES controller support (into 7800basic) are just the start. Also David created a very transferrable core 6502 source with made the initial work quite easy. 

• Like 5